Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You can't possibly be this incompetent if you tried. United is seriously one of the worst businesses I've ever seen.

Because Barca want to bring in some bidding war. Blame for not finding a backup but not for this.

Hoof the ball

I got a "No memes in the FF" for 1 infraction point for meme'ing in the Arnatovic TF.

Sheeeeeiiiiiit. If they wanted easy point infractions they should have booked a suite at Hotel Frenkie right here in Meme City.

Strootman's Finger

I've finally reached the point I won't even be happy if we sign him. I just want this all to go away. feck Barcelona, feck Murtough, and feck Frenkie, I hope you fail miserably at Chelsea.

mctrials23

If nothing else this has been quite the rollercoaster. Could make it into a book with all the lies, cheating and what not. Classic transfer saga.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm in until Barcelona find a way to register their players.

All these latest developments don't solve that so change nothing really. Just more evidence of Barcelona trying to push him out, we'll see what happens come Friday

Chief123

The fact is Barcelona do not want to pay up, but in the end they will likey have to.

Also another club paying it has been explored and deemed to he potentially illegal
This is a myth. It’s extremely easy to circumnavigate. An increased “transfer fee” or signing on fee gets around the issue.

redIndianDevil

We the fans deserve what is happening to us. A majority of the fans are still pining for the old days of SAF. Blind devotion to anything the manager says and demands. If those are not met, the majority of the fanbase assumes the manager isn't backed. It's ridiculous that 40.7% believe that we should hang in there till ETH says. It utter stupidity. PL is getting more and more competitive these days and all our rivals have strengthened, signed players much earlier and are ready for this season. Here we are still pining after a midfielder who clearly has no intention of coming without his 17m or has no intention of ever playing for us. Instead of asking ETH to pick another target much earlier and integrate him the team, we have wasted the entire preseason and are looking like absolute fecking idiots. Pathetic.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This is a myth. It’s extremely easy to circumnavigate. An increased “transfer fee” or signing on fee gets around the issue.
No it doesn't because Barca have to pay it to him
Regarding sign on fee, it would be subject to UK tax, AND a signon fee has to be within some limits doesn't it?

TsuWave

I’m starting to develop a grudge against De Jong :lol: All these don’t want United/Manchester reports true or not are annoying. Feels like the guy is constantly shitting on United

Skip to my Lou

I heard that Barcas new contract offer, with way lower numbers also had a few other "perks"

One was that Frenkie had to give up the rights for his first born son. And during the name giving ceremony they had to name the boy: Frenkie Jr De Joan Lapjong.
In order to stay at Barca of course.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I’m starting to develop a grudge against De Jong :lol: All these don’t want United/Manchester reports true or not are annoying. Feels like the guy is constantly shitting on United
Considering he's not said anything to the media, we're just taking others words as the truth because that's all we have.

We'll know sooner or later what's true and what's not

Chief123

No it doesn't because Barca have to pay it to him
Regarding sign on fee, it would be subject to UK tax, AND a signon fee has to be within some limits doesn't it?
Dude, don’t be that naive. Of course Barca has to pay it him “legally”. But there is absolutely no law that stops Utd paying 17m more than the verbally agreed transfer fee. Utd can pay 200m if they wanted.

This nonsense about Utd can’t legally pay the owed wages is a myth. Technically it’s true. Practically it’s very easy to get past.

Biggins

The only thing left is for us to announce him as our new signing like Alpine did with Piastri :lol:

Cassidy

Dude, don’t be that naive. Of course Barca has to pay it him “legally”. But there is absolutely no law that stops Utd paying 17m more than the verbally agreed transfer fee. Utd can pay 200m if they wanted.

This nonsense about Utd can’t legally pay the owed wages is a myth. Technically it’s true. Practically it’s very easy to get past.
Again Barca would still have to pay it to him (which they don't seem like they want to do) or did you forget the transfer fee already increased from what was previously agreed to try and push this along?

Chief123

Again Barca would still have to pay it to him (which they don't seem like they want to do) or did you forget the transfer fee already increased from what was previously agreed to try and push this along?
Wow, how are you struggling to grasp this? :nervous:

The fee Utd agreed with Barca was weeks ago. Barca and Utd can easily agree to a higher transfer fee to cover the wages.

Utd put 17m extra into Barcas account for the transfer fee. Barca pay FDJ 17m.

It really isn’t that hard mate.

MF1138

And you trust Barcelona to pay him? I'd say it's 50/50 they just say that's the new fee and still say he isn't owed anything.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I fear we're going to have to do this the hard way - prove to the world that we are still a Champion's League club and not a toxic joke. Then we can expect world class players to come here again willingly, not booted out of their old club kicking and screaming.

Cassidy

Wow, how are you struggling to grasp this? :nervous:

The fee Utd agreed with Barca was weeks ago. Barca and Utd can easily agree to a higher transfer fee to cover the wages.

Utd put 17m extra into Barcas account for the transfer fee. Barca pay FDJ 17m.

It really isn’t that hard mate.
That is the part you seem to be missing, they don't want to do that, and it would be on their accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.