Friendly v Preston called off due to suspected covid cases | None within first team group

RedDevilRoshi

Text message received form the club that the game is cancelled. Refunds for match tickets now being processed

Rooney1987

I hope they can get another game to replace it, just 1 more pre season game before the season starts isn't great.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
fecking covid.

Ole’s first real test dealing with this adversity.

Nickelodeon

FFS. We need a minor preseason with our first teamers. Don’t want another season to start with a performance like last season’s opener.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Really hope they can arrange another game. Players need a pre season

Nero

So that leaves one pre-season friendly for the first team players. Could be in for a repeat of last years horror opener against Palace.

RedDevilRoshi

Wonder who the “small number” are?

I hope they organise a pre-season friendly in place of this game even if it’s behind closed doors.

choccy77

Given our pre season record so far, probably a good thing to avoid another failure to win.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don't see why we can't fit a game in on the Tuesday before the Leeds game.

Maybe they have already arranged a behind closed door game to have the starting 11 Vs Leeds get some minutes together without leaking the lineup.

Threesus

Given our pre season record so far, probably a good thing to avoid another failure to win.
Who cares about failure to win pre-season games? I am more worried about our fitness and rhythm going into the season. I would absolutely hate to get hammered by fecking Leeds.

Irwin99

Bit of a concern considering the last two seasons have been very slow starts. I know it's a marathon and not a sprint but it's unlucky so many of our players went so far in the Euros.

El Zoido

Players and staff have tested positive. Let’s hope for a full and quick recovery - clubs need to encourage their players to get vaccinated ASAP.
You can still get covid if you’ve been vaccinated, I know two people personally who have tested positive after receiving both shots.