Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

ETH is morphing into Ole by the day praised Maguire saying he was a successful player then kept him as captain. The other day he was talking about the right players only joining United when the teams full of dross. We are no closer to signing FDJ after 3 months of speculation. Why is he insisting on getting this guy? It's ridiculous chasing someone who doesn't want to leave and then to make him the highest paid as well? He'll create another Pogba situation with malcontent group because of his wages. Beyond ridiculous. I hope ETH’s not another Glazer puppet in charge.
:lol: Sorry but I can just laugh at this.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
A proper DOF would have pulled the plug and got some alternative midfielders in. It's a disgrace that we are going into the season without midfield reinforcements, a few poor results in August could destroy our season and chances of getting back into the Champions League, never mind the loss of sponsorship because of another 'write off' season.
It’s amazing how many people write off Eriksen, not even acknowledging that he’s signed

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Since Gill's retirement, United's board have easily been the most clueless at getting transfers done efficiently and quickly. First window where they chased their tail endlessly and only ended up getting Felliani at HIGHER than his release clause didn't bode well. You'd think they'd get better by now but. nope. Bruno took 2 transfer windows, Sancho a full year and the De Jong saga is a complete farce.
Exactly. As we all know when Gill was around we swiftly signed the likes of Berbatov, Carrick or Van Persie and nothing strange happened with Tosic and Tevez.

Green Yellow Red

Some one please explain this to me. LaLiga rules state you need to generate 3 times as much revenue as you do expenses when you are over the debt limit of their rules. Lewendoski, Raphina and Kunde cost 150M, not including wages. Say 40M more there per year. Where is the 600M for this not to mention the other players they are trying to register. They certainly didn't get that with their tv and concessions sales.

So, let me say something positive :) Relax people, De Jong will come to Utd, once Barcelona are done sucking out the blood of the entire world media platform.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

TheLord

Some one please explain this to me. LaLiga rules state you need to generate 3 times as much revenue as you do expenses when you are over the debt limit of their rules. Lewendoski, Raphina and Kunde cost 150M, not including wages. Say 40M more there per year. Where is the 600M for this not to mention the other players they are trying to register. They certainly didn't get that with their tv and concessions sales.

So, let me say something positive :) Relax people, De Jong will come to Utd, once Barcelona are done sucking out the blood of the entire world media platform.
It hinges on the Fofana deal, I think. If Chelsea get Fofana, they will have surely blown their transfer budget.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I’m struggling boys. Need some kind of positive update tonight. I am howling at some in here thinking Harry Redknapp is some kind of ITK though :lol:
If what Redknapp said was true, I'd fully expect something from the club by now, or even for it to be reported elsewhere. Its big news and yet I've seen no one mention it

pogbasformerbarber

One of the more interesting pieces to the FDJ saga is there seems to be staggeringly little from his camp. Most of the sources seem like either leaks from us or Barca..and theres been almost nothing from his camp directly on the matter.

To me this means genuine indifference (not in a bad way). If you know either option is a possibility, then the last thing you want is to push too hard for one outcome publicly. Because of this I imagine he would like to stay...but is also equipped to leave if he needs to. If he was dead set on staying, he would surely be publicly proclaiming his love for Barca consistently. And if he was dead set against us...he would say it. He would say I would love to stay, but I certainly would need a CL team or a team in Germany if I ever left etc etc...a clear knock to us without proclaiming it directly.

This all points to a relatively pragmatic process behind the scenes, even if us muppets like to try and add multiple layers of intrigue. Barca has publicly said they want him to take a pay cut. He clearly doesn't want to and hasn't. We've heavily implied we have interest. So there's been some direct information.

Hes implied...nothing.

So I would imagine that means he's trying to work out staying...while also understanding what that would look like if he refuses to take a pay cut (clearly his preference). But, he also doesn't want to burn any bridges, and would likely be open to a move to us (and probably others too) if staying at Barca with his full salary becomes untenable. All of the Man Utd leaks proclaim confidence in him deciding to come if need be, so I doubt he's totally against it. So there it is...simple...largely unsexy. But seemingly fitting the timeline and scenario IMHO.

Reactions: Penna

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I’m struggling boys. Need some kind of positive update tonight. I am howling at some in here thinking Harry Redknapp is some kind of ITK though :lol:
Hold the line you fecking cnut.

- Shakespeare

If what Redknapp said was true, I'd fully expect something from the club by now, or even for it to be reported elsewhere. Its big news and yet I've seen no one mention it
The ‘Arry comments are just utterly bizarre however you look at it.
It appears almost nobody in the entire world knows what’s going on with his transfer, and if this was true, then not least his old manager, but Harry Redknapp knows?
Can’t shake the feeling he’s heard that senior person at United is worried about the Chelsea link and thinks he might be more interested in Chelsea as he also can’t understand the player delaying and not just taking whatever Barca offer, and Harry has just ran away with it.

phelans shorts

Because of literally everything that's happened in the last 2 months since we agreed a transfer fee.

