Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavyJones

Supports
Chelsea
Truth be told...I think I'd rather he stayed at Barcelona and burned the place down than come to Chelsea. He'd be useful to us sure but not a super need at the moment. Unfortunately I think he'll take a pay cut if he stayed. Last post. Cheerio

I Am Zlatan

This seems to be confirmed?
Good! I hope they struggle and everything backfires on them, not only because of FDJ situation, but it’s because how they’re acting and conducting their business.. they really think they’re above everything.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Mitten’s update yesterday was pretty reassuring
Its also at odds with what Hirst says too. Hirst says its de Jong or no one. No backups, no one else at all.

Mitten says we have a list of plan B players should de Jong not come but its still 50/50. Who do we believe.

Also for such big news, why are all these Chelsea updates little throwaways in other articles? If de Jong has rejected United then after 80 odd days chasing him surely that's big news, not a little throwaway sentence?

TheReligion

Abusive
It's like putting all the ground work in for weeks with a girl you fancy, she friend zone's, then someone better looking comes in and sweeps her of her feet
You mean someone who lives in London, has parents that dislike you and has some tickets to a fancy concert she wants to go to?

You would tell the girl to feck herself.

Speako

No realism here, please... we're either muppets, lapsed muppets or muppets-in-training, none of whom need any pesky logic waffling around!
Apologies, I had a muppet free moment, won’t happen again!

Well La Liga have now confirmed he’s got to go, they’ve got 8 days, the clock is ticking, there’s only two teams left in the race, 100 yards to go, neck and neck, who will it be……

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This summer window has been so bad and humiliating that somebody needs to lose their job for this.

Like seriously we are already a laughing stock after last season and this summer has brought us down even further.

Clear as day that somebody isn't capable of doing their job and needs replacing.
I agree. You should hand in your notice first thing on Monday morning. Thanks for being so kind as to take a bullet for the rest of us on this one.

Because let’s face it, you losing your job will impact this coming season on the pitch as much as Murtough or Arnold going. And you can’t seriously be calling for the managers head because of a potentially fail transfer??!

E-mal

That would be a cnut thing to do from Frenkie if he gets to leave and ends up at Chelsea after allegedly giving his word to ETH.
Whatever be the case, it's time to move on from this.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I've just skipped four or so pages but I'm assuming that this is still 100% on?

city-puma

This seems to be confirmed?
even though FDJ finally joined us and they receive the transfer fee (arranged in installments), it’s not enough for them to register those many new players. They still need to find the fund somewhere.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We’ve apparently thrown in a fresh bid of over £70m in for Fofana and will bid again after this if it fails.

Anyone who thinks we’ll then also spend 80m on De Jong is mad.
I've always said that Chelsea fans are my favourite rival fans and you've proven that they're clearly highly intelligent.

LordSpud

Barcelona are an absolute disgrace to be fair. They publicly bullied Dembele into taking that pay cut just in order to stay which he took, and now due to their sheer stupidity he cannot currently even be registered to play. Disgraceful!

However, it seems its getting towards crunch time now in regards to registering these players. I expect some news fairly soon about Frenkie moving.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It's fun to just rip into posters with a different opinion, but I still wonder how many "muppets" are in actual fact, muppets.

Maybe most are just too feckin intimidated to speak their mind.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
We’ve apparently thrown in a fresh bid of over £70m in for Fofana and will bid again after this if it fails.

So you are saying we might get him by default?

If I could post gifs on my iPad I’d find that Homer quote “two sweetest words”

Acquire Me

To be fair, Chelsea have Champions League, London, money and are ahead of us on all levels right now. So, aside from ETH, why would he choose us at the moment? We’ve nobody else to blame for that predicament but ourselves (ie our owners, our staff, our players). Realistically, we shouldn’t be in a position this summer to attract the world’s best players, it’s sad but a true view of where we currently are. Hopefully that won’t be the case in a year’s time.
I give you that most you say are true. We have been shit for years. That said, we have done lots of changes from top to bottom now and we actually got a very interesting manager. This project combined with our history makes some difference imo. Chelsea without CL would not get anyone remotely interesting.

I am happy to stand behind Erik ten Hag and it’s going to be exciting as well.

Stinkypete

Lurking this thread since day 1, with the occasional post. Nowhere near the legend that is @Berbaclass however I will say this

All aboard the muppet train, Ten Hag is the conductor and the last stop is Frenkie. Choo Choo.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

Mainoldo

It’s quite funny they now have a deadline to register their new players and the player who can fetch the most value is telling you it’s Chelsea or he stays, Knowing Chelsea have yet to agree anything.

Would pretty much put the ball back in the players court when it comes to deferred wages.

Anustart89

Yeah your spending is already up to about 150m, hard to see it going up another 160 million quid in one window, especially with none of it going towards someone to replace what Lukaku should’ve been for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.