Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So negotiations are ongoing but a bid has not been made yet??????
What the feck does that mean!
Bids are a formality. In fact, they aren’t really ‘bids’ at all. They are just written offers of whatever has been negotiated/agreed.

Chief123

So negotiations are ongoing but a bid has not been made yet??????
What the feck does that mean!
This is not football manager where you keeping putting bids in and wait for one of them to be accepted.

If they are “negotiating” then why would you put a “bid” in? They are obviously negotiating what price they can do a deal at. They aren’t negotiating what to have for dinner. Once their negotiations lead to a positive agreement, then a formal bid will be placed.

honirelandboy

Ndidi, Neves and Pau Torres certainly aren't better than what we currently have.
Scott actually played in midfield for once for Scotland and got absolutely destroyed by Republic of Irelands Championship midfield. I'm not sure what Fred actually does.
Harry Maguire looks like he should go off to MLS and save himself some dignity of been embarrassed every game.

Bondi77

Bids are a formality. In fact, they aren’t really ‘bids’ at all. They are just written offers of whatever has been negotiated/agreed.
Barca: “We want this amount”
Utd: “We are prepared to pay this amount”
Barca: “That is not enough”
Where do they go from there?
We could split up the amount in various ways in the same way you could order a pizza and ask for it to be cut up in ten slices instead of eight but the size of the pizza remains the same.
It will all come down to a bid and if Barca are happy with the amount a deal will be done and until that happens it is not worth reading about.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Barca : cute spanish girl that lives near a beach with a sunny personality but doesnt love you anymore, also living on a paycheck. Likes Santana but doesnt know Phil Collins

ManUnited : average british girl whose house always gets flooded during heavy rain but has a loadsamoney from inheritance and loves you, knows Phil Collins from her granddad

I'd take option 2.

Bondi77

This is not football manager where you keeping putting bids in and wait for one of them to be accepted.

If they are “negotiating” then why would you put a “bid” in? They are obviously negotiating what price they can do a deal at. They aren’t negotiating what to have for dinner. Once their negotiations lead to a positive agreement, then a formal bid will be placed.
Bid....Agreement
It is the same thing and as I have stated before if we ask Barca what their minimum amount is and we are not prepared to pay it then we move on.
Does that make sense?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
In case anyone who doesn't have memories that last beyond 12 months, there will always be a final sting in the tail to this saga.

Just when we think it is about to close; there will be someone who will tweet that some other BIg club is coming in with a massive offer that blows United's proposal out of the water or some last-minute disagreement on the contract that will jeopardise the entire transfer.

It happens transfer cycle.

Gurtej

If 69m pounds is the total fees including add ons (assuming add ons are individual and team performance related) of which 55m is upfront…. I say it’s a cracking deal for someone of his quality….

Heck even Philips who I regard as being a very average player will cost city 52m in total!!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah because think we need to sell players for that to happen
I think it’s a strange interpretation of ‘120-150m plus anything from sales’ to equate to no more players after De Jong. Sounds pessimistic for the sake of it to me. It is obvious that we will try to sign more players after De Jong.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I’d like to see Hannibal and perhaps Garner given some minutes in certain games to see if they can play there way into being back ups.
I'd prefer to see Alejandro Garnacho and McNeil given a chance. From what I saw of the youth team, these are the two attackers who excited me most

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I guess the worry would be for positions where sales are needed first. For example I can't see us signing a CB before Bailly and/or Jones leave. Nor a RB unless AWB goes. So those may take a bit longer.
It might help if the club didn't seem to concentrate on just one at a time!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Ronaldo of course. Obviously in the 7 shirt though. If you meant the actual shirt number, it isn’t currently unoccupied so no mystery there.
Ronaldo is not a centre forward in my opinion and I just don't see him scoring 20 league goals

phelans shorts

Barca : cute spanish girl that lives near a beach with a sunny personality but doesnt love you anymore, also living on a paycheck. Likes Santana but doesnt know Phil Collins

ManUnited : average british girl whose house always gets flooded during heavy rain but has a loadsamoney from inheritance and loves you, knows Phil Collins from her granddad

I'd take option 2.
Sounds like today might be another day in paradise

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So two months of negotiations so we could lower the price by 5m? Sweet

copen1945

Finally. The negotiation team that Richard sent to Barcelona worked. I am glad he will be included in the pre-season tour.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So two months of negotiations so we could lower the price by 5m? Sweet
Sounds like it will be spread out. I know most deals are done in this way but could be what they were negotiating for this long, the exact structure of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.