Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

God I hope we will never have to deal with that joke of a football club again. I disliked them before but this circus right now really is the icing on the cake.

Yakuza_devils

For all we know, maybe with all the Laporta's financial levers, he finally stumble upon something that can keep FDJ. Hence, he came out publicly to state that he will do everything to keep FDJ.

Either way we need this to conclude soon. We can't be waiting for FDJ and Barca to sort out themselves while we are waiting for answer without any deadline.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
For all we know, maybe with all the Laporta's financial levers, he finally stumble upon something that can keep FDJ. Hence, he came out publicly to state that he will do everything to keep FDJ.

Either way we need this to conclude soon. We can't be waiting for FDJ and Barca to sort out themselves while we are waiting for answer without any deadline.
I don't think you understand how fecked they are :lol:

Here's a visual representation

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

But why would you do everything possible to keep a player who you state doesn't want to leave the club?
That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Spaghetti

Mom's
We should give them an ultimatum. He’s not even that good. If it’s not done by Tuesday, we should tell them to stick it and look at other options.

nemanja15

Barcelona have asked Frenkie de Jong to stay with a substantially lowered salary. If not, he will move to United. Conversations are very advanced.

From a MARCA reporter. To me it seems like they're setting up FDJ as the bad guy for not staying on reduced money.

hobbers

Should have made a rule about not negotiating with Barca for any reason, same with Raiola.

Brophs

The One and Only
Barça has already transmitted it to him. Frenkie de Jong has two options: A drastic salary reduction or negotiating his new contract with Manchester United marca.com/futbol/barcelo… he tells you @Luis_F_Rojo
It seems fairly obvious to me that they’re pushing him out the door and trying to paint him as being at fault.

Isn’t FDJ still owed £6m or something from last season’s wage deferral? Together with the increased wage from season. Those things are entirely unrelated, I’m sure.

Yakuza_devils

But why would you do everything possible to keep a player who you state doesn't want to leave the club?
That makes absolutely no sense at all.
It was reported that they need to renegotiate the wages. Pay cut or deferred pay or something.

Laurencio

Didn't Laporta carry on like this throughout the Messi transfer too? Seems like a playbook at this point.

Berbaclass

It seems fairly obvious to me that they’re pushing him out the door and trying to paint him as being at fault.

Isn’t FDJ still owed £6m or something from last season’s wage deferral? Together with the increased wage from season. Those things are entirely unrelated, I’m sure.
He's owed loads more as he took two years deferred salary. This will catch up with Barca this year as reported here.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Name them
Unfortunately my knowledge of football beyond Barça, United and other Premier League teams isn’t great. Frenkie isn’t even the best midfielder at Barcelona and the fans aren’t particularly bothered if he leaves. I’m sure for 85m we could get a good enough CM.

Rolaholic

"Difficult for him to accept"
So what happens when he accepts the paycut to stay at his 'dream' club and play CL football?

All that work for nothing compounded by losing Ronaldo would be a nightmare for this new regime to navigate

Berbaclass

Unfortunately my knowledge of football beyond Barça, United and other Premier League teams isn’t great. Frenkie isn’t even the best midfielder at Barcelona and the fans aren’t particularly bothered if he leaves. I’m sure for 85m we could get a good enough CM.
He is their best midfielder IMO but he is being played out of position.

DavelinaJolie

Barcelona have asked Frenkie de Jong to stay with a substantially lowered salary. If not, he will move to United. Conversations are very advanced.

From a MARCA reporter. To me it seems like they're setting up FDJ as the bad guy for not staying on reduced money.
At this point if he still loves Barcelona, good luck to him. And good luck to any other player going there.

UncleBob

He wants to stay at Barca. That much is pretty clear. If Barca weren't willing to sell he wouldn't give us the time of day.

Granted I'd say he's interested from the point of "if I have to leave" then it seems his preference is us. But no doubt he'd rather stay.
If Frenkie wasn't interested in joining we wouldn't be negotiating with them. If Barcelona wasn't a complete shambles of a club, trying to push players out so they can register new ones, then maybe it wouldn't have reached this point, but here we are. What is the problem?

AndySmith1990

"we have no intention of selling him" ...but he'll have to accept to play for peanuts if he stays

It's actually astonishing that there exists a club that is run even worse than United under Woodward

Crickus

I feel Barca and briefing the press about lowering De Jong wages so that when they sell him they can turn around to the fanbase and go " well we had to sell as he would not lower his wages for the club" . It looks good for Barca selling a top player . Its always political when Barca sell or buy a player

Berbaclass

Spanish press now coming out and making it seem like Frenkie it the one who is in the wrong if he leaves :rolleyes:

Like clockwork...

Yakuza_devils

I don't think you understand how fecked they are :lol:

Here's a visual representation

Well, I hope that they are really in deep financial mess and sell FDJ quickly.

But we all thought that this deal should be straight forward because Barca need to sell by 30 June. Now it seems not the case at all. Barca want FDJ to stay and FDJ himself want to stay.

Laporta still have some God knows what other financial levers in his sleeves.

Trex

Maybe Barca are waiting for De Jong to get back so they can tell him.
"ehh hemm, we appreciate you a lot here Frankie! But you know our financial situation, we can't afford your wages, here's a new deal with 75% deduction.....wait! wait! wait! Before you say anything United want you, they made an offer too good to overlook, but its up to you Frankie..new deal or United".

Stookie

Nurse bell end
This is a done dealio and the negative shite really does show peoples true colours.
I hope you’re right. But you can’t blame people for being a bit negative. It seems United can’t get signings over the line whilst watching the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Spurs and even Arsenal all add
Pogba?

Chairman Steve

You’d have to be certifiable to take a drastic pay cut in any job and keep going on as normal, regardless of whether you think it’s the land of milk and honey.

I‘m lucky to be in a good working role that I enjoy at the moment but if they told me to take a considerable pay cut, I’d laugh in their face, tell them to go feck themselves and start looking for a new role that second.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Such a wanker club, man.

Berbaclass

Well, I hope that they are really in deep financial mess and sell FDJ quickly.

But we all thought that this deal should be straight forward because Barca need to sell by 30 June. Now it seems not the case at all. Barca want FDJ to stay and FDJ himself want to stay.

Laporta still have some God knows what other financial levers in his sleeves.
That wasn't really the case. They were under pressure to raise significant funds by that date. Not necessarily from FDJ sale. They got their funds from the cash injection and now as we are seeing are in a better position to negotiate.

Laurencio

There is no way he's going to accept a drastically reduced wage when he has a standing offer that at least matches and probably exceeds his current wage.

Berbaclass

With Busquets, Pedro, Gavi, Kessie, Sergi, Nico even Riqui Puig, they have plenty in there. Frenkie hardly set the world alight at the Camp Nou.
Did you even read what I said? He's not playing in his most effective role so has been at times underwhelming. By no means has he been poor.

Berbaclass

There is no way he's going to accept a drastically reduced wage when he has a standing offer that at least matches and probably exceeds his current wage.
Not really, it's a bit of a unique scenario due to him deferring wages and now they are expected to pay him back. United aren't going to nor should they compensate him becasue Barca fecked their own finances.

He will get a very good offer from us I'm certain but not better than the astronomical amount he will get at Barca this year.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I would love him to stay and sue Barca for his money. Disgusting club asking everyone to play for free while twerking for Raphinha, B. Silva and Lewa...

Status
Not open for further replies.