Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He won’t leave till he gets the deferred payment. Then hopefully he’ll say feck you to barcelona. Or Barcelona wil be a powerhouse and he’ll forget all about it
His payments are part of his existing contract. So if hes paid then hes leaving. Barca wouldnt need to pay him any ‘deferred’ amount if he stayed.

Skills

Snitch
That's the issue that I have with that type of ownership, it highly relies on populism and we all know how people as a groups are a bit thick and shortsighted.
We know that by the state of modern politics. It would be a shit show.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It’s also so blatantly obvious that Frenkie’s agent has really screwed up. In agreeing to this deferred wage scenario, he clearly did not anticipate a situation where his client would be asked to leave the club. And is now digging his heels in to get his client and himself a payday. It was reported earlier in the window that Ali Dursan (I think is the agent) and Barca’s relationship is at a breaking point.

Frenkie and his agent obviously believe they still hold the Aces in this negotiation. Barca have to come to the table to offer to settle the wages and if they don’t , they can’t register their new players and have to pay him monster wages + bonuses from next year.
Yeah I can’t see him accepting the wage reduction either because it means that the already deferred €17m will also be sacrificed, on top of whatever will be cut from “future” earnings on his initial agreement.

Gandalf

You are missing the point though. The only sure way to not reduce his wage and also get his 17m is by not leaving Barcelona until the end of his contract and not renegotiate his current deal. Unless Barcelona are willing to pay what they owe him, the most logical outcome is for De Jong to stay at Barcelona.
But that is to ignore the clear statement from Barca that he must take a pay cut or leave. Of course he can dig his heels in but that will end very badly for all parties.

The simplest way is to look at the Math

Frenkie fee is 85M and wages for next 4 years come in at 90M so total sum of 175M. Barca owe him 17M in his opinion and he won't leave without it but they don't want to pay it and so are trying to force him out but what do you think they will do when the deadline approaches?

Barca can pay 17M, and still realize income and savings of 158M which they badly need to balance their books and meet FFP or they can be stubborn and be stuck with players they can't register and a wage bill they have explicitly stated they cannot afford. I would say the logical outcome is that if FDJ does not flinch Barca will pay him off because they really cannot afford not to.

Donut

What I think will happen is that all three sides will compromise - Frankie will take only a part of defferred wages owed (e.g. 10 million) which will be paid partly by us and partly by Barcelona.

NLunited

Someone may know better, but I think on top of the deferred wages there is a huge loyalty bonus.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Is it actually possible for him to stay on his current contract and Barcelona able to reconcile this with registering their new signings for La Liga? I don’t think this is a possibility, is it? Or do they have more dodgy levers they can pull to arrange this?
I don't know if they can fix the situation without de Jong agreeing to a transfer or a new contract.
If not, the situation could get very ugly. Depending or not, if they can simply leave him out of the squad registration without any consequences if he says no to both the pay cut and the transfer.

Can they pull an extra lever ?
Can they send few players on loans to balance the books ?

The agents of players like Lewandowski, Raphina, Kessie, ect would stupid not to have gotten guarantees from Barcelona that they have all the cards in their hands about their registration in their LaLiga squad.
Or those players do have a clause that they can walk for free if they are not registered, which would be really silly from Barcelona

lex talionis

Mates, this is pretty straightforward. Frenkie will either stay with Barcelona or join United.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But that is to ignore the clear statement from Barca that he must take a pay cut or leave. Of course he can dig his heels in but that will end very badly for all parties.

The simplest way is to look at the Math

Frenkie fee is 85M and wages for next 4 years come in at 90M so total sum of 175M. Barca owe him 17M in his opinion and he won't leave without it but they don't want to pay it and so are trying to force him out but what do you think they will do when the deadline approaches?

Barca can pay 17M, and still realize income and savings of 158M which they badly need to balance their books and meet FFP or they can be stubborn and be stuck with players they can't register and a wage bill they have explicitly stated they cannot afford. I would say the logical outcome is that if FDJ does not flinch Barca will pay him off because they really cannot afford not to.
There is more than one logical outcome and that's why I said that the most logical outcome is for him to stay because it's the outcome that he 100% control and guarantees that he gets his money. What is not logical is to claim that him staying isn't a logical outcome.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Barca have bought far too many players on big wages to be able to afford not to sell him AND keep him going if he refuses a wage cut. If they get him to agree to signing the new contract (which I cant see if he has to forgo his deferred wages) then its over as far as were concerned, if he refuses they pay him off his deferred wages and they bank the fee in the hope that they can meet ffp regulations in LaLiga.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So join United then, there’s no way he takes a pay cut to be benched and if he stays on his wage Barca are in big trouble which they won’t allow. He will come.
He could perhaps stay and not take a paycut

Gandalf

There is more than one logical outcome and that's why I said that the most logical outcome is for him to stay because it's the outcome that he 100% control and guarantees that he gets his money. What is not logical is to claim that him staying isn't a logical outcome.
When Barca have stated he cannot stay at his current salary. Do you really believe this ends with him staying? We know he wants his money and when the easiest way for him to get his money and for Barcelona to resolve their issues is to pay him off that is surely the most logical outcome. If Barca could afford to keep him and register all their new players then sure but they have openly admitted they can't and I can not believe they would turn down a real net profit of 158M over 17M in deferred wages, particularly for a player they don't even have a role for.

