Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

That's only if the amortization is broken down per year, which would change if Barca/negotiations demanded a higher initial/year one fee. Either way, the guaranteed transfer fee (not including add-ons) is going to be very good value for a player like FdJ.

John Dillinger

I hope nobody’s getting overly excited about de jong . He’s a great player but man the hype is getting a bit much.
Fair point,

but

He is genuinely world-class and would most likely get into both City's and Liverpool's team - when was the last signing we could say that about?

NLunited

I’m getting jaded with these big money transfers tbh- more excited about eth and his coaching and management abilities
Understood, however I think this player is a sure massive improvement for us. I hope Ten Hag will work out, but you never know.

Withnail

Spreading out the payments means sod all as far as I'm aware. The fee will be amortised over the length of the contract on the books regardless. I don't believe we'll have any extra money to spend this year based on the repayment structure.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Spreading out the payments means sod all as far as I'm aware. The fee will be amortised over the length of the contract on the books regardless. I don't believe we'll have any extra money to spend this year based on the repayment structure.
Amortization is an accounting entry, an instalment is about cash flow it affects what you can get at a certain point in time.

Tarrou

Yeah, I’m sure it helps with cashflow a little bit but I doubt it has much impact on overall budget for players this summer

it’s not like United has cashflow issues

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Terry Flewers. That name literally cracks me up every time. What a goat.

SAF is the GOAT

Is he even reliable ?

in 1 hand he says its done and Frenkie will be introduced in the weekend but in the other hand he says its not 100%

Offsideagain

Some website called TeamTalk reports that de Jong has rejected a move to United! Probably just more smoke and mirrors from the media.

WPMUFC

You nutters made me read through 12 pages of baseless hysterical panic just for the deal to actually now be closer to being announced. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.