Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I'm confused by the court action thing. I don't have a subscription to the Athletic but how would any of that be De Jong's fault? Shouldn't the current Barcelona brain trust take this up with the former Barcelona brain trust who made that deal.

Maybe they're doing that.
They have said the evidence is against Bartomeu basically but FDJ and his entourage could be implicated too, I guess simply by agreeing and signing the contract. Seems bully tactics to get him to comply with their demands to be honest!

galcianuk

Chelsea don't need a new striker. They need someone who can actually get the ball to the attackers in dangerous areas. Wether it's Werner, Havertz, Sterling or Lukaku - they are not gonna score goals until someone can get them the ball in dangerous areas.

No one (other than maybe Kovacic) can progress the ball fast enough in the Chelsea midfield atm. That's why I feel these links are not just being made up. I think Chelsea are interested but they need the defense sorted first.

worldinmotion66

Seems they still want him to reduce his contract or leave.

I'm still confident that Barca will cave and give him his money., and he'll come here. No sane person on earth would want to stay there if much of what has been reported is true. Such a scummy club.

croadyman

Seems they still want him to reduce his contract or leave.

I'm still confident that Barca will cave and give him his money., and he'll come here. No sane person on earth would want to stay there if much of what has been reported is true. Such a scummy club.
Close to changing vote

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
How can Frenkie want to stay at the club that's treated him how they have this summer transfer window?
That's what I've been thinking throughout this whole saga. Unless the "I'm staying" stance is just a tactic employed by his agents to let Barca know he won't leave without his money.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That's what I've been thinking throughout this whole saga. Unless the "I'm staying" stance is just a tactic employed by his agents to let Barca know he won't leave without his money.
It could just be both. He won't leave unless he gets his move but also he doesn't want to leave.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think thats the general concensus at the moment.

If he says he wants to leave, Barca might use that against him and and make him forgoe his wages/bonuses etc as they'd see it as a transfer request so to speak. Though thats just what i think

peridigm

Most likely case and has been mentioned before he may be forfeiting loyalty monies if he were to start communicating with other clubs.

Wing Attack Plan R

They pursued someone who had 0 intention of coming to Manutd.

Its like going after a girl who doesn't want to be with you. Quite clear who the fool is here.
That’s what money is for. We are the disgusting, unkempt, slob at the brothel waving our cash under Frenkie’s nose. It was always going to be about money. The old joke: we have established what you are, now we’re simply negotiating a price.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I think thats the general concensus at the moment.

If he says he wants to leave, Barca might use that against him and and make him forgoe his wages/bonuses etc as they'd see it as a transfer request so to speak. Though thats just what i think
He will stay or go to Chelsea he is not coming here. He made a fool out of ETH and I think Ten Hag has come to realise it. Most on here still havent.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He doesn’t want to come. In the unlikely event he does, he probably will put the bare minimum effort in before deciding he wants to leave.

JSArsenal

They have said the evidence is against Bartomeu basically but FDJ and his entourage could be implicated too, I guess simply by agreeing and signing the contract. Seems bully tactics to get him to comply with their demands to be honest!
Hmm, from Barcelona's perspective, any actions regarding malfeasance should be taken against the former directors. Was FDJ and his team responsible for keeping Barcelona from signing a "bad" contract?

Moreso, even if it was illegal, isn't he still entitled to that money having performed under the terms of the contract?

Barcelona sounds like a mess.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He will stay or go to Chelsea he is not coming here. He made a fool out of ETH and I think Ten Hag has come to realise it. Most on here still havent.
Whilst United are still in, they obviously still believe there is a chance.

The problem is, de Jong hasn't said anything to anyone, so any story journos are getting they'll report as news. No matter what. We don't know whats real and whats not... all he's ever said is he wants to stay at Barca, nothing else at all

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hmm, from Barcelona's perspective, any actions regarding malfeasance should be taken against the former directors. Was FDJ and his team responsible for keeping Barcelona from signing a "bad" contract?

Moreso, even if it was illegal, isn't he still entitled to that money having performed under the terms of the contract?

Barcelona sounds like a mess.
From a legal perspective its 100% on Barca, FDJ can just get paid those wages as it's Barca as a institution that fecked up.

It's like if a company sells you a product by accidentally listing it at $1 instead of $1000 the company is liable not the consumer.

Ramshock

Whilst United are still in, they obviously still believe there is a chance.

