Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

wouldn’t be a transfer thread on redcafe without weirdos getting aggy about Fabrizio Romano

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Actually, Carrick did quite well for us and was physically limited in terms of covering space. He made up for it by being very disciplined and being an accurate passer.

The small bits I’ve seen of Garner, he seems fairly athletic.
Carrick is actually a good example. In fact when he first broke through, Ole described Garner as a Carrick 20 years youngers. Personally, I don't think he has the same quality but he's still young with massive room for improvement. Still think a midfield of Garner and Frenkie next season would be a bit light weight but then I'm not a professional football manager.

Sparky Rhiwabon

No idea why anyone would spend anywhere near the money West Ham want for Rice. Fabulous midfield destroyer he might be, but he's not even nearly good enough on the ball to command even over 40mil in my opinion.
He is good on the ball

Tavern in the town

Carrick is actually a good example. In fact when he first broke through, Ole described Garner as a Carrick 20 years youngers. Personally, I don't think he has the same quality but he's still young with massive room for improvement. Still think a midfield of Garner and Frenkie next season would be a bit light weight but then I'm not a professional football manager.
Garner is nothing like Carrick imo. I see a lot of people talk about Garner as if he’s that type of midfielder but for me he seems more like Ward-Prowse.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm happy to be corrected obviously but razarehman? Who is he? Says he writes for fan forums or something like that in his bio.

Esport3? Are they reliable or another of these garbage foreign radio shows that spew out ridiculous amounts of rumours that never come true?
I'm with you on Raza Rehman, mate.

Esport3 are a radio station based in Barcelona/Catalunya and are considered a good source for Barcelona.

TheReligion

Abusive
when talking about Ten Hag;

It's the same old tired party line we've been hearing for years. He's not even had his first match yet and already he's a Glazer shill.
Sugar coating how shite things are going to be next season.
And some of our players;

Shame they've all been varying degrees of shite.
Ten Hag again;

It's a two and a half year plan at a maximum as the latest he'll be sacked is Christmas 2024.
Amad (the different rates players develop)

Or not at all
Now FDJ;

Actually the next question is will he turn out to be as much of a dud as Sancho.
Literally every single thread you appear posting the same negative, boring dross.

Haven’t you got anything better to do? or another team to ‘support’?

Can’t work out if you’re a huge WUM or simply a cretin.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Re bissouma
Sangare is a United fan, more or less matched madrids new 100m man, won’t cost 40m and doesn’t have any dodgy allegations

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

If they dig their heels in the we need to walk away. No way on earth they should make a profit on him. And certainly nowhere near €100m.

60 mill fixed, 10 mill when he wins the golden boot twice, another 10 when he opens his first successful hair salon and the final 20 when he gets to the moon. Twice.
I'd pay good money to see their reaction if we faxed them that offer.

Tiber

I will be incredibly excited about this signing when we sign someone to play beside him.

DSG

I’d like to see Garner get 15-20 appearances against the likes of Crystal Palace and Everton. Given his success in the Championship, I’d like to know if he can take the next step into reliable squad option territory.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
when talking about Ten Hag;

And some of our players;

Ten Hag again;

Amad (the different rates players develop)

Now FDJ;

Literally every single thread you appear posting the same negative, boring dross.

Haven’t you got anything better to do? or another team to ‘support’?

Can’t work out if you’re a huge WUM or simply a cretin.
That cracked me up, was just a post of ignored quotes

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Garner is nothing like Carrick imo. I see a lot of people talk about Garner as if he’s that type of midfielder but for me he seems more like Ward-Prowse.
Depends on what you mean by nothing like Carrick. Does he play a similar position for Forest as Carrick did for Utd? Not really, but I'm talking more is sense of how he would position himself defensively. He doesn't have Carrick's passing range and plays more like Carrick did in his first season for us as opposed to the player he became later on. Where he would drive with the ball up until the middle third before releasing it.

DSG

I know he was on free kick duties with Forest, but the Ward-Prowse comparison seems a reach. Maybe outcome wise, but isn’t Garner over 6ft and rangey whereas Ward-Prowse is a compact, gritty type?

Judas

Open to offers
I don't get the supposed Utd supporters on here who just seem to hate us and want to make everything miserable and negative. Maybe football just isn't for you anymore, find something that actually makes you happy.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm very giddy about this one :D
Hopefully we wrap it up quick so we can move to secure other new shiny toys.

Tavern in the town

I know he was on free kick duties with Forest, but the Ward-Prowse comparison seems a reach. Maybe outcome wise, but isn’t Garner over 6ft and rangey whereas Ward-Prowse is a compact, gritty type?
I think they’re both midfielders who’s best attributes are ball striking, set pieces and delivery. Whereas someone like Carrick’s short passing game is mostly what made him so good.

dbs235

Is this actually going to happen?

I refuse to believe it.
This is the most convinced I've been that it's going to happen. All the noise before was that Barca want him gone but he doesn't want to leave, now everyones saying all that's left is to negotiate the fee with Barca.

RVN1991

Fantastic way to start off ETH's tenure. Hope it's done quickly and we can move on to strengthen other areas of the pitch.

Rolaholic

Seeing the amount of activity on this thread today, fully expected that something had happened. Have Utd prepared a bid?
Player is on board so an initial bid was reported to be officially made earlier which was rejected.

Negotiations are ongoing and the thought is that an agreement will eventually be reached. Negotiations would've never begun if the player wasn't interested like it was being speculated.

The excitement is from the reliable UK sources confirming what Barca sources have been saying that we're absolutely working on a deal with Barca.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I mean if he’s released of any charges, he has the perfect skillset to play that screening role in front of the back 4 and will complement FdJ well.
He doesn’t have any charges to be released from.

Probably. It's actually really under reported that. I only heard of it through the Caf and he's continued to play for Brighton all season.
The lack of conversation would be because he’s a free man who was arrested for an allegation 8 months back, bailed, and then released from bail. It’s only that Geebs isn’t having it, he needs a statement from Brighton Police on the 10 o’clock news before letting the man resume his career;)

Status
Not open for further replies.