Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

I can't see De Jong wanting to join us now when he didn't want to last season. Kessie looks like he will be sold too which makes more room for him.

De Jong/ Enzo/ Bellingham

We should be in for all 3 of them. Chelsea fecked the Enzo deal hopefully. Liverpool will feck the Bellingham deal if they don't qualify for the top 4 which is looking likely.

Enzo and Bellingham seem more available than De Jong so with the trajectory of our club now and with new owners incoming. I'd want the current management and the incoming owners to prioritise a statement signing of Enzo Fernandez or Jude Bellingham.

We look set for the top 4 at the moment so it's a good time to push for the players and agree personal terms etc.

Enzo is around £100m and Bellingham will probably be more than that but both are worth it for us to have them play in CM. Eriksen can still rotate and also fill in at number 10 too.

My hopes for next season....

De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia
Enzo/Bellingham Casemiro
Antony Fernandes Rashford
Oshimen

2nd team
Butland
AWB Lindelof New CB Shaw
Eriksen McTominay
Sancho Eriksen Garnacho
Martial

Sell
Maguire
Fred
If it was a choice between McTominay or Fred on who to keep and who to sell, I’d rather keep Fred and let McTominay leave.

Also that 2nd team has two Eriksen’s in it.

dinostar77

I can't see De Jong wanting to join us now when he didn't want to last season. Kessie looks like he will be sold too which makes more room for him.

De Jong/ Enzo/ Bellingham

We should be in for all 3 of them. Chelsea fecked the Enzo deal hopefully. Liverpool will feck the Bellingham deal if they don't qualify for the top 4 which is looking likely.

Enzo and Bellingham seem more available than De Jong so with the trajectory of our club now and with new owners incoming. I'd want the current management and the incoming owners to prioritise a statement signing of Enzo Fernandez or Jude Bellingham.

We look set for the top 4 at the moment so it's a good time to push for the players and agree personal terms etc.

Enzo is around £100m and Bellingham will probably be more than that but both are worth it for us to have them play in CM. Eriksen can still rotate and also fill in at number 10 too.

My hopes for next season....

De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia
Enzo/Bellingham Casemiro
Antony Fernandes Rashford
Oshimen

2nd team
Butland
AWB Lindelof New CB Shaw
Eriksen McTominay
Sancho Eriksen Garnacho
Martial

Sell
Maguire
Fred
We are financially limited in spending this summer due to new UEFA rules. So theres no chance of another £200mil window.

We will have to compromise somewhere. Personally i think ETH will spend big on a no9 and accept a compromise as cover for erikson and potentially at RB.

I dont see a enzo/bellingham/frenkie coming in.

Even if we got new state funded owners, the UEFA spending rules hamper us.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-must-sell-to-buy-summer-even-get-new-owners/

Teja

We are financially limited in spending this summer due to new UEFA rules. So theres no chance of another £200mil window.

We will have to compromise somewhere. Personally i think ETH will spend big on a no9 and accept a compromise as cover for erikson and potentially at RB.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-must-sell-to-buy-summer-even-get-new-owners/
I hold out hope that McT, Maguire leave and bring in atleast 60M from sales. But yeah a big money forward signing is what we should expect and anything else will be a bonus.

croadyman

I hold out hope that McT, Maguire leave and bring in atleast 60M from sales. But yeah a big money forward signing is what we should expect and anything else will be a bonus.
Yeah and we would right to focus funds there. I honestly believe we can find a progressive CM for reasonable price. Like others have said we could do with someone who is able to cover Casa too

dinostar77

Yeah and we would right to focus funds there. I honestly believe we can find a progressive CM for reasonable price. Like others have said we could do with someone who is able to cover Casa too
If any of leeds, leicester, wolves, west ham, southampton, everton went down. I could see us taking players off them.

dinostar77

Got any names in mind at all
Heres a few. Alot of them would be squad players to improve our strength in depth and allow the big purchase of a elite no9.

Leeds - Meisler
Leicester - Ndidi, Tielemans, Ricardo, Barnes
Wolves - Nunes, Neves, Semedo
West Ham - Rice
Southampton - ward prowse
Everton - DCL, Gordon.

TheReligion

Abusive
Heres a few. Alot of them would be squad players to improve our strength in depth and allow the big purchase of a elite no9.

