Television Friday Night Dinner - Paul Ritter (Martin Goodman) dies aged 54

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
New show that started last week. Simon Bird from the Inbetweeners stars in it. Anybody seen it? Just watched the first 2 episodes on 4OD and it was better than I expected it to be. Nothing great but a good comedy.

Sw33t

I thought it was quality.

Bit with his mums phone made me lol

jeston

It's getting a bit better as it goes along. First ep was shite, but they've steadily got a bit funnier. Tomorrows looks alright. The dad's very annoying though

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Yer man Simon Bird is most definitely basing himself on David Mitchell from Peep Show!

I watched The Inbetweeners for first time last nite - first two episodes on E4, and I thought it was quite funny. I'm a sucker for lots of swearing in tv shows & add to that - pretty decent scripts to boot...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah I enjoy this show. Good first episode. The bit where he covered the teddy in bread had me giggling like a girl for some reason.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Its back, I love it but the Jim character honestly is pointless and I hate it when he comes on. The family dynamics are much better without his annoying presence.

Acole9

Outstanding
Its back, I love it but the Jim character honestly is pointless and I hate it when he comes on. The family dynamics are much better without his annoying presence.
He's hilarious, one of the best characters on the show! It's just light hearted at the end of the day, not every character has to have reason.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
He's hilarious, one of the best characters on the show! It's just light hearted at the end of the day, not every character has to have reason.
I just don't see his point, I love Martin though.

alsabi

Agreed, though I'm biased as I've been a big fan of Mark Heap ever since Big Train and Spaced. I think he works best in the shorter cameos in this.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Thought the first episode of the new season was awful. That stupid woman with that laugh made me want to punch the TV. Second was OK, not watched the latest one yet.

Martin is the best character on the show.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought this was utter guff at first, basically just a bunch of people keep repeating phrases, repeating phrases, repeating phrases.

But have got into it now, pretty decent, roll on the next series

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
One season too many

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Only seen the first episode so far and I thought it was crap. Take it it doesn’t get any better?
Terrible. It’s basically sending itself up but they are too old for the brother banter humour.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
That's a shock - to me at least didn't realise he was ill. RIP

Smores

Ah that's awful news. Was a fan of the show and he was great.

No age at all.

CallyRed

Such sad news. Was great in Friday Night Dinner and Chernobyl.

No age to go.

RIP

Yagami

Good post resistant
I haven't watched this in years. I think I watched the first 2 seasons and did enjoy them. The dad was a fun character so it's sad to see that the actor has passed away. Rest in peace.

Castia

Aww that’s a real shame. I like the show and he was brilliant in it. Shit news that.

RIP

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Oh Martin

:(

Rest in peace.

Tiber

Such sad news. My partner and I loved him in Friday Night Dinner :( RIP

Shit on it :(

Acole9

Outstanding
Heard the news earlier, very sad indeed. Easily the best character in Friday Night Dinner. Oh shit on it.

R.I.P.

I’m really sad about this.

such a great actor, far too young.

I also feel bad about myself, because I’m terribly sad it means there won’t be any more Friday Night Dinner - when clearly this is of little consequence.