Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

Because we haven't signed anyone nor do we seem to be close to signing anyone? Also been reported in the media

Why do you think its not true?
Exactly the same reasons but the opposite. The fact we havent sign anyone doesnt meant we're not working on more than one deal. And reported in the media is an even weaker argument for that.

choccy77

The media reports which have been repeated today online, all say United are waiting for outcome of this deal before they progress on others.

It's just a madness way of doing business and losing time and not even clearing out the deadwood.

But on a positive note (please note mods sic) its glorious and sunny today.

Mainoldo

The media reports which have been repeated today online, all say United are waiting for outcome of this deal before they progress on others.

It's just a madness way of doing business and losing time and not even clearing out the deadwood.

Is any other club doing business different?

They seem to be working one deal at a time.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

You gonna share any links or just keep spouting negative nonsense without any substance?

Suv666

Exactly the same reasons but the opposite. The fact we havent sign anyone doesnt meant we're not working on more than one deal. And reported in the media is an even weaker argument for that.
When was the last time we signed a player which wasn't preceded by weeks of rumours?
Falcao maybe?

When was the last time any top PL club signed a player without months of media coverage? Even before Haaland and Nunez there were months of rumours before being done.

If we are working on more than one deal surely there would be media rumblings unless we have become ninja stealthy then fair play.

It would be incredibly ridiculous and borderline insane if we are actually single threaded which is why it might be untrue. But can't put it past United.

choccy77

Is any other club doing business different?

They seem to be working one deal at a time.
I think it's a case of 3 or 4 other deals not progressing because of this one deal with Barcalona who seem to be jackasses at dealing with.

With pre season starting next week, it would have been sensible to get some new blood on the way, especially in other areas, surely not affected by a midfield signing.

I'm also convinced United have been holding back waiting for Greenwood situation to unfold as well as that could have an impact as well for ths summer.

Rolaholic

Blush away Frenkie, you're truly the apple of Erik's eye :D

sewey89

Can you simply just not use Google or are you that lazy?
:lol: give over. If you're going to come on spouting 'reports' then you should provide sources.

It's like walking up to somebody and saying "have you seen the weather forecast for next week?", them replying "no, what is it?" and you saying "can't you look for yourself or are you that lazy?"

It's a ridiculous retort.

RedDevilRoshi

1 deal at a time. That’s been our transfer strategy for years so it’s nothing new.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This journo is supposed to be reliable right?
There are like a thousand tweets saying the same thing for last 10 days. Utd expect the deal to happen, Barca expect the deal to happen, Sunderland expect, FDJ knows, ETH wants him etc. There is no new information there.

choccy77

:lol: give over. If you're going to come on spouting 'reports' then you should provide sources.

It's like walking up to somebody and saying "have you seen the weather forecast for next week?", them replying "no, what is it?" and you saying "can't you look for yourself or are you that lazy?"

All you have to do is go onto any media page and you will see the reports.

also some have been posted here already, so why duplicate posts?

Again, if you are to lazy to look, don't accuse people of being negative etc when all the media reports are saying the exact same thing.

Have you seen MEN poster they made today?.... I doubt you have, as it involves being hand fed instead of doing something proactive yourself.

The only negativity that isn't factual are posters like you.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There are like a thousand tweets saying the same thing for last 10 days. Utd expect the deal to happen, Barca expect the deal to happen, Sunderland expect, FDJ knows, ETH wants him etc. There is no new information there.
It's the same old news recycled until something new pops up.

The newest info we had yesterday was that we upped the bid and they rejected it. Clearly we are going to let them sweat on it until Barca get twitchy and accept a lower fee.

I'm sure this will happen, but it might not be for a couple of weeks yet.

sewey89

All you have to do is go onto any media page and you will see the reports.

also some have been posted here already, so why duplicate posts?

Again, if you are to lazy to look, don't accuse people of being negative etc when all the media reports are saying the exact same thing.

Have you seen MEN poster they made today?.... I doubt you have, as it involves being hand fed instead of doing something proactive yourself.

The only negativity that isn't factual are posters like you.
Still no links. Class.

RedDevilRoshi

Well that gives me a wee bit of hope that those mackem cnuts expect the deal to happen.

Do they reckon we might get Antony, Eriksen & a CB in as well?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

“I know you are, but what am I?!” :lol:

jamesjimmybyrondean

So they’ve only signed one player. Well he’s there no why haven’t they got Jesus yet?
What's your point? You said every other club has been one deal at a time. I gave you an example of how Arsenal have been working on one deal - Gabriel Jesus but went on to sign Viera. When the poster you replied said weve been working on one deal at a time he meant that we've been attempting to sign only De Jong and no other player. Which looks possible. Whereas Arsenal are are attempting to sign Jesus and went on to sign Viera and are also attempting to sign Raphinha.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

What's your point? You said every other club has been one deal at a time. I gave you an example of how Arsenal have been working on one deal - Gabriel Jesus but went on to sign Viera. When the poster you replied said weve been working on one deal at a time he meant that we've been attempting to sign only De Jong and no other player. Which looks possible. Whereas Arsenal are are attempting to sign Jesus and went on to sign Viera and are also attempting to sign Raphinha.
No you never. You gave me an example of Arsenal signing a player and then moving onto a next. Gabriel Jesus can sit in the same category as Timber, Antony and Eriksen.