Leeds - Meisler
Leicester - Ndidi, Tielemans, Ricardo, Barnes
Wolves - Nunes, Neves, Semedo
West Ham - Rice
Southampton - ward prowse
Everton - DCL, Gordon.
Not sure on a few of those. Especially Gordon, Semedo, Ricardo

DCL I liked but has been poor a while now

Matthew84!

Anyone who believes this tripe is just as silly as the person who wrote it, every team owes millions in transfers, that's how spreading the costs work. Also new owner can put their own money in or clear any debt, lots of ways around it, expect a new sponsorship too,

MrSingh2002

Interesting. Maybe we can sell to buy.

Perhaps that's why he's being so ruthless with AWB and Maguires playing time as he must see them as necessary sales to improve the squad in the summer.

Whoever bids the highest for Fred/McTominay could recoup a decent amount to go for a top CM.

Other than Maguire/Fred/McTominay there's not many we want to sell or can sell now, which is a good sign.

Gone are the days when fans wanted 70% of the squad sold/released.

We now need to sell decent squad players to get better players in. That's progress but tough decisions will need to be made by Ten Hag to get the 25 man squad he wants.

MrSingh2002

Out of those players the only ones I'd be interested in as a Casemiro backup or Eriksen replacement/rotation player would be Neves as the Casemiro backup and we sell Fred/McTominay.

None of the CMs in the list are better than Eriksen. The CM in the summer needs to be top drawer to make our midfield better now.

A midfield squad of Casemiro, Neves, Bellingham/Enzo, Eriksen and McTominay would be awesome and I don't think it's impossible if we get top 4 and maybe win a trophy to rubber stamp our improvement.

Sell Fred and Maguire for £30m each and it can help us get the CM starter, CB and CDM squad players that we need.

Ronaldo and Cavani wages gone should be enough to get the striker we need.

4 squad signings which includes 2 starters in the summer and we could be in business for expecting to challenge in the league and every trophy going.

dinostar77

Not sure on a few of those. Especially Gordon, Semedo, Ricardo

DCL I liked but has been poor a while now
Was thinking of a cheap attacking right back (backup for dalot) who contributes more than AWB going forwards.

Gasolin

Was thinking of a cheap attacking right back (backup for dalot) who contributes more than AWB going forwards.
AWB contributes plenty going forward, just look at his game now. Our priority is still the forward and the midfield.

AWB contributes plenty going forward, just look at his game now. Our priority is still the forward and the midfield.
AWB is playing well but he is one of the players we could well get 20-30m for. Sell him to Palace, or Wolves if they stay up and introduce Laird as the back up RB to Dalot. We need to make better use of our academy, either selling or progressing players to the first team.
If we can get £10m+ for Laird sell him instead.

croadyman

Out of those players the only ones I'd be interested in as a Casemiro backup or Eriksen replacement/rotation player would be Neves as the Casemiro backup and we sell Fred/McTominay.

None of the CMs in the list are better than Eriksen. The CM in the summer needs to be top drawer to make our midfield better now.

A midfield squad of Casemiro, Neves, Bellingham/Enzo, Eriksen and McTominay would be awesome and I don't think it's impossible if we get top 4 and maybe win a trophy to rubber stamp our improvement.

Sell Fred and Maguire for £30m each and it can help us get the CM starter, CB and CDM squad players that we need.

Ronaldo and Cavani wages gone should be enough to get the striker we need.

4 squad signings which includes 2 starters in the summer and we could be in business for expecting to challenge in the league and every trophy going.
Would sell McTominay instead of Fred but totally agree with the rest of it. Reckon Ward-Prowse would be useful addition if they went down and price wasn't too high

Highfather_24

Neither Bellingham or Enzo are a proper fit alongside Casemiro. FdJ is, his skillset is exactly what we need.

Mailo

Neither Bellingham or Enzo are a proper fit alongside Casemiro. FdJ is, his skillset is exactly what we need.
His profile of player is what we need. Someone who can carry the ball up the pitch under pressure, which we don't have now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His profile of player is what we need. Someone who can carry the ball up the pitch under pressure, which we don't have now.
Not many of that profile available unfortunately, someone like verrati could have been fantastic but I think he just extended his contract recently.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Why are we still discussing this guy who clearly will never play for United?! It’s sailed guys. It’s over, he doesn’t love us or ETH and never did! It was all lies and we lapped it up, myself included and are left with egg on our faces.