JPRouve

Scout
When Barca have stated he cannot stay at his current salary. Do you really believe this ends with him staying? We know he wants his money and when the easiest way for him to get his money and for Barcelona to resolve their issues is to pay him off that is surely the most logical outcome. If Barca could afford to keep him and register all their new players then sure but they have openly admitted they can't and I can not believe they would turn down a real net profit of 158M over 17M in deferred wages, particularly for a player they don't even have a role for.
Barcelona have no control of that, De Jong does.

MUFC OK

How long since the last meaningful update, feels like its been about 2 weeks :lol: This one's dead in the water.

Crickus

I think we should of moved on two weeks ago. I want players that want to play Utd. De Jong does not want to play here and we should make Barcelona suffer aswell. Lets move on the Tielemans or Neves. Both players we know would improve us and have played and stared in the Premiership

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Exactly. Barca are bent over a barrel, FDJ can either say im not moving or reducing my salary and Barca can’t do much. I do think there will be a compromise in the end and that FDJ will be our latest shiny toy :)

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So now he is 6th choice at both CB and CM. He must be insane to take a pay cut. Its why i believe all these noises that he doesn’t want to move is to cover Barcelona actions of not wanting to pay what they owe to him. No English journalist or Dutch journalist have said what Spanish journalist have been saying.

Longshanks

Nothing has changed in the blinking contest, very much in a holding pattern waiting to see what Barca do. F.D.J has clearly drawn his line in the sand, he will not take a paycut nor will he leave without being payed what he is owed, or at least some form of compensation/loyalty bonus.

As has been talked about since the start of the saga barca desperately need to get his wages of the bill to be able to register new players and be within la Liga's FFP scheme. But to do that they are going to have to pay him what he wants. If they don't F.D.J will just stay on his current contract and continue to be a Barca player no matter how badly they treat him. Certainly until his loyalty bonus kicks in and some of his deferred wages come back to him.

Quite clear that Barca want rid but don't want to be seen to be forcing him out for whatever reason, so there trying every trick in the book from making out he is greedy for not taking a paycut and playing him in a unfavoured posistion as a back up.

Either barca pay up and he likely leaves for us. Or Barca don't pay and he stays on his current contract leaving barca unable to register some of there new signings or having to take out there 'emergency' third lever.

Barca desperately playing hardball but de Jong is admirably playing hard ball back, its not a situation barca can win they Will have to take there medicine one way or another to solve it.

Gandalf

You seem to be missing the point.

Frenkie stays, he gets his money and Barca have a massive financial problem and cannot register players. In this scenario only the player wins, if you can call winning being stuck at a club where you are hated for stopping them from registering their new stars.

Frenkie leaves with a payoff, still gets his money and Barca resolve their issues. Now both sides win and can move on and Frenkie gets to play his preferred position at a club where he is wanted.

Now tell me which of the above is the most likely outcome?

JPRouve

Scout
Exactly. Barca are bent over a barrel, FDJ can either say im not moving or reducing my salary and Barca can’t do much. I do think there will be a compromise in the end and that FDJ will be our latest shiny toy :)
Yeah I expect a compromise at some point this window or during one of the following but for anyone to think that De Jong staying isn't logical or that anything Barcelona says outside of we are going to pay what we owe you makes sense then they are forfeiting a bit of logic. Barcelona entire mission is to not pay De Jong, De Jong's entire mission is to get paid what he is owed, only one of them can impose his current will and it's not Barcelona.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Been away for some pages. What's the word, muppets?
Its happening. Typical doom and gloom over few shit sources articles. This isnt a normal transfer and will take time. If FDJ didnt want to come, we would have walked away and briefed the likes of Ducker or Laurie

glasgow 21

I'm now at the stage of apathy. This is between FDJ and Barcelona at this moment in time i couldn't care less about both. I am fed up with the weeks of speculation regarding any of signings and until that changes at the top with better negotiators, nothing will change in the immediate future whether De jong joins or not.

croadyman

No matter what the rules and regulations say, I can absolutely guarantee you Barca will have Lewa and Raphina registered and playing for them.

It doesn’t matter what obstacle lays in front of them, Barca will use every corrupt unethical mindless goatfecking feckery to get out of any situation.
Oh yeah they will find a loophole that's going to allow them to register players

JPRouve

Scout
You seem to be missing the point.

Frenkie stays, he gets his money and Barca have a massive financial problem and cannot register players. In this scenario only the player wins, if you can call winning being stuck at a club where you are hated for stopping them from registering their new stars.

Frenkie leaves with a payoff, still gets his money and Barca resolve their issues. Now both sides win and can move on and Frenkie gets to play his preferred position at a club where he is wanted.

Now tell me which of the above is the most likely outcome?
I'm not missing the point, I answered to a post claiming that it was ridiculous to suggest that De Jong staying was a reasonable outcome when it's in fact the only outcome guarantees him to get his money. At no point did I suggest that it was the most likely, I said that it was the most logical from his point of view which negates the idea that it's unreasonable or ridiculous.

There is more than one logical outcome.

JPRouve

Scout
Oh yeah they will find a loophole that's going to allow them to register players
They don't need a loophole, they can sell a couple of other player. De Jong simply happens to be the most convenient.

Gandalf

I don't know. They didn't last season and started out without being able to play Aguero and I think another of their signings and it was only yet more salary cuts and deferred wages that got them there after the first few weeks of the season. Frenkie is the most visible player in this but I imagine post COVID they are going to have a very hard time convincing anyone to take another pay cut for them this year after spending money on every available player with a pulse this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.