Television From - TV Series | Season 2 final episode has aired, beware spoilers

atkar83

I've enjoyed the first couple of episodes of the second season. Its getting more and more into the Lost-esque mystery but hopefully they have explanations/answers for it going forward.

wr8_utd

:'(
Oo glad this is back. Was a super first season and hoping it picks up where it left off.

Big Andy

Bloke
Loads more questions, no answers. They'd better not Lost the shit out of this, and start drip feeding some answers.

Episode 3 was decent though.

Especially poor Kelly with the metal bar through her head

ArjenIsM3

Been a few of these types of shows lately (wayward pines, under the dome) but with those I just lost interest after a while. So is this any good or?

Big Andy

Bloke
Been a few of these types of shows lately (wayward pines, under the dome) but with those I just lost interest after a while. So is this any good or?
I really enjoyed Wayward Pines as I'd read the books, and Under the Dome started strongly but turned to utter shit with butterflies and some shit.

This is great (so far) but I hope it doesn't tie itself up in knots with all the mysteries.

atkar83

Another good episode, but its starting to do that thing where a character will bring something up, like
the wires not being connected below ground, Boyds forest trip, what that wife is seeing, etc
, but the other character will just change the subject even though the best thing for everyone would be information sharing so they can figure out whats going on. Better writers would correct that dialogue a bit.

And the annoying daughter and son characters are still annoying (Boyds son and the other couples daughter). I don't know why so many shows have flat liner characters like that.

Big Andy

Bloke
Another good episode, but its starting to do that thing where a character will bring something up, like
the wires not being connected below ground, Boyds forest trip, what that wife is seeing, etc
, but the other character will just change the subject even though the best thing for everyone would be information sharing so they can figure out whats going on. Better writers would correct that dialogue a bit.

And the annoying daughter and son characters are still annoying (Boyds son and the other couples daughter). I don't know why so many shows have flat liner characters like that.
Near enough every character in this programme is thick as feck, and/or has a death wish.

There was that virgin in the first season who opened the window for that hot vampire girl and she killed a load of people, then this season you have that Fatima this season wanting to go out at night even though she's been there a year and seen loads of people eaten, then the annoying daughter wanting to go out and stay with her dad, even though she knows they'll be eaten.

Hopefully that little lad will get eviscerated on screen and we can see the life drain from his dead little eyes, little Cromenogle wanker

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's really well done, likeable cast, pretty solid effects but...you just know there is simply no good 'answer' for what the f*ck is going on. The missus and I played a game of 'if this was the answer would you be satisfied' and couldn't come up with anything.

Too easy to ask questions, too hard to give answers. Then again, the writers must know the reputation Lost now has, so you'd hope they'd learned something.

That bit with Kelly has me fully on edge. Really incredibly well done. We all learned about the case of the guy with the rebarb in psych 101, but seeing it..ugh..visceral!

Big Andy

Bloke
So nothing really much happened in Episode 4 tbh.

I did find it interesting that the colony house woman explained a little about the talismans in that…

1. they have to be hung up
2. They don’t work if you hang it back up after a monster gets in
3. They don’t work if you hold them

sounds like a few people might’ve died testing these things out

Big Andy

Bloke
Another episode where nothing really happened tbh, that's 2 or 3 in this series now where it feels like filler episodes.

Those kids in the woods which come when you build that wooden puzzle are creepy as feck.

Also, Ethan is a little bitch, I hope he gets eaten soon

Big Andy

Bloke
Anyone still watching this?

It's picked up in the last couple of episodes, but my god the people in this town need to fecking talk to each other about shit that has happened or that they've seen.

You've got that Tabitha and Victor being inside the cave where the monsters sleep, didn't even tell her husband about that, you've got Boyd and his trip through the tree into the tower, didn't tell anyone for ages, you've got that JAde bloke seeing stuff and doesn't tell anyone.

Also, people happily exist in a town where you can't leave, have trees that teleport you, monsters who eat you if you go out at night, but don't believe that Sara hears voices telling her to kill people, or Boyd having worms in his blood.

I swear if they just talked then they'd actually start getting shit done.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It could go anywhere tbh, I hope they know how it all pans out and don't milk it like they did with Lost and end up with a load of stuff still not answered.
I hope they don’t cancel the series half way through or something

it’s like your man towed away from the lost island to end up as sheriff in this weirdo place. Poor guy must be in bits

Big Andy

Bloke
I hope they don’t cancel the series half way through or something

it’s like your man towed away from the lost island to end up as sheriff in this weirdo place. Poor guy must be in bits
It's already renewed for series 3 I believe. Hopefully they get enough warning to write an ending should it get potted.

wr8_utd

The second series had a lot to play with but they do seem to be wasting episodes a bit at this point and like someone mentioned, if only they'd actually speak to each other a bit, there's a lot more they could figure out.

Big Andy

Bloke
The second series had a lot to play with but they do seem to be wasting episodes a bit at this point and like someone mentioned, if only they'd actually speak to each other a bit, there's a lot more they could figure out.
Hopefully building to a big massive cliffhanger ending for the season, so would expect the last few episodes to kick on now. The 6th episode was decent.

Props to that guy who plays the smiley monster, he's creepy as feck.

lsd

The Oracle
It can't be the main people behind Lost surely involved in this as I know Harold Perrineau has serious issues against them which are ongoing.