The problem is, de Jong hasn't said anything to anyone, so any story journos are getting they'll report as news. No matter what. We don't know whats real and whats not... all he's ever said is he wants to stay at Barca, nothing else at all
How do you know he hasnt said anything? This has been going on for months and you reckon he hasnt said one fecking peep to any friends or team mates?

DevilRed

Nothings really changed.

Scum club Barca dont want to pay him off so he will leave. Frenkie will continue to call their bluff and publicly state he wants to stay.

If he stays there is nothing they can do but pay his wages. Hence now Barcelona moving onto the next scummy move and threatening legal action to annul his contract based on wild allegations of the previous regime.

Clearly Frankie has told them he won’t take another pay cut. Nor will Barca be able to register anyone if he stays.

Let’s see if that scum club actually come to a compromise with his agent on the deferred wages and we can finally put an end to the Saga.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Must have missed that report today
People enjoy being negative.

It's much easier to be negative than it is to be positive in all honesty, because it's so much easier to put out negative news than positive news.

How do you know he hasnt said anything? This has been going on for months and you reckon he hasnt said one fecking peep to any friends or team mates?
He probably has, but then i bet what he's said has been twisted and added to in order to create a good story.

His team mates probably say "I think he'll prefer to go to Chelsea due to CL" the reports will be "de Jong tells team mates he wants Chelsea move due to CL and will not move to United under any circumstance"

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Nothing today actually changes anything. If anything, it forces him further out of Barcelona.

The thing that worries me is Rabiot. I see him as an alternative, although Ornstein says otherwise, so who knows.

If we let De Jong go to Chelsea without a fight though, it’s a fecking nightmare

Gandalf

He hasn't said anything in public. I am sure he has spoken to his girlfriend and his agent for example but none of the quoted stories can be verified. I could easily say I bumped into him in the street and he told me he dreams of playing for United and can't wait to leave Barca, I can't prove he said it but I can claim it. Frenkie is keeping quiet and so the rumours continue.

croadyman

The thing that bothers me more than De Jong not coming, and he never was, is the loss of face for Ten Hag. He will be lampooned for this. He better get the performances up for the next few matches.
Yeah he is taking a massive L on this

Ramshock

People enjoy being negative.

It's much easier to be negative than it is to be positive in all honesty, because it's so much easier to put out negative news than positive news.

He probably has, but then i bet what he's said has been twisted and added to in order to create a good story.

His team mates probably say "I think he'll prefer to go to Chelsea due to CL" the reports will be "de Jong tells team mates he wants Chelsea move due to CL and will not move to United under any circumstance"
I am not negative I am realistic. I do not enjoy negativity but I have seen this shit happen far too many times, not to this level of circus but still, to not realise we are being used. If we were in the CL id be a lot more confident but the club and Ten Hags relationship with Frenkie Smugface are being used by him and his agent.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He hasn't said anything in public. I am sure he has spoken to his girlfriend and his agent for example but none of the quoted stories can be verified. I could easily say I bumped into him in the street and he told me he dreams of playing for United and can't wait to leave Barca, I can't prove he said it but I can claim it. Frenkie is keeping quiet and so the rumours continue.
Anyone could do it. I could say i went on holiday to Barca, saw him out and about and was told this and that etc.
Who can prove i didn't see him and he didn't say all that to me? Some journos will very likely report on it, regardless of whether it can be verified or not

Ramshock

He hasnt talked to any team mate past or present? Not one? Wise up

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
It could just be both. He won't leave unless he gets his move but also he doesn't want to leave.
But why would FDJ want to stay at this point after everything he's been put through by the club? Perhaps I'm just being naive but insisting on getting what you're owed is understandable, it's staying on where you're clearly not wanted and have been publicly humiliated, that's the part I don't get.

Unless he's got masochistic tendencies and enjoys being treated like dirt.

croadyman

Nothing today actually changes anything. If anything, it forces him further out of Barcelona.

The thing that worries me is Rabiot. I see him as an alternative, although Ornstein says otherwise, so who knows.

If we let De Jong go to Chelsea without a fight though, it’s a fecking nightmare
Yeah this is a rare occasion where Ornstein is wrong, he is definitely an alternative and boy that is underwhelming.

Silverman

If De Jong goes to Chelsea it's just another indicator that the gulf between us and the title challengers is getting bigger rather than smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.