Mwooyo

Said it when we bought Anthony and will say it again...Manutd doesn't need Dejong specifically especially given that he doesn't want to come and the prices being quoted. There are so many cheaper alternatives and some of them are for free. They are not precisely like De Jong but can fill the void and make the role their own. Ruben Neves, tielemanns, Dahoud at Dortmund, Houasseem Auoar etc are all very valid options that will be free in the summer. We can literally sell Mctominay and Fred and still upgrade our midfield and spend zero in transfer fees. Manutd being hung up on specific players in the summer is the reason we paid 100m for Anthony. Anthony was a 35m to 40m player. In the summer, we could have gone for cheaper options e.g Olise at Crystal Palace or even raphinha who is now at Barca but we were hell-bent on Anthony. I really hope we move on from Dejong

Sparky Rhiwabon

Said it when we bought Anthony and will say it again...Manutd doesn't need Dejong specifically especially given that he doesn't want to come and the prices being quoted. There are so many cheaper alternatives and some of them are for free. They are not precisely like De Jong but can fill the void and make the role their own. Ruben Neves, tielemanns, Dahoud at Dortmund, Houasseem Auoar etc are all very valid options that will be free in the summer. We can literally sell Mctominay and Fred and still upgrade our midfield and spend zero in transfer fees. Manutd being hung up on specific players in the summer is the reason we paid 100m for Anthony. Anthony was a 35m to 40m player. In the summer, we could have gone for cheaper options e.g Olise at Crystal Palace or even raphinha who is now at Barca but we were hell-bent on Anthony. I really hope we move on from Dejong
Depends. If we are looking for better squad depth in midfield then the sort of options you’ve mentioned will give us that on the cheap, and improve on McTominay and Fred. But if you’re talking about a regular starter, along the lines of Casemiro, that will take our starting XI up a level, then you’re looking at the likes of Bellingham, De Jong or Enzo Fernandez and they don’t come cheap.

yamo123x

Would rather sign Declan Rice, proven premier league class, a natural leader and can play alongside Casemiro as very underrated going forward

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would rather sign Declan Rice, proven premier league class, a natural leader and can play alongside Casemiro as very underrated going forward
Rice cannot play with Casemiro. They are like for like. Doesn't matter if he is underrated going forward, he's not a playmaker in any way, he's a DM. Would be a horrible idea.

Mwooyo

Depends. If we are looking for better squad depth in midfield then the sort of options you’ve mentioned will give us that on the cheap, and improve on McTominay and Fred. But if you’re talking about a regular starter, along the lines of Casemiro, that will take our starting XI up a level, then you’re looking at the likes of Bellingham, De Jong or Enzo Fernandez and they don’t come cheap.
Nope...I don't agree with this line of thought. These players would literally start ahead of even someone like Eriksen. In addition, the core problem we have is our backups in midfield are not good at all...so yes we definitely need to upgrade them, and we can upgrade them for free. It's a no-brainer for me. We are not at the point where we should spend crazy money on midfield players. Let's spend the crazy money on a top-class striker, winger, and a top-class GK (Yes, De Gea has got to be replaced too). I actually think the biggest problem with manutd is the fixation on the expensive players. We need to be signing cheaper players....we need to become more like Bayern Munich rather than Chelsea. We just need a DOF that actually knows how to sport such opportunities and act swiftly

scottser

he wants arsenal, he'll get arsenal. his family is in london - it makes perfect sense to stay there.

croadyman

Why are we still discussing this guy who clearly will never play for United?! It’s sailed guys. It’s over, he doesn’t love us or ETH and never did! It was all lies and we lapped it up, myself included and are left with egg on our faces.
Yeah he has played us like a fiddle,much as squad depth like Neves & Tielemans is useful we have to still find a starter CM to partner Casa

Mailo

Not many of that profile available unfortunately, someone like verrati could have been fantastic but I think he just extended his contract recently.
Yup. Not many of those players around, which is why we've been hunting him all of last summer, to our own detriment, monetarily speaking.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It would be epic if we signed him, even just to see you battling your Yay-saying till you finally give in
It would be something along the lines of the bomb disposal robot suicide in the Simpson movie.
TBF if he signs I’d be delighted, I just don’t see it given how last summer panned out and that we need a striker on a limited budget.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It would be something along the lines of the bomb disposal robot suicide in the Simpson movie.
TBF if he signs I’d be delighted, I just don’t see it given how last summer panned out and that we need a striker on a limited budget.
70/30 we don't get him. It's possible we do, however. Admit it ;)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Really this guy again?

I mean, feck yes, I feel it, it's going to happen this time. Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.