Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

It would be something along the lines of the bomb disposal robot suicide in the Simpson movie.
TBF if he signs I’d be delighted, I just don’t see it given how last summer panned out and that we need a striker on a limited budget.
I did hear a little rumour that he has changed his mind and now would LOVE to come here. I might have been dreaming at the time.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If we go back in for this guy and we get him. Him and Casemiro in midfield would be so good to watch. Think they’ll complement each other so well. be a massive upgrade from the previous years.

NYAS

3.5 years left on his contract too. Can’t see it happening.

croadyman

Desperation after watching McTomminay and Eriksen have a mare in midfield. We desperately need some quality in the middle.
Yeah looking at yesterday we need to sign 3 midfielders this summer (CM,backup CDM & backup AM). The backups don't have to cost the earth it's about being shrewd

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah looking at yesterday we need to sign 3 midfielders this summer (CM,backup CDM & backup AM). The backups don't have to cost the earth it's about being shrewd
I think we’ve got to raid Ajax again, test De Jong’s resolve, maybe grab one of the lads walking out of Chelsea on a free (Jorginho or Kante), see if Dortmund are willing to flog one of theirs and maybe see if we can pry McGinn from Villa. We just can’t go anywhere with the lads starting who started yesterday. They should only play in cup games against lower opposition or if we’re 3-0 up.

croadyman

I think we’ve got to raid Ajax again, test De Jong’s resolve, maybe grab one of the lads walking out of Chelsea on a free (Jorginho or Kante), see if Dortmund are willing to flog one of theirs and maybe see if we can pry McGinn from Villa. We just can’t go anywhere with the lads starting who started yesterday. They should only play in cup games against lower opposition or if we’re 3-0 up.
Kovacic and would still take Tielemans?

croadyman

Yes, in an ideal world, but in reality we aren’t selling and replacing him this month. So I don’t get wasting energy and anger over it. The summer will be a different story.
We need 5 in the summer I would say which would be GK,CM,ST, backup CDM and backup CB/AM

crossy1686

career ending
Under current FFP restrictions we have to sell to sign anyway, so I'm hoping McTomminay and Maguire have some big money admirers waiting for the summer.

dinostar77

Under current FFP restrictions we have to sell to sign anyway, so I'm hoping McTomminay and Maguire have some big money admirers waiting for the summer.
Here lies the crux of our summer transfer window. We can all mention the big names and superstars, but we're gonna have to compromise this summer because of FFP.

A window where we sign: osihmen, frenkie de jong and kim min jae (for example) becomes one where we sign vlahovic (juventus), tielemans and jurren timber (ajax).

Its not ideal, but it might be where we end up. I suspect that we will go for our top targets for a no9 striker and a no8 centre midfielder. There may not be any budget left after that. We arent going to have another £200mil window this summer.

dinostar77

Would rather sign Declan Rice, proven premier league class, a natural leader and can play alongside Casemiro as very underrated going forward
He has his qualities but unlike frenkie, very few CMs have the ability to dribble through a press and turn it into a transition. Its what makes him such a unique midifielder and why ETH is so desperate to sign him. Barcelona arent using him as he should be used. For us alongside casemiro, he'd be sensational.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
He has his qualities but unlike frenkie, very few CMs have the ability to dribble through a press and turn it into a transition. Its what makes him such a unique midifielder and why ETH is so desperate to sign him. Barcelona arent using him as he should be used. For us alongside casemiro, he'd be sensational.
Actually, Frenkie has been our best midfielder recently and Xavi seems to of found a balance in midfield with Busquets-Frenkie pivot and Pedri in a more advanced role. I think he'll be un-transferable now but no thanks to our idiotic board.

OrcaFat

Would rather sign Declan Rice, proven premier league class, a natural leader and can play alongside Casemiro as very underrated going forward
I would massively prefer FDJ.

But I do rate Rice. He’s a very good no6 and a good no8. And he’s going to keep getting better. He’s too similar to Casemiro and the balance of the team would be off if they played together. If he stays at West Ham, I could see us signing him to replace Casemiro in three years but he’s not what we need now.

dinostar77

Actually, Frenkie has been our best midfielder recently and Xavi seems to of found a balance in midfield with Busquets-Frenkie pivot and Pedri in a more advanced role. I think he'll be un-transferable now but no thanks to our idiotic board.
Ive not seen barcelona this season. So will take your word for it. I think it would be madness to let him go even if busquets extends for another year.

dinostar77

I would massively prefer FDJ.

But I do rate Rice. He’s a very good no6 and a good no8. And he’s going to keep getting better. He’s too similar to Casemiro and the balance of the team would be off if they played together. If he stays at West Ham, I could see us signing him to replace Casemiro in three years but he’s not what we need now.
Agreed. If for example your fullbacks were hakimi and cancelo then rice/casemiro double pivot would make perfect sense to protect the CBs and plug the holes left by your attacking fullbacks. But we dont have full backs like that.

OrcaFat

Doesn’t surprise me. He’s good enough and clever enough to succeed anywhere. It’s also impressive that he knew that, even when it was not obvious to everyone else.

lex talionis

Not that there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of it happening, but we’d clearly want De Jong over Rice.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Problem is finding someone with same attributes
After fecking us around last summer it won't be De Jong, I'd be very wary of someone changing their mind for no apparent reason

croadyman

After fecking us around last summer it won't be De Jong, I'd be very wary of someone changing their mind for no apparent reason
Like Fernandez but has a big RC and have seen others say he is a very different profile CM

Status
Not open for further replies.