And it doesn't matter whether he's put faith in what ETH has told him or not. If you're in charge of transfers it's your job to make sure you dont waste 3 months chasing someone who has no interest in playing for you.
This doesn’t make any sense. Even if De Jong doesn’t sign, that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have as your post suggests. It’s a fecking dumb point that I can see you’ve decided to double down on.

Counterfactual

" Kaye Adams a TV, radio presenter and journalist has been announced as our fourth contestant for Strictly 2022. "

Positive enough for you?

Now get back in line!

LordSpud

Arnold and Murtough going to Barcelona, the grin from Murtough, Erik's response today in the presser, the fact that the club has been so confident of it this summer - the fact is these thing all make me still confident in the transfer.

Every saga needs another club involved to make it interesting. Maybe not this one since the circus surrounding Barca is crazy enough but the other names needed to be thrown in really. I mean even the Bruno transfer had Spurs for a little while.

Yep, this one is happening.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

phelans shorts

It’s amazing how many people write off Eriksen, not even acknowledging that he’s signed
Even as a sceptic of Eriksen this has had me laughing. The same people ignoring his existence were a month ago telling me I was a moron for saying he’d be a backup number 10, now it looks they had a point and he’ll be deeper but that doesn’t fit their other narrative so he’s expunged from the history books.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
It hinges on the Fofana deal, I think. If Chelsea get Fofana, they will have surely blown their transfer budget.
Speaking of... how are Leciester repeatedly swindling teams for big money yet people keep going back for their players? :lol: From memory, the only player they've sold that's met expectations is Kante.

lex talionis

Among Frenkie's considerations has to be whether he believes United can ever again become a consistent CL-winning contender. That would argue against us, considering how far we have to go be a consistent CL participant, let alone become a CL trophy contender in the next 2-3 seasons. On the other hand, if he believes in ETH's project he may just go for it.

As wonderful as the weather is in Barcelona, the real action in world football now is in the EPL.

Alemar

Iqbal is what im thinking too and quietly praying for a shock start this weekend
Why shock start? He must start fully on merit - he was the second best CM during pre-season, only behind Fred - and then again Iqbal and Fred potentially can be effective, because Iqbal is more of a DPL

Real Name

Arnold and Murtough going to Barcelona, the grin from Murtough, Erik's response today in the presser, the fact that the club has been so confident of it this summer - the fact is these thing all make me still confident in the transfer.

Every saga needs another club involved to make it interesting. Maybe not this one since the circus surrounding Barca is crazy enough but the other names needed to be thrown in really. I mean even the Bruno transfer had Spurs for a little while.

What did ETH say today?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Speaking of... how are Leciester repeatedly swindling teams for big money yet people keep going back for their players? :lol: From memory, the only player they've sold that's met expectations is Kante.
Mahrez? Chilwell?

pogbasformerbarber

Agreed that there is a lot of life still. Barca has publicly proclaimed he needs to take a pay cut and played him at CB all preseason. Thats...not great for him. And every leak associated with us seems to show a level of confidence he would decide to come. That doesn't mean "he comes", but it means all of this crap about him not wanting to come is just noise.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

See. You all need to learn a lesson from Lord.... Spud.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The ‘Arry comments are just utterly bizarre however you look at it.
It appears almost nobody in the entire world knows what’s going on with his transfer, and if this was true, then not least his old manager, but Harry Redknapp knows?
Can’t shake the feeling he’s heard that senior person at United is worried about the Chelsea link and thinks he might be more interested in Chelsea as he also can’t understand the player delaying and not just taking whatever Barca offer, and Harry has just ran away with it.
Exactly, and for him to say "I know that for a fact" when absolutely no one else has reported anything in favour of any team is a bit odd.
I just also can't see someone spouting off to Harry when our own manager seems to think theres still a chance he'll come. Makes absolutely no sense at all for someone to tell Redknapp that he definitely wants to go to Chelsea, but then let our own manager believe we're still in with a chance so we won't withdraw our offer. If i was ten Hag and heard what Redknapp said, i'd be asking some bloody questions thats for sure, unless of course, he knows better, which i'm pretty sure he does

dutchred

Nah - if a new manager comes in and says - I want this player, and I can persuade him to come....why is that embarrassing for anyone else than the manager ? I think out scouting department knows everything about FDJ.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

The Bruno transfer had Barcelona enter into talks with Sporting and make a bid for him shortly before we wrapped it up

https://www.skysports.com/football/...rnandes-barcelona-make-bid-for-man-utd-target

It was that bid, if i remember correctly, that spurred us into paying what Sporting wanted and it was done shortly after

Marcus

Ok I am now sure he is coming because of Barca's extremely precarious financial situation and because players other than Frankie are also insisting to be paid. The plates are going to stop spinning soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.