Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StiffTackle

Doubt his woman would care about us beating Barca in some EL tie.
Barca might care though, having lost out on the CL money they kinda need every penny they can get out of the EL.

Getting knocked out might be enough to convince them to pay de Jong what he’s owed (now that the figure is smaller from him having received a higher salary this year) and sell him.

TheReligion

Abusive
Rubbish. He never wanted to leave regardless of whether they owed him or not. They wanted him gone but he sure as hell wasn't going to be bullied to go somewhere he had no interest in going to. Good riddance. Case is twice the player.
Why you lying bro?

RVN1991

Why you lying bro?
We've finally reached a level of respectability again, please let's not taint that by going for a bloke who wants absolutely nothing to do with this club and who btw has looked bang average as can be for club and country since he left Ajax.

Flexdegea

We've finally reached a level of respectability again, please let's not taint that by going for a bloke who wants absolutely nothing to do with this club and who btw has looked bang average as can be for club and country since he left Ajax.

Still lying it would seem :lol:

GoldanoGraham

Do not want to be linked with him again this summer - he is not the answer for us. Don’t want someone who doesn’t want to leave.

He’d have been a shadow of the impact that Casimero has had - and also certainly not the right mentality.

We move on…..

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Really struggled to even get involved this window... probably the huge amounts of Uni work i've had to do!
Still, no chance of this happening today haha. I'd still be surprised if it happened in the summer, but i hope it does.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He wouldn’t leave due to the wage issue and monies owed. He did not reject United nor was he opposed to the move.
Nowhere did anyone ever say he wasn't opposed to the move.

He only ever said he didn't want to leave Barca, nothing more, nothing less. Not once did he talk about United.

dinostar77

If ETH wants him and sees he as a key cog in his Utd machine, who are we to argue?

Frenkie is unlucky because a barcelona legend in busqutes plays in his favoured position. Also barcelona have possibily their next generation version of ineista and xavi in Gavi and Pedro.

If theres any chance of getting frenkie we should be all in, he would light up the PL, his ability to break a press and dribble though it would be amazing in a league where there are so many transitions during a match.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he is available we should have a free run at it? With Bellingham, Rice, Caicedo and Enzo on the market, there should be enough for everyone to sort out their midfield, unless Nathan at Chelsea decided to buy them all.

dinostar77

If he is available we should have a free run at it? With Bellingham, Rice, Caicedo and Enzo on the market, there should be enough for everyone to sort out their midfield, unless Nathan at Chelsea decided to buy them all.
Enzo looks like hes going to chelsea.

Bellingham will probably (my guess) end up at Real Madrid.

Rice according to the press gossip wants a move to arsenal.

Caicedo will be an expensive auction this summer and i cant see us taking part especially whem we need a elite no9.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Barca did literally everything they could to run him out :lol:
Except, you know, actually pay him the money that they owed him. Everything they did was to try to avoid paying that, and he (rightfully so) refused to let it get to him.

Why the hell would he leave all that money on the table? It was blatantly obvious that he was never going to leave if they didn't pay, and since that didn't happen he never had to actually make a decision. And in the meantime of course he was only going to publicly say that he wanted to stay at Barca, as they were even less likely to pay if their bullshit games seemed to be working. Meanwhile there were always plenty of rumours that he would be willing to leave if they did.

Was his preference to stay at Barca? Of course. But there's been plenty of players over the years, including high profile ones, who preferred to stay at a club but ultimately left. None of us know for sure what would have happened if Barca hadn't been such a morally bankrupt club and tried to financially screw him, and anyone saying they are certain is being ridiculous. What I would say is that ETH would have been one of the best people in the world to actually know, and the fact we kept trying to sign him for the entire window makes me lean towards him being willing to leave.

goalscholes

Enzo looks like hes going to chelsea.

Bellingham will probably (my guess) end up at Real Madrid.

Rice according to the press gossip wants a move to arsenal.

Caicedo will be an expensive auction this summer and i cant see us taking part especially whem we need a elite no9.
Will there be an expensive auction, given the above? Wouldn't we likely be competing with Liverpool (outside of the CL) and maybe Newcastle?

Erik the Red

I believe there is a game of chicken going on here, and we are all waiting to see who blinks first. United agreed a fee with Barcalevers, we agreed wages with FDJ, and we were waiting for Barca and FDJ to come to a compromise on the deferred wages, but neither side were willing to compromise. With each passing transfer window there are less deferred wages, and FDJ's value drops as his contract rolls off, so the deal should become easier. At some point, the reduction in FDJ's value should cover the remaining deferred wages, and hopefully we will be able to move forward at that point, assuming Chelsea don't offer £200m to Barca and £700k a week for 10 years to FDJ.

strandty

Please explain the post to us that are slow.
Someone asked her on Instagram when Frenkie is coming to Manchester, so she answered saying "23-2 I guess"...when Barca play United at OT. Pretty much all there is to it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Someone asked her on Instagram when Frenkie is coming to Manchester, so she answered saying "23-2 I guess"...when Barca play United at OT. Pretty much all there is to it.
Yep, and @NYAS has taken that truthful answer as confirmation that she hates Manchester as she didn’t say ‘his contract starts on 1 July 2023’.

And yes, I know you didn’t mean it literally!

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Really struggled to even get involved this window... probably the huge amounts of Uni work i've had to do!
Still, no chance of this happening today haha. I'd still be surprised if it happened in the summer, but i hope it does.
There's no chance we'll get him. Thanks to your slacking and "studying"

RopersReturn

One thing that is clear, Frenkie probably relishes the prospect of working with Ten Hag and know he’s wanted at Old Trafford.

NLunited

Can‘t get hung up on one player. Frenkie is a joy to watch but there are other players who can do the job.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Dang it. He's just so perfect for Eriksen position. His Gf though. I mean, what City of Barcelona can offer that Manchester can't?

tomaldinho1

That study is misleading. They took an average vitamin D level among the players, which was above average in Spain’s, but Iniesta dragged the level down by being basically translucent.
Seems counter intuitive but Iniesta (and paler people in general) will actually create much more vitamin D.

Source: I am a ginger and it pains me that our greatest gift (ridiculous vitamin D creation) exists at odds with our greatest weakness (sunburn). Shakes fist at sky and curses the gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.