Frogba

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
McFruno still for me. We always get a reaction from Pogba when he's dropped but it doesn't last long.

Superden

Pogba only adds value to the team either in that attacking left sided role (where hes got to displace Rashford, Sancho et al) or as an AM instead of Bruno. other than nothing else works.

Back To Madeira

If Fred follows Pogba's trend and shows up on Sunday sporting the 'geek pie' hairstyle then I'm fully behind this pairing moving forward.

dal

Luxury player and needs to be sold, everyone got excited first game of the season but we must realise now he needs to be replaced with consistently good midfielder.

Noc-Z

ffs
Pogba has been unable to secure a spot in that(!) midfield and doesn't deserve one. He is cumbersome, slow, lethargic and doesn't have the engine, movement or drive. Safe to say I'm not a Pogba fan at all! Happy to see him leave so we can build a better midfield. Fred is dire too, but more effective more often. But he gives the ball away so much it's frustrating and isn't a CDM which is what we need badly as Matic is past it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
No midfield with Pogba will work against a team who press/play through the middle. How many more times over do people want to have to learn this? It has been obvious since the first season we signed him.

And no midfield with anyone will work when we play with a literal line of 4 forwards, which at the moment is the bigger problem as we are getting overrun game after game and Ole is too blind to see it

largelyworried

Don't think so. Pogba only works if the opposition sit back, give up midfield and focus on defending the box, like Newcastle did. Any team that has a plan to interrupt our midfield with pressing and/or numbers seem to have success when Pogba is in there. If we find this bastard son of Kante and Keano that people seem to imagine is out there that will solve all our midfield problems, then great, we can try him again. Until then, he's a luxury item in midfield.

tomaldinho1

I think our best midfield was the one in the second half last night… where Bruno dropped and we had a midfield three. Looked sweet.
Yep, forum has been crying out for it since last season. Bruno when on a leash is excellent for our shape and ability to build play, he will be less involved but his contributions generally in better areas & it saves us having to watch him with 20 long passes that go nowhere hoping 1 comes off. Give that man a classic 10 role positionally with his work rate and a system that isn't so direct and just let him torment teams.

Mc Van der Frog
McBeek actually has a nice ring to it

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I feel until Fronny and Fratic have been given a fair crack of the whip, the matter must remain open.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Fred's ability to facilitate decent combo names in midfield is one of his most underrated qualities. We're in serious shit if we sell him.

peridigm

Yep, forum has been crying out for it since last season. Bruno when on a leash is excellent for our shape and ability to build play, he will be less involved but his contributions generally in better areas & it saves us having to watch him with 20 long passes that go nowhere hoping 1 comes off. Give that man a classic 10 role positionally with his work rate and a system that isn't so direct and just let him torment teams.

McBeek actually has a nice ring to it
Sir Mc Van der Frog? No? okay, I'll get my coat.

tjb

Frogba works best for what .we have But there is a part of me that feels the 442 we used to employ really didn't prove itself to not work, at least on our end. It was free flowing, dominant, flexible and defensively solid as the lines were clear. I would love to see how Bruno would play in a two and I've always been of the belief that Greenwood is actually a second striker.

In terms of our midfield, I feel that Ole's insistence on playing it out of the back is actually hurting us a lot. He is not a possession coach and our team isn't built on producing precise accurate passes; yet with the way we are set up to play ( which is actually just a copy of some other teams) we are forced to focus on patient play,. We don't play direct enough and build up for too deep for the type of team that we actually are. Ole says he wants fast, attacking football; but the patient build up play forces us to look for accuracy and precision rather than moving teams across the pitch with pace and risk. The problem we have is our build up. Not just that our players are too slow in moving the ball, but that we are actually playing out of the back as often as we do.