So what is your point?

jamesjimmybyrondean

No you never. You gave me an example of Arsenal signing a player and then moving onto a next. Gabriel Jesus can sit in the same category as Timber, Antony and Eriksen.

So what is your point?

Here are some examples of Arsenal working on more than one deal at a time

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
So you would be happier if we lost one of our best players and replaced them with a very expensive guy from the Portuguese league - Liverpool
Or would you be happier if we bought a few players that no one really cares about - Arsenal
Or would you prefer to have lost 3 out of your 4 defensive starters and you striker you just paid £100m for last season with no incomings yet - Chelsea
Maybe you would give your left leg to have brought in a 33 year old winger and a DM with a sexual assault charge still looming - Tottenham

Christ on a bike. You would think that the teams around us have signed peak Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and Mbappe for 50p each.

The only team that has so far done really well is City and thats because they are at the peak of football currently and have almost certainly done some dodgy under the table dealings to get Haaland.

Getting annoyed won't make any transfers go any faster and the more you get annoyed, the less you will actually enjoy supporting the team.

I would wager there is a direct correlation between the people whinging about no transfer and those that will whinge that we haven't got the right transfers.
Meanwhile we've lost 4 players in a very weak midfield and have 2 players in attack whose last semi decent game would be more than 18 months ago by the time the new season starts.

Oh and there's that certain player who must not be named because of his sexual assault case who we've not replaced since January.

But sure you're right, the club is doing a great job not getting fleeced and it's not them being unprepared as usual.

Wezzaldo

Here are some examples of Arsenal working on more than one deal at a time [/QUOTE said:
How many have they signed?

We’re apparently working on Anthony, De Jong, Martinez and the Keeper. That’s actually more, so what’s your point?

The_Midfielder

This deal will drag along until August
We won't sign anybody else as we will wait for this deal to complete ..
Somehow Barcelona will get money from somewhere and decide not to sell..
Then we will buy Tom Davis

Mainoldo

Well I did give examples.
  • We have given Eriksen a contract offer
  • We got rejected by Darwin Nunez having agreed terms with the player
  • We wanted to pay €30m for Timber and agreed terms with his agent but looks like he’s staying
  • Antony is waiting like Raphinha is for Barca for us to submit an offer but at this current stage we value him at £40m

All this whilst we are sorting out a De Jong deal. So again I don’t see the difference.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well I did give examples.
  • We have given Eriksen a contract offer
  • We got rejected by Darwin Nunez having agreed terms with the player
  • We wanted to pay €30m for Timber and agreed terms with his agent but looks like he’s staying
  • Antony is waiting like Raphinha is for Barca for us to submit an offer but at this current stage we value him at £40m

All this whilst we are sorting out a De Jong deal. So again I don’t see the difference.
What? The bold bit makes no sense.
Also this is quite a lot of bullshit to be honest. The fact that Timber changed his mind eventually can be circumstantial, but Malacia may well be a good example of a clear target we will forego because we want to secure De Jong. There are also credible journalists that have stated we dont want to pursue other deals until De Jong is wrapped up.

Mainoldo

What? The bold bit makes no sense.
Also this is quite a lot of bullshit to be honest. The fact that Timber changed his mind eventually can be circumstantial, but Malacia may well be a good example of a clear target we will forego because we want to secure De Jong. There are also credible journalists that have stated we dont want to pursue other deals until De Jong is wrapped up.
What makes no sense? Isn’t it not known he picked us over Liverpool? He had agreed privately that he would be open to joining us. So then again what is wrong?

No offence but we have also quite openly said De Jong is our priority. I’m sure we like Malacia but your acting like he was a priority. We clearly don’t really give a shite and why should we. Good luck to the kid. We probably don’t sign a left back at all this window.

Why do we make big deals out of nothing. It’s not that deep.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Making offers that are ‘rejected out of hand’. We could probably do that - not that it would get us anywhere.

I reckon we’ll sign a player before any of those deals gets announced.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What makes no sense? Isn’t it not known he picked us over Liverpool? He had agreed privately that he would be open to joining us. So then again what is wrong?
No it is not.
We were never ready to pay what Liverpool paid so he was never given a choice of one club over the other. It never got to an advanced stage with the club - in fact we never bothered with a bid because it would have eaten into most our budget.
No offence but we have also quite openly said De Jong is our priority. I’m sure we like Malacia but your acting like he was a priority. We clearly don’t really give a shite and why should we. Good luck to the kid. We probably don’t sign a left back at all this window.

Why do we make big deals out of nothing. It’s not that deep.
I'm not acting like Malacia is a priority. You're making feck all sense. De Jong can be a priority but that doesn't mean we cant get simpler deals at a fraction of the price over the line in the meantime.

OT_United

I genuinely think we will get this done, but it won't be done for 3/4 weeks. We have such a bad strategy for signings.

Surely its better to pay up, albeit paying more than we hope, then integrate the signing into the team and let the player and the manager focus on the football? Just like Liverpool have done with Nunez, and countless other signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.