Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

Didn't he recently put out that he wanted to stay at Barcelona for another decade? Can we move on to more achievable targets?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Our midfield needs even more energy and bite - I am not sure this guy is the right player for us. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Hughes35

Our midfield needs even more energy and bite - I am not sure this guy is the right player for us. Hope I'm wrong of course.
Have you ever seen him play? He plays with loads of energy and puts himself about.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Have you ever seen him play? He plays with loads of energy and puts himself about.
reckon I've been unlucky in that every time I watch him I barely notice him. Maybe that's his strength? Does all the work but largely goes unnoticed until he's not playing at it becomes obvious he's missing?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I lost the passion for this in the summer.

Frenkly my dear I don’t give a damn now.

OrcaFat

Surely we can’t go through this again. Is he even worth all the fuss?
Yes. And we must get a speed on if we’re going to exceed the post count of the last Frenkie thread.

stoinz

Please not again. ETH needs to move on. There are other options out there.

stoinz

The Enzo chap that just won the world cup seems quite good? Jude Bellingham? Amrabat from Morocco? Why are we fixated on him? Is there no one we can get to play the way we want? If this is true, isn't it a risk? That we can function as a football team unless we have niche players in specific roles. No thanks for Frenkie. There are more than one way to skin a cat. There are other midfielders out there.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The Enzo chap that just won the world cup seems quite good? Jude Bellingham? Amrabat from Morocco? Why are we fixated on him? Is there no one we can get to play the way we want? If this is true, isn't it a risk? That we can function as a football team unless we have niche players in specific roles. No thanks for Frenkie. There are more than one way to skin a cat. There are other midfielders out there.
Only Fernandez from that list has the potential to be truly world class mid in the future but I imagine he'll cost a bomb after this.

Amrabat would be a good economic option at the dm position but we already have casmiro to begin with, and Bellingham is outright over rated(even if he becomes as good as he's hyped to be he's not the profile of player we should be looking to sign)

Last edited:

stoinz

He did just that, the last time and other options came.

Frenkie will always be good news.
A motivated Frenkie that wants to join us, yes. But after this summer, I really think he doesn't wants to. So we should move on.

stoinz

Only Fernandez from that list has the potential to be truly world class mid in the future but I imagine he'll cost a bomb after this.

Amrabat would be a good economics option at the dm position but we already have casmiro to begin with, and Bellingham is outright over rated(even if he becomes as good as he's hyped to be he's not the profile of player we should be looking to sign)
Ya. Fernandez will be my muppet signing for Jan and summer window.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
A motivated Frenkie that wants to join us, yes. But after this summer, I really think he doesn't wants to. So we should move on.
Yes and we already moving on now by wanting Frenkie to join. Outcome will be a good trade off.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Enzo would be brilliant and it may even be argued that he'd be a better fit for us than De Jong. We'd have to pay an excessive amount for him & will face a fierce competition for his signing. Bellingham plays in a completely different role and the same monetary & competition issue as with Enzo apply times 2.

Signing Amrabat on the back of a World Cup performance would simply be a stupid thing to do, he's a 26 years old that plays for a mid-table Fiorentina side and he never before showed any potential to play for a top side. Can he sustain the level that he had shown over a few games in Qatar throughout the entire season? Theoretically, but it's highly unlikely.

mu4c_20le

I won't name 3 but I much prefer Enzo over FDJ. Much better defensively and better passer IMO. Going to be similar price.
Who says Enzo will even come here? Because we showed interest once? He's on top of the world now, with Barca and Madrid in his sights

Brophs

The One and Only
After last time, at least we know that no one will spend the summer hanging around in this thread behaving like absolute weirdos.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
After last time, at least we know that no one will spend the summer hanging around in this thread behaving like absolute weirdos.
Wanna bet? There's no footie I'm told so folks of the CAF won't have anything better to do than respond to threads

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Wouldn't be so sure of that... haha

In all seriousness, I don't see this happening, but i'm along for the ride

crossy1686

career ending
Cheap bunch of lads you've listed there considering we're skint. They're all available also? Do they even want to play for United or maybe the best players of the World Cup would like to hold out for an actual Champions League team or just generally a team that has their shit together?

SATA

Why are we doing this again when he has time and time again states that he doesn’t want to leave his current club?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Cheap bunch of lads you've listed there considering we're skint. They're all available also? Do they even want to play for United or maybe the best players of the World Cup would like to hold out for an actual Champions League team or just generally a team that has their shit together?
It's all contingent on how ambitious our new owners will be and how deep there pocket goes.

Our monetary potential is unrivaled and as sad as it will be add state backed owner and I've got no doubts that we will go out for every big name under the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.