Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strootman's Finger

The smile on Ten Hag's face at the press conference when he said, "we want Frenkie" when asked about transfers, suggests he's pretty confident.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think you guys do barcelona favour by signing all the unregistered players instead of fdj. That will be great for all parties.

Strootman's Finger

Yeah your spending is already up to about 150m, hard to see it going up another 160 million quid in one window, especially with none of it going towards someone to replace what Lukaku should’ve been for you.
They were said to have 250 at their disposal

LordSpud

It's fun to just rip into posters with a different opinion, but I still wonder how many "muppets" are in actual fact, muppets.

Maybe most are just too feckin intimidated to speak their mind.
Look, at the end of the day all footballers care about is money. Thats the truth. Except for maybe Ronaldo who genuinely lays claim to being the best CL footballer out there and who wants to keep playing in the CL (which is fair enough) to keep extending all his records which probably wont be beaten... it will come down to who will pay Frenkie more money and as shown many many times before that will be us.

I genuinely cant see Chelsea a) dropping 250m+ in one window and b) paying Frenkie over 400k a week. I dont know what kind of wages they pay at Chelsea but damn sure its not silly money like us.

Also with point A I think Tuchel needs to step in and stop the incomings now. Too many in at once and it can be overwhelming to fit all the pieces together and keep them all happy.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
They were said to have 250 at their disposal
They've spent £150m and are banging in another £70m for Fofana and will go higher if needed. If they get him for say £75m that takes them to £225m and they still need a striker. Add in de Jong and a striker and they could be touching £350m spend easy

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Can you imagine the reaction in British media if this was United struggling to register players and neck deep in debt? Jamie Jackson and Neil Ashton would be foaming words onto their keyboards while Simon stone is asphyxiating himself with a belt.

Infra-red

The smile on Ten Hag's face at the press conference when he said, "we want Frenkie" when asked about transfers, suggests he's pretty confident.
He also winked at one point.

It could have been a blink, but I am 99% certain that it was a wink.

How much more proof do people need!

DevilRed

Hirst is not so reliable. Don't forget he also confirmed that FDJ would be done within a week back in June.

Relax. This one will play down to the wire as expected, but it will happen soon for us.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
Barcelona are about to activate the fourth economic lever and sell the remaining 24.5% of Barça Studios to TPG Luma Partners, owner of Cirque du Soleil. The club will get €100m. (via @relevo)

Maybe they won't have to sell FDJ at all.

Biggins

Is Chelsea signing two new elevens? Wherever I read some transfer news, Chelsea is there…

DevilRed

Barcelona are about to activate the fourth economic lever and sell the remaining 24.5% of Barça Studios to TPG Luma Partners, owner of Cirque du Soleil. The club will get €100m. (via @relevo)

You cant make this shite up :lol: :lol: :lol:

fecking clown show over at barcelona.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Seems appropriate. Laporta can be the big fat ringmaster when Barca go under.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Jamie Redknapp said the other week that Frenkie would be a great signing for us. Is it possible that he’s shouted something downstairs to his dad and he’s misheard him?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The sticking point of deferred wages for Barcelona is likely not just the huge amount of money involved. It probably also affects their ability to register all these players. E.g. can register Lewa and Raphinha but not Dembele if they pay up.

They can drum up "Chelsea interest" all they want but there's only one club that could panic into paying their bills.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

They still need fifty million after that so selling Frenkie remains the best option and our increased bid should allow them to cover the deferred wages, too. All the math is coming together.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
They've spent £150m and are banging in another £70m for Fofana and will go higher if needed. If they get him for say £75m that takes them to £225m and they still need a striker. Add in de Jong and a striker and they could be touching £350m spend easy
Any forward we bring in is almost surely going to be on the cheap. Like maybe Memphis. Or perhaps a loan.

city-puma

I've just skipped four or so pages but I'm assuming that this is still 100% on?
Same for most people. Come here to check every few hours. Shit! More than ten new pages. Goto the last page and quickly realize no real news. Then, repeat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They still need fifty million after that so selling Frenkie remains the best option and our increased bid should allow them to cover the deferred wages, too. All the math is coming together.
And they still need the same money next summer but without levers to push.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Any forward we bring in is almost surely going to be on the cheap. Like maybe Memphis. Or perhaps a loan.
Perhaps, but surely it would be more beneficial to Chelsea to get a quality striker in rather than yet another midfielder. Just seems really odd to me.

Plus it's the fact that all this de Jong to Chelsea news is literally a sentence added to another article, almost as if it's been added just as a passing mention

Status
Not open for further replies.