Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah this is a rare occasion where Ornstein is wrong, he is definitely an alternative and boy that is underwhelming.
So Ornstein is reliable until it's something you don't agree with? How do you know for certain that he's a de Jong alternative?
You can't prove that he is, as i can't prove that he isn't. We just wait and see, but chances are ten Hag just isn't happy with what he saw yesterday. Yes we've had friendlies, but when the pressure is on, McFred show their true colours, and they're fecking dull

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
But why would FDJ want to stay at this point after everything he's been put through by the club? Perhaps I'm just being naive but insisting on getting what you're owed is understandable, it's staying on where you're clearly not wanted and have been publicly humiliated, that's the part I don't get.

Unless he's got masochistic tendencies and enjoys being treated like dirt.
Why not?

Perhaps he's really not arsed about what the club do?

He's probably got a nice life in Barcelona and if he's not fazed by the politics and the press then why would he give that up?

People seem to think he's desperate to leave because he's been treated horribly in their opinion, what if he doesn't feel like he has?

OrcaFat

I’m at the stage where I don’t believe anything. Until we hear from our club or Frenkie-boy’s camp, I will keep hoping but, just through sheer exhaustion, the belief has ebbed away.

I hope nobody posts any more vids of Frenkie tearing it up because it’s breaking my heart to see a player that good and keep reading that he “clearly has no interest in joining Utd”. We agreed a fee and terms, goddammit!

Hammondo

That's what I've been thinking throughout this whole saga. Unless the "I'm staying" stance is just a tactic employed by his agents to let Barca know he won't leave without his money.
The fans love him, they play fantastic football, he fits the coach perfectly.

Suv666

Its kinda delusional holding onto this transfer. We aren't even in the conversation its between Barca and Chelsea.
Let it go muppets.
This is the end beautiful friend.

croadyman

Its kinda delusional holding onto this transfer. We aren't even in the conversation its between Barca and Chelsea.
Let it go muppets.
This is the end beautiful friend.
Hard to have any hope if he goes there

peridigm

And I still want Ana de Armas and Scarlett Johanson to double team my knob and bollox but those restraining orders aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Next headlines we will see...

Frenkie de Jong had to put former boss on ignore due to his persistent texting asking him when he's following him to Manchester United. Sources close to the player state Frenkie was feeling harrassed by his former Ajax manager. The two enjoyed an 18 month spell together at Ajax but the player insists it was not as friendly as previous reports were made to believe.

Someone

Something
Watch the club eventually briefing the press that we've been lied to etc.

I used to tell myself that there's no way we're still pushing for him without assurances that he'd join, but now I'm convinced that we do actually possess that level incompetence.

croadyman

Watch the club eventually briefing the press that we've been lied to etc.

I used to tell myself that there's no way we're still pushing for him without assurances that he'd join, but now I'm convinced that we do actually possess that level incompetence.
Yeah it's coming doom mongers you can finally brag I told you so to the rest

joedirt87

Sam from the ultra reliable Samstransfers posted that he will no longer cover United news, as he was provided fake news. shocking stuff.

Andersons Dietician

This has gotten to the point where if he doesn’t join us it’s gonna make ETH look like a clown. Just add to the circuits the club already looks.
If say he does leave and chooses Chelsea but of a dick move as I doubt we and ETH would have stuck it out this long without some sort of indication from FDJ. However if they have and Frenkie has never said I’ll come to them, then I’m convinced the manager of my local co-op vould do a better job running the club than what we currently have.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
this is just a piss take at this point
Thats a grim quote. Not just missing out on FDJ but Chelsea seen as the bigger club - no they are not. they have the 4th biggest support just in London FFS - theyve just been roided up on Russian lucre for 20 odd years.

croadyman

Thats a grim quote. Not just missing out on FDJ but Chelsea seen as the bigger club - no they are not. they have the 4th biggest support just in London FFS - theyve just been roided up on Russian lucre for 20 odd years.
I accepted it years ago

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They've also won the Champion's League two seasons ago. There's a whole generation of players growing up with clubs like Chelsea and City being seen as bigger clubs than Manchester United, and it's only going to continue until they turn their fortunes around and start being relevant for actual accomplishments instead of constant media ridicule.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
They've also won the Champion's League two seasons ago. There's a whole generation of players growing up with clubs like Chelsea and City being seen as bigger clubs than Manchester United, and it's only going to continue until they turn their fortunes around and start being relevant for actual accomplishments instead of constant media ridicule.
I think FDJ is old enough to know which is the biggest club. It's a bullshit quote

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chelsea a bigger club.
In a bleak time for united that made me laugh.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think FDJ is old enough to know which is the biggest club. It's a bullshit quote
I'm not talking about that quote, because it's clearly a troll job, I'm addressing the point that young players growing up don't care how the club got to where it's got, nor do they really care about the glorious past they saw nothing of.

Also, FDJ is not that old, I'm not really sure about that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kids, like actual little kids, maybe, but anyone older than 15 would know the reality. A twenty something involved in football like FDJ might see Chelsea as the more attractive club to sign for but it won’t be because he thinks Chelsea are a bigger club. It’s a moot point anyway, as he didn’t really say Chelsea are bigger than United.

croadyman

Yeah it'll be grim watching him at Chelsea. Hope he stays at Barca.

Fecking bigger club that Man Utd never thought I'd see this day.
Yeah I would take him staying over taunting us in a Chelsea shirt at least twice this season

Irrational.

This needs to be locked until TDD or we hear something of substance, not the horseshit being spouted by Sport and the Barca brown nosers.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I'm pretty sure this one is done and dusted, in that he won't be coming. Our desperate links to other midfielders, Rabiot and Guido, is a testament to that.

BuzzKillington

But why would FDJ want to stay at this point after everything he's been put through by the club? Perhaps I'm just being naive but insisting on getting what you're owed is understandable, it's staying on where you're clearly not wanted and have been publicly humiliated, that's the part I don't get.

Unless he's got masochistic tendencies and enjoys being treated like dirt.
I suspect his team mates probably privately support him and think he’s being hard done to by the club. Xavi probably privately supports him, certainly more than comes across in press conferences. From Frenkies point of view his issue is with Laporta and the senior management. How much actual day to day involvement is required of him with the senior management at Barca?

Weighed against an occasional uncomfortable lift ride with Laporta he’s balancing the fact he’s at his dream club, in his dream city, living his best life in his new massive house with his gorgeous girlfriend. He probably hopes this will all blow over and he can carry on, wouldn’t you?

Luckily for him he has a contract that says he can do it for the next 4/5 years regardless. We should have moved on as soon as the indications were that he wanted to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.