Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highfather_24

This is a question I want to know. I think the obvious answer though is they want ten hags top target in a position that we desperately need and they want to make sure they can afford him where as if we sign other players first then there might not be enough money left to sign him.
What I dont understand is how the 5-10M we are gonna save in negotiations for the De Jong deal, is such a roadblock for the other 3-4 signings we are gonna make this summer. Am I to believe a possible lack of 10M is stopping us from buying the rest of our targets? Chances are even if we bought De Jong, we would still have 50-60M left, which is more than enough to make a signing or two without shitting ourselves. So I dont buy this line of argument at all, its dumb.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Now they are saying he doesn’t want to. Wtf is going on?!
How could he? The woman he loves is trampling all over his heart! He needs to take the risk and love again or he will fall into an endless pit of depression and his career will fall off from here.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Can we invite him into an MS Teams meeting please? Mike from HR can deliver a mean presentation full of data and stats, he will be persuaded in no time. I can almost picture it now...

Mike to FDJ: Im just gonna share my screen.... can you see it now?

bonothom

It's pretty obvious this guy does not want to come to United. Its gonna be another Di Maria. Why do United keep repeating the same mistakes every transfer window.

Red4Life_#7

Exactly! The whole world know of their financial problems, they need the money!! Lets stop being everyone's pay day and play hard ball. This is a new era!! Time to set the precedent. Drag this on if needed... we shouldn't meet their 85€ demands we have other targets to fill too.
De Jong hasn't shown the worth of being 75 million Euros Barcelona overpaid for his services and he hasn't shown any improvement in his performances to justify his perceived value. If Barcelona reject 65 mill euros the club should walk away. They have a wage cap issue, unable to register new players and Frenkie is one of the highest earners.
Exactly! They need him off their books because of his wages. They are struggling to register players they have already signed. The longer this goes on, the more desperate they will become.
Barca are taking the piss. No one else wants him. They need to sell. United should drag it out and call their bluff.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Can we invite him into an MS Teams meeting please? Mike from HR can deliver a mean presentation full of data and stats, he will be persuaded in no time. I can almost picture it now...

Mike to FDJ: Im just gonna share my screen.... can you see it now?
Funny. He start off, can you hear me? Frankie talks but he was on mute.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's pretty obvious this guy does not want to come to United. Its gonna be another Di Maria. Why do United keep repeating the same mistakes every transfer window.
Do you know how many transfer windows ago we signed Di Maria?

Big Andy

Bloke
There is a really good video

which shows how Ten Hag tries to use the players he has avaiable, if we don't get de Jong, then he has to reconsider who he can get and how to play with the existing shambles we have.
That accent is triggering me so badly. It's making me want to hurt myself.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What I dont understand is how the 5-10M we are gonna save in negotiations for the De Jong deal, is such a roadblock for the other 3-4 signings we are gonna make this summer. Am I to believe a possible lack of 10M is stopping us from buying the rest of our targets? Chances are even if we bought De Jong, we would still have 50-60M left, which is more than enough to make a signing or two without shitting ourselves. So I dont buy this line of argument at all, its dumb.
I agree with you… I’m just going of what I’ve been reading and what the most realistic reason will be. To be fair though that extra 10 mil could go along way towards another target of ours. As bad as it sounds every penny will help.

cyberman

We kept Pogba when he didn’t want to be here, Di Maria, Sanchez wanted to leave after his first training session, Lukaku wanted to go a few games in.
Please just sign players who want to play for United. Find someone else to bring up and use actual coaching to improve the side. Why does the first signing of a supposed new era have to be a typical signing of United from a poor one?

diarm

Papers/Twitter:
"Barca want €100m, United only offering €55m"
"Barca want €85m, United only offering €60m"
"Barca want €75m, United only offering €64m"
United fans:
"Oh my god, why are United so shit at negotiating?"

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Move on to other targets and call Barcelona's bluff. Just let them know the budget is only going lower the longer they wait.

We're just waiting like idiots because clubs know we'll cave in and get desperate when preseason starts with 0 signings done.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why do people keep repeating this utter drivel

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
If Frenkie is not that bothered about coming then why can’t the scouts look for 2 players who could fill his job? Anyone can say FDJ is good, but there will be other players around. Frenkie is no guarantee in the Premier League and didn’t pull up trees at Barca for the last three years. If this one is hard to do walk away and get someone else. Maybe Kone and Nunes would end up a better investment. And what is the obsession with only ever doing one deal at a time? The selling club gets a stronger hand. If Antony is easier to do, do it FFS!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We kept Pogba when he didn’t want to be here, Di Maria, Sanchez wanted to leave after his first training session, Lukaku wanted to go a few games in.
Please just sign players who want to play for United. Find someone else to bring up and use actual coaching to improve the side. Why does the first signing of a supposed new era have to be a typical signing of United from a poor one?
Soon people will realise why people ‘don’t want to be here’. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with Manchester United. We are a huge club, and players want to play at them. City are in the same location and seem to have far less unsettled/unhappy players. Liverpool are down the road and the same applies.

The environment here has been unpleasant for long and the football team has been second rate. This is why players want to leave, we shouldn’t keep painting everyone as mercenaries. Fix the root of the problem, otherwise more and more signings will come here and quickly become unhappy, and the only happy players will be the likes if McTominay who declared ‘he will keep signing contracts at United for life’ - which is easier to say when the alternative is signing contracts at Burnley. For players who are courted by Juventus, Barcelona and Real - we need to match their ambitions. But these players are happy to play for ‘Manchester United’. It’s just this present version of the club that is an oxymoron to what top players would want. Hopefully under a new manager and new direction, that will no longer be the case.

NLunited

I call bs, we would not negotiate so hard if he was not willing.

Even if he isn‘t, he is not in charge.

Convince his girlfriend, message her how great the shopping is in Manchester and so on.

RedDevil@84

Why do people keep repeating this utter drivel
Why is this being mocked? Isn't it true that the player does not want to leave Barca, doesn't want to come to us? Di Maria didn't want to leave Real, but was forced out. Di Maria didn't want to join us, but no one else wanted him for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.