Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

So we've put all of our other transfer plans on hold based on a little optimism ?

Does sound like us though tbh.

Loony BoB

So we've put all of our other transfer plans on hold based on a little optimism ?

Does sound like us though tbh.
I'm perfectly fine with us not signing anyone until 13th August has passed, on the chance that FDJ could happen. The other players should be fine waiting that long, too.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Insulting another member
"Growing realisation that Frenkie De Jong just does not want to join, Barca want De Jong to sign a new deal on reduced terms, expected his future will be sorted this week"

We got Glazered, this was a ploy wasn't it, so they didn't have to spend any money than necessary during those 12 weeks.

Genuinely can't come up with any other reasoning i just can't its too much incompetence we all knew this in June. It would also explain the panicking after the game as well, they didn't think the squad was this bad which is its own issue.
You forgotten to take your meds this morning? Do you hear any black helicopters hovering around?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The only thing I’m certain of in this whole saga is that Utd will not come out and brief they are no longer trying to sign FDJ. They are already getting some serious heat from fans, they’ll start a riot if they do that.

If he comes or not, they’ll continue to brief we’re still after him or just stay quiet.
Finally, somebody else acknowledges this. I'm pretty sure you argued against me many weeks ago though, when I said we definitely won't brief that we are walking away, and will instead sign alternatives.

At least we are now looking at doing that.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think we've accepted defeat in this. United know this isn't going to happen now, so the panic buying has begun

croadyman

I genuinely think SMS is instead of FDJ. Rabiot will be signed either way because he compliments both (whether people think he's any good or not is a different matter).
Wouldn't be my first choice partnership obviously but certainly better than current situation

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I genuinely think SMS is instead of FDJ. Rabiot will be signed either way because he compliments both (whether people think he's any good or not is a different matter).
he 100 percent is. We aren't spending 68 and him, and 85 on FDJ

Mainoldo

Chelsea Journo in positive Chelsea spin shocker.
He‘s Chelsea’s mouthpiece this summer and we all know the football world is using Todd like they used Woody. £90m Fofana deal pending.

Chief123

Finally, somebody else acknowledges this. I'm pretty sure you argued against me many weeks ago though, when I said we definitely won't brief that we are walking away, and will instead sign alternatives.

At least we are now looking at doing that.
Ey? I’ve never argued that we won’t brief it.

If Utd came out and briefed we have stopped pursuing FDJ, the amount of coverage and ridicule it would attract from all the media and fan channels, it would destroy any hope of Utd protecting their PR reputation. At this moment, the best they can do is keep briefing we are still interested while they try to panic buy a few more players in to soften the blow.

We’ll go into Deadline day with the hope it’s still on. We’ll have the turnip head from sky stood outside Spotify Camp Mortaged and then the deadline will slowly come to a painful end followed by a brief from Utd that we tried but Barca couldn’t resolve their complications but we are still open to buying him next summer.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
What is he then after he’s been on streams saying he gets information directly from the club. He is a Leicester City fan if that’s what you mean by not a Chelsea journo
He did have some inside scoop on Boehly and the takeover, as did Matt Law. But Ben Jacobs has never been a Chelsea journo

Mainoldo

If Utd came out and briefed we have stopped pursuing FDJ, the amount of coverage and ridicule it would attract from all the media and fan channels, it would destroy any hope of Utd protecting their PR reputation. At this moment, the best they can do is keep briefing we are still interested while they try to panic buy a few more players in to soften the blow.

We’ll go into Deadline day with the hope it’s still on. We’ll have the turnip head from sky stood outside Spotify Camp Mortaged and then the deadline will slowly come to a painful end followed by a brief from Utd that we tried but Barca couldn’t resolve their complications but we are still open to buying him next summer.
History shows this not to be true.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
But the 17m for FDJ isn't what he's due to earn, it's what he's already worked for.
By signing the new contract it actually is due to earn (even he already worked for it).
So the situation is very similar to Werner who accepted a lower salary to get his move back to Leipzig.

Mainoldo

He did have some inside scoop on Boehly and the takeover, as did Matt Law. But Ben Jacobs has never been a Chelsea journo
Did you miss the bit when I said he gets information directly from the club? All summer he’s been hot on every Chelsea news even there mistakes.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

My bad, I think it was Brownie and a few others that were convinced we would brief. I am with you on this, it'd be a PR disaster for the club.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
he 100 percent is. We aren't spending 68 and him, and 85 on FDJ
Wouldn't be so sure, we're linked with 35M rated Cody Gakpo this morning.

Arnautovic - 15M
Rabiot - 15M
Gakpo - 35M
SMS - 42M (the deal is €50M)

So way over £120M considering that's give or take a few mill £160M + De Jong it'll be 220M - Which is close to what Arnold said we had available.

Martinez £47M
Malacia - £20M
Eriksen - FREE

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You could argue that we're the most stable club from an organizational point of view between the three clubs. You could also question if that's a good thing, though
Indeed, we’re stable AF in that our owners are going nowhere

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’d rather see a vote on how sure the fan base is on him joining us.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Wouldn't be so sure, we're linked with 35M rated Cody Gakpo this morning.

Arnautovic - 15M
Rabiot - 15M
Gakpo - 35M
SMS - 42M (the deal is €50M)

So way over £120M considering that's give or take a few mill £160M + De Jong it'll be 220M - Which is close to what Arnold said we had available.

Martinez £47M
Malacia - £20M
Eriksen - FREE
I can say with 100% certainty that we won’t get SMS, FDJ and AR

Mmm-Qatarian

I'm now not particularly confident this one is going to materialize but as far as transfer news is concerned I've got to say Ben Jacobs seems to me to be a bit like Simon Jones. Just throws a lot out there and hopes some of it will stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.