Television Friends Reunion Confirmed | Irrelevant thread bump confirmed too

Feels like they're snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. All they had to do was a nostalgia trip with the old cast and it was a guaranteed winner. A weird interview format with a bunch of random celebrities is going to be shit isn't it.

bsCallout

Friends is my guilty pleasure but that guest cast is pretty off-putting.

Adamsk7

They could have just written a really great two - three episode “where are they now” type of thing and left it there. Instead, this interview “spectacular” with some random guests is going to be absolute toilet. It’s not like they haven’t had many still popular celebrities on there that they could have called. It would have at least made some sense.
No Paul Rudd is a travesty.

They could have just written a really great two - three episode “where are they now” type of thing and left it there. Instead, this interview “spectacular” with random guests is going to be absolute toilet. It’s not like they haven’t had many still popular celebrities on there that they could have called. It would have at least made some sense.
just a bigger budget than when Channel 4 do a talking heads Show about a legacy programme.

loved friends, and it really was a phenomenon.

I might catch this at some point, but it’s not appealing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They could have just written a really great two - three episode “where are they now” type of thing and left it there. Instead, this interview “spectacular” with some random guests is going to be absolute toilet. It’s not like they haven’t had many still popular celebrities on there that they could have called. It would have at least made some sense.
It's going to be shit pandering which even the fans don't need. The celberities are going to make it such a silly affair.

Ladron de redcafe

It's going to be shit pandering which even the fans don't need. The celberities are going to make it such a silly affair.
I hope you're wrong but I suspect you're right. I'm not sure why Justin Bieber or David Beckham are going to be featured in a Friends reunion special. Bieber probably wasn't even alive when Friends first aired. I don't see why you'd vitiate what could be a really good TV special with celebrities that detract from its potential.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Used to love this show. Tried watching the first episode the other day. It's really not funny. Not at all.

Oggmonster

He really doesn’t does he.

anyone know if we’re going to be able to watch this in the UK?
The Fresh Prince one was on Sky on Demand so I imagine this will be the same.

It's kind of depressing to see those once beautiful people that were a cultural cornerstone of our youth in pop culture looking all old and melted.
Yeah Janice looks the best out of all of them. Joey looks like the fat Joey if he ended up getting with Monica.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I hope they've made the characters older too, not just being the same while looking older, that would be sad. I watched all this back in the day and rewatched it all with my daughter last year, it was still good, if a little dated. Sadly, while this could be very good if done well, I don't hold much hope out for this judging by what I've seen so far.

OleBoiii

So... Did the women age more gracefully than the lads or is it just botox?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I hope they've made the characters older too, not just being the same while looking older, that would be sad. I watched all this back in the day and rewatched it all with my daughter last year, it was still good, if a little dated. Sadly, while this could be very good if done well, I don't hold much hope out for this judging by what I've seen so far.
It's not an episode. It's just a re-union show with them talking about the show and getting back together. Seems they'll re-enact the quiz and stuff but they'll not be playing the characters

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What’s going on with the guy who played Chandler? He doesn’t look healthy or fit at all (not that the rest of them as very fit)
Struggled with alcohol and drugs addiction on and off, even when the show was still airing. That's why he'd look so different from season to season.

Think he even went bankrupt/homeless not that long ago.

iKnowNothing

Struggled with alcohol and drugs addiction on and off, even when the show was still airing. That's why he'd look so different from season to season.

They explains it then. Although I don’t think he was truly homeless. Bankrupt in the US is not a big deal. People who have declared bankruptcy, have gone on to become president of the country :lol:

Trequarista10

Matthew Perry (Chandler) has had a slurred voice for years due to his addiction problems. It's unsurprising he's only got one line in the trailer.

Amazingly his drug use started pretty earlier. He says he can't remember seasons 3-5 I think it is as he was using meth (I think?) at the time. Its the seasons where he's really skinny. He then balloons up in the later seasons.

cyberman

Dont they each earn 20m a year from royalties?