Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you've missed the point again!

Pogba was supposed to be the 'all singing all dancing' answer to our mid field prayer, but we still needed both Fred and McT on many occasions, despite their talents (and salaries) being considered way less than Pogba's... just to grind out some results.

Don't you think that with all the hype that's going on, over the 'extraordinary' talents of this player added to by FDJ's own "I don't really want to leave Barca" wimping, that if he doesn't hit the ground running there will be tears before bedtime in many United fans homes.

Alan Shearer once described becoming a United player was akin to living in a goldfish bowl, (and that's why he didn't) and with all the 'dog's breakfast' going on at OT at the moment it will also be a 'pressure cooker' as well.
Will FDJ's arrival be hailed as the second, or third or fourth coming of a our 'saviour' and does he know what he's in for if he doesn't perform?
You’re adding zero to the debate in fairness, as I say, all signings can fail. It doesn’t matter if they are desperate to come, or a bit indifferent. Veron, or a van Nistelrooy, or a Robson, or a Lukaku, or a Sancho.

You’re adding zero to the debate aside from negativity. Everyone knows a signing can be shit, meh or crap and your insights as to why, mean jack shit. Pogba was hailed, desperate to come back and still ultimately failed. Sanchez never wanted to leave Barça, but was excellent at Arsenal. Same with Robben, Sneijder, Özil.

Hazard another who desperately wanted a move, like Hleb but was utter shite.
That’s the funny thing with transfers, you never know. On paper though, FDJ and ETH together again, in our weakest idea, has an incredible amount of positives and little negatives. If you want to focus on the negatives, before he’s even kicked a ball for us, go crazy.

Last edited:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
He's an oddball. Sometimes has an interesting point of view on things but when the chips are down he'll always pick the "grumpy old bollocks" end of the spectrum and stick firmly within the shit-smeared circle.
:lol:

It's like this, I notice, that when @Maticmaker gets excited he sometimes uses several sentence subclauses (and finds the time to use italics), and after a mammoth sentence with emphasis placed on the brackets one loses the gist of what he's trying to say, but I guess that's a spectrum kind of thing (which you already referred to!)

Last edited:

Hammondo

No shit.

But by the poster’s comments, you assume he only considers the current state of a club as a reason to sign for one over the other.
Which clearly is bollocks, Barca are a mess, but the majority of players would still pick them every day of the week over PsG.
Yea because psg have never been anything but a mess. Even now you have a higher chance of doing more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"Schhhooo they schhay you're selling Ronaldo this summer, your one good performer last year?"

"Where do i sign?"

bosskeano

Ronaldo leaving might actually be helpful simply b/c of the locker room issues as you know he's a strong presence but for FdJ.....ETH has been said that he wants to build the squad around FdJ which would be easier without ronaldo being in the squad

James35

I would not be surprised at all if this deal hits a snag after this news.

Imagine seeing a team so shite last season and then Pogba, Matic, Cavani, Ronaldo and several others leave along with the interim manager/consultant who let everyone know what a shambles the squad is

Whether we like it or not, top players do have ambition to win major honours, this club has clearly shown its very far away from doing so.

cyberman

To think a month ago loads of posters thought this'd be done within days.
Never learn.
I still think it’ll happen but I called this. Stretched out until they get their mortgaged money then pretend none of this was in the works.
Why would anybody believe these presidents? They’re forever playing to a gallery

laughtersassassin

Barca just said they are keeping.

We are absolutely fecked next season.

Our team is like 10 times worse than this time last year. We are keeping all the shit players because they go nowhere better to go

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I still think it’ll happen but I called this. Stretched out until they get their mortgaged money then pretend none of this was in the works.
Why would anybody believe these presidents? They’re forever playing to a gallery
Always the risk when trying to deal with big clubs.

The noises do not sound good now.

5 weeks from the first game, we're probably going to have to try and block Ronaldo leaving, and hope he doesn't sulk too much

Irwin99

Really hope he settles in England and adapts to the premier league quickly if/when he comes here. Could be pivotal to our season that he does.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No they didnt. Try reading again.
Not for sale. Will try everything to stop him leaving.
Player doesn't want to leave.

I know it's all a phoney war, but I don't know where you're finding positives in those quotes?

AndySmith1990

Expecting this to be wrapped up later next week. We're on the calm before the storm while they iron out the boring details

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really hope he settles in England and adapts to the premier league quickly if/when he comes here. Could be pivotal to our season that he does.
Read up fella, it doesn't sound like it's happening at all.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Why the feck is everyone having a meltdown? Nowhere in that does it say FDJ is staying :lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
What exactly do people expect him to say in that situation?

So if Frenkie stays, where is the Lewa and Raphina money coming from? Some people thrive on negative news it seems

NLunited

Ronaldo leaving would be bad indeed. I think he could be very good under Ten Hag because he has very good hold up play, besides being an amazing finisher.

Basically he has a lot of skills that Ten Hag can make use of in the tactical setups of the team.

He is not really declining that much yet, except for raw speed that is not really needed. Haller and Lewandowski aren‘t fast.

If he goes, it should bring in a big sum that then can be used for long-term strengthening the team. Whether we can replace the goals remains to be seen.

I hope he stays.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well they said they want to keep and he wants to stay so that's close enough
No it isnt. In an ideal world they want to keep him. They've said this since the beginnings.

Laporta goes on to mention salary being an issue. So hes quite clearly going to be off. Laporta is just saving face for a player on the way out who fans liked.

kps88

Could just be Laporta covering himself. Then when he leaves he can say "we wanted to keep him but he wasn't willing to lower his wages".

Status
Not open for further replies.