Television Friends Reunion Confirmed | Irrelevant thread bump confirmed too

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Season 4 of Friends is god tier. Only Larry David shows can top it.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
It wasn't even the best american sitcom of the 90's, let alone all time best. It was amongst the most popular, undoubtedly, but not the best by any means.
Seinfeld aside, I can't think of much better than Friends.

Inb4 everyone says how shit Friends is and that they don't like it.
Boo them all.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think a lot more would admit to liking it if it wasn't cool to do so.

Member 39557

I think a lot more would admit to liking it if it wasn't cool to do so.
I enjoyed it at the time. I find it has very little rewatch value though, Whereas shows like Seinfeld, Frasier, South Park and The Simpsons can be equally enjoyable for me after several viewings. It's all subjective though I suppose.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I was stuck in a rainstorm on one of those god awful Spainish golf resorts that caters only to culturally challenged English people who think Tapas means an English breakfast in small separated portions this summer, with nothing but a Friends marathon to keep me company, so I had ample chance to reappraise it.

It's certainly worse than you remember, and very much a template for the kind of bland middle-road 'young' sitcom, but it's still considerably better than almost everything it influenced - like HIMYM and its ilk. The cast alone raise it above most things, and as disappointingly safe as it seems now, it was sporadically still laugh out load at times.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Soooo it's not actually going to be a new episode of friends?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Courtney Cox's face looks weird from the work she's had done.
So does Jennifer Aniston's. Dunno how they think that looks nice...

Anyway, this isn't a proper reunion. Clickbait titles on the caf, tut tut.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Every show is getting a reunion and every movie is getting a remake/sequel. And 90% of them are underwhelming.

Heardy

All 6 actprs and actresses confirmed but it might be logistically difficult to get them all in the room at the same time. Well that kind of defeats the object of it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I was stuck in a rainstorm on one of those god awful Spainish golf resorts that caters only to culturally challenged English people who think Tapas means an English breakfast in small separated portions this summer, with nothing but a Friends marathon to keep me company, so I had ample chance to reappraise it.

It's certainly worse than you remember, and very much a template for the kind of bland middle-road 'young' sitcom, but it's still considerably better than almost everything it influenced - like HIMYM and its ilk. The cast alone raise it above most things, and as disappointingly safe as it seems now, it was sporadically still laugh out load at times.
Probably also been hindered to an extent by the fact that it's so popular and had such a long run. Seasons 2-5 (if I remember correctly) were its strong point and it kind of tailored off after then a bit with some good episodes here and there. It's also on TV all the time, as in they seem to play at least 10 episodes on Comedy Central each day. It's good fun though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

You spelt "loud" wrong (unless you were intentionally channeling a Glaswegian as your spirit animal) and for that reason I ignore your opinion entirely and will continue to enjoy it on Comedy Central or whatever it's on and no matter what anybody says the funniest character was Phoebe, Chandler, Joey, Monica, Rachel, Ross, Joey, Chandler, Monica, Phoebe, Rachel, Ross.

Or maybe Rachel because she was hot and wasn't actually meant to have that sort of comedic timing.

Giggsy92

Great show, although I'm confused as to how what's described in the article constitutes a reunion.

Wittmann45

Frasier, for a start...
Friends was good, so was Frasier. But, looking back, the 90s seemed devoid of real, all time quality American sitcoms. There were great cartoons like South Park and the Simpsons, solid shows like Friends and Frasier and the Larry Sanders Show, and probably just one great sitcom in Seinfeld.

So maybe Friends was a great 90s sitcom, but not overall a great sitcom

Sylar

So a friends reunion that isnt a reunion? hmmm

Anyway, I loved friends. I do like watching random episodes that come on TV especially the earlier stuff. The later stuff, Ross was awesome.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I wouldn't call myself a big Friends fan but it's definitely something I can watch if nothing else is on, and still find it pretty funny and entertaining even though I have seen it before.

The thing with Friends is it is easy to watch it and look at all the cliches and stereotypes, but you have to remember that it was Friends that practically invented some of these things and lay down the formula for others to follow. There are still some great comedic moments.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I wouldn't call myself a big Friends fan but it's definitely something I can watch if nothing else is on, and still find it pretty funny and entertaining even though I have seen it before.

The thing with Friends is it is easy to watch it and look at all the cliches and stereotypes, but you have to remember that it was Friends that practically invented some of these things and lay down the formula for others to follow. There are still some great comedic moments.
True. Even though it's formula it's relatively basic, it's something that has probably been quite influential on a number of comedies that followed like that one about someone's mum and the American Office too to an extent, which kind of followed a similar path.

Full of cultural references too. "We were on a break", "How you doin'?", Central Perk, Jennifer Aniston in decent comedies before she went onto terrible ones, lots of 90's stuff, and all that.

kps88

This is a dream for headline writers. It's not an actual reunion show.

cyberman

Seinfeld laid the tracks that Friends followed...

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm confused about whats actually happening..

So it's going to be a new episode, but they're not all going to be together? If they're doing a new "reunion" episode, they NEED to have at least the final scene where they're all in the same room.

EDIT - I've just read that it's just a documentary about one of the directors. So they'll just be on it talking about him.. Not even appearing as the characters then?! That's absolutely shit.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm a fan, great show. Though the latter seasons were held together by Ross mainly.

Riz

Apologies for jumping the gun. No one seems to know in what capacity this reunion will be but I hope it isn't just a documentary.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If they do a reunion Gunther should be a random camera crew or audience member or something like that.

InfiniteBoredom

I'd love it if they do a special reunion episode and Janice Litman Goralnik née Hosenstein gets to sleep with Dr. Drake Ramoray :lol:.

And Rachel divorced Ross and get together with Gunther. That's justice served.

Zen

So they gonna Arrested Development it up eh?

Wheres my Sabrina reunion already?

Big Andy

Bloke
Someone worked out how many sexual partners they had throughout the 10 series, and it was off the charts in terms of numbers...

138 between them...