Hopefully this will have a proper conclusion and they have a good idea of exactly what is happening here unlike Lost

wr8_utd

Anyone still watching this?

It's picked up in the last couple of episodes, but my god the people in this town need to fecking talk to each other about shit that has happened or that they've seen.

You've got that Tabitha and Victor being inside the cave where the monsters sleep, didn't even tell her husband about that, you've got Boyd and his trip through the tree into the tower, didn't tell anyone for ages, you've got that JAde bloke seeing stuff and doesn't tell anyone.

Also, people happily exist in a town where you can't leave, have trees that teleport you, monsters who eat you if you go out at night, but don't believe that Sara hears voices telling her to kill people, or Boyd having worms in his blood.

I swear if they just talked then they'd actually start getting shit done.
Boyd chose to speak in Episode 6 and no one believed him! :lol:
The entire bit with his blood killing the sleepwalking dead was interesting though. I just hope the townspeople actually discuss it and not just let it go and forget about it.

wr8_utd

That would be shite, but I can't see how they can explain and finish the series without some sort of cop out ending like lost's last season
I'll honestly just be happy if we get some sort of ending because I do get the feeling the show will end prematurely.

Big Andy

Bloke
Boyd chose to speak in Episode 6 and no one believed him! :lol:
The entire bit with his blood killing the sleepwalking dead was interesting though. I just hope the townspeople actually discuss it and not just let it go and forget about it.
They did it again in Episode 7.
"What tunnels?" I'd have come back fecking shouting "I'VE JUST BEEN IN THEIR feckING TUNNELS, THEY LIVE UNDER THE TOWN!!! Instead they just happily go about their business not telling anyone anything.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That would be shite, but I can't see how they can explain and finish the series without some sort of cop out ending like lost's last season
I'll honestly just be happy if we get some sort of ending because I do get the feeling the show will end prematurely.
Silently hoping for a bad ending in a classic doomer mood. Everyone dies, the town is a closed circuit, nobody gets out. Could be a decent horror, rather than Lost ending, which just would be indeed so unfitting for this story type.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I don't know why I'm watching this but I am. Started it with the missus but am just expecting it to go full Lost or get cancelled with no resolution at some point. Yes, half the characters are fecking annoying and don't talk to each other and it really drags when it veers into soap level melodrama between cast members rather than driving the plot forward.

My favourite thing is just watching the extras in the background walk around the town. Who are these people? What are they doing?

I'm enjoying the Dad's descent (is it Jim?) into full blown paranoia. He reminds me of a poor mans Paul Rudd, without the charm or humour.

Ahmer Baig

I watched episode 1 of the series last night. So so so many questions. How do people get daily supplies, rations etc? Where does electricity come from? As so many people have recommended it, I will continue to watch it.

Big Andy

Bloke
I watched episode 1 of the series last night. So so so many questions. How do people get daily supplies, rations etc? Where does electricity come from? As so many people have recommended it, I will continue to watch it.
Prepare yourself for more and more questions, and little in the way of answers, but deffo stick with it.

Ahmer Baig

Prepare yourself for more and more questions, and little in the way of answers, but deffo stick with it.
I am definitely sticking with it. I found the RV family so annoying specially the daughter, why is she so angry with the parents. Who is Thomas? Is he a son they lost or what? so many questions .... hahaha. I will have to finish season 1 as quickly as possible.

Big Andy

Bloke
I am definitely sticking with it. I found the RV family so annoying specially the daughter, why is she so angry with the parents. Who is Thomas? Is he a son they lost or what? so many questions .... hahaha. I will have to finish season 1 as quickly as possible.
The daughter is far less annoying than that little cnut Ethan. I think they lost a son, Thomas, when he was a couple of months old, yes.

Big Andy

Bloke
UK air date confirmed at last. July 26th on Sky Sci-fi.
IF you want to watch it all in one, I have a website that I use for all my US TV and film needs. Let me know and I'll PM it to you. It's ad-free as well.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
IF you want to watch it all in one, I have a website that I use for all my US TV and film needs. Let me know and I'll PM it to you. It's ad-free as well.
I do have a similar go-to but it is most definitely not ad-free. Hit me up please sir, thanks!

RedStarUnited

I loved Season 1 because I thought it was going somewhere but Season 2 just brought back all the negatives of Lost.

I have never seen a group of people stuck in a supremely bad situation (life or death) refuse to actually talk to each other. I cannot imagine being in a place like that and not spending most of my days trying to find ways to leave or at least understand whats going on.

The software engineer guy seemed to be keen to leave but is now stuck trying to understand the symbols.

They should be having daily meetings to discuss the town and creatures.

wr8_utd

I loved Season 1 because I thought it was going somewhere but Season 2 just brought back all the negatives of Lost.

I have never seen a group of people stuck in a supremely bad situation (life or death) refuse to actually talk to each other. I cannot imagine being in a place like that and not spending most of my days trying to find ways to leave or at least understand whats going on.

The software engineer guy seemed to be keen to leave but is now stuck trying to understand the symbols.

They should be having daily meetings to discuss the town and creatures.
They did it again in Episode 7.
"What tunnels?" I'd have come back fecking shouting "I'VE JUST BEEN IN THEIR feckING TUNNELS, THEY LIVE UNDER THE TOWN!!! Instead they just happily go about their business not telling anyone anything.
Only reason I can imagine for the continued lack of communication this season is

They're all demoralized after the whole stuff with the radio and they don't want to think about an escape anymore.