Fulham v Brentford, the £160 million match.

kirk buttercup

Wow this has been shit. I've switched to watching man utd v Liverpool from 2009 on sky sports 2. This is the match we lost 4-1 but feck me what a team we had!!

Rio, vidic, scholes, giggs, Rooney, ronaldo, tevez, berba
I was at that game. We had some team but got ripped apart that day

Anustart89

When did throat grabs stop being red cards? First Guendouzi, now Mitrovic.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Shocking GK he was getting more dodgy as the game went on

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Safe to say Brentford will be selling their goalie on Marketplace tomorrow.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That's pathetic goalkeeping. Leaves all that space to aim for.

marktan

Just read that Brentford doesn't have a youth academy, what the feck.
Read an interesting comment on reddit about it, regarding the different categories of academies and why Brentford doesn't have one. From memory from 2000 to like 2011 there was the 90 min rule for academies, which meant academies could only sign players that lived within 90 minutes of the club. That led to crap academies which so was scrapped, now there's different tiers of academies like United's which I'd assume would be tier 1. But the rules currently allow tier 1 academies to poach players from other academies for peanuts, the reddit comment gave some examples, which basically means that smaller clubs like Brentford can have their best talents poached, leaving them running academies that don't really benefit them. Especially being in London, with so many other academies for players to go to. So they instead focus on recruiting well from other leagues.

prateik

The Brentford keeper is a joke.. He was way out of position which led to the free kick.. then he was totally out of position for the free kick.

total disaster.

Smithy89

Are we all pretty certain West Brom and Fulham are both down next season :lol: again, as per.

BlackBen

Goalkeeper diving seconds later to make it look like he tried. Great goal , shocking goalkeeping .

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Read an interesting comment on reddit about it, regarding the different categories of academies and why Brentford doesn't have one. From memory from 2000 to like 2011 there was the 90 min rule for academies, which meant academies could only sign players that lived within 90 minutes of the club. That led to crap academies which so was scrapped, now there's different tiers of academies like United's which I'd assume would be tier 1. But the rules currently allow tier 1 academies to poach players from other academies for peanuts, the reddit comment gave some examples, which basically means that smaller clubs like Brentford can have their best talents poached, leaving them running academies that don't really benefit them. Especially being in London, with so many other academies for players to go to. So they instead focus on recruiting well from other leagues.
Cheers, that's interesting. Still feels a bit weird :D

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Terrible keeping by Raya, but surely this is the best goal in the history of the Play-off finals? With Dean Windass in 08 (?) a close second.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
£160m match decided through the dumbest goal of the year :wenger: