Kick-off
Sun, 13 November 2022 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gopher Brown

He’s fecking just turned 18 and they’re all fecking banging on about his unprofessionalism

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    Late , late smash and grab with the winner scored by a precocious talent in the best traditions of the club. Massive win! Massive 3 points.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
    I'm going to read this thread tomorrow and give out suitable taglines to highlight how shit you all are at being United fans.
    Good idea. Some are a disgrace on here and then have the brass neck to celebrate the win with the rest of us who supported the shirts

cyberman

Wouldn't surprise me.

Born in Madrid, played for atletico for 5 years. Has got Real or Barca written all over it. Could be wrong, he might stay like De Gea.
    Can’t see it, they don’t really sign the big players in their prime anymore. Not saying He’s in his prime but he may have went there if he came on for a French team and played like this and they expect to sell. We aren’t selling Garnacho unless he runs his contract down.
    Plus he has chosen Argentina over Spain so might not feel that connected to the country anyway

Nicolarra90

Oh shut up :lol: I'm sorry but you're talking utter bollocks. There was absolutely feck all to suggest we were going to 'concede a shit first half goal'.
    OK 1 game. OK I give you the 9-0. That's not the point. This was a 5-0(1) win game, and it wasn't because of our shit forwards and finishing in general and we won't win any game comfortably until we solve that.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    We should have won the game in the first half and wrapped it up.

Garnacho has to start games and ETH should understand this.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    Ah at this level match fitness is huge no?

Like he's a fragile fecker but most players take a while to get into the groove after injury?
    Yeah and you can look past the last 20mins but his freshness should have seen him be able to run more. He doesn't do it.

He's the best we have which is worrying as he doesn't cause enough trouble for oppo defenders.

Red00012

I'm going to read this thread tomorrow and give out suitable taglines to highlight how shit you all are at being United fans.
    Tag the guys who were writing Garnacho last Sunday there was quite a few

TheReligion

Abusive
    this club is absolute shit
    A grandstand finish awaits us.
    :lol: We truly are a joke of an outfit
    Got what we deserved, fecking garbage, team full of fecking spineless, dumb cnuts
    We deserve to lose and probably will. Fulham play better football than us. We’ll, 90% of the teams play better football than us.
    I see zero difference between Solskjaer and Ten Hag's teams.
    Last PL game we've had control was Ole 5-1 vs Cardiff
    Such a poor watch united. Like watching paint dry week in week out.
    We'd have been better off signing someone like Palhinha for less than £20m than spunking so much money on Casemiro who is finished. Someone who had no idea what these players cost would be shocked if you told him/her how much Casemiro cost and what he's earning as wages.
    What the hell, this team must have the lowest football intelligence in the league.
    we´re just not a very good team
    A mixture of shite posts from posters who have no right to celebrate the late winner! Disgrace!

Other than @lex talionis who can predict the future! Grandstand finish it was!

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
    A mixture of shite posts from posters who have no right to celebrate the late winner! Disgrace!

Because it's the truth? Why do we still keep persisting with mediocrity at this club?
    I said it at the begining of the season if ten hag isn't a miracle maker we won't make top 4 because the team is full of mediocre players.
    We lucked out today but you can't always rely on luck to bail you out can you?

Shark

@NotShark

I was replying to a post saying that Dan James would inevitability score. Honestly if you were to record everything that's said in a pub during a game you'd be called out for being a saddo.

Dannn411

You can quote all you want. I stand by what I said. Casemiro was poor once again and was roundly outplayed by Palhinha. Late winner doesn't change that. Another past-it player signed to a massive albatross contract that we will never be able to shift on. That is why we are where we are.

TheReligion

Abusive

TheReligion

Abusive
    Because it's the truth? Why do we still keep persisting with mediocrity at this club?
    I said it at the begining of the season if ten hag isn't a miracle maker we won't make top 4 because the team is full of mediocre players.
    If the club is absolutely shit as you put it why you here?

Zero patience.

Don’t deserve to enjoy any future success

Dannn411

mshnsh

The team needs investment in the midfield and a forward. Minimum. The only manager that could have made this team better than it is with a combo of man management and passion is Ferguson. But even with him, we'd finish probably third.
    You can quote all you want. I stand by what I said. Casemiro was poor once again and was roundly outplayed by Palhinha. Late winner doesn't change that. Another past-it player signed to a massive albatross contract that we will never be able to shift on. That is why we are where we are.
    Casemira is a brilliant buy. One below par game doesn't change that. He needs a worthy midfield partner.
    We should have won the game in the first half and wrapped it up.

Garnacho has to start games and ETH should understand this.
    Garnacho reminds me of a young C.Ronaldo but with better decision making and end product. The talent is there, what is needed is the work to improve himself. And yeah he should start but also be managed and protected accordingly by Ten Hag.

TheReligion

Abusive
    Same club's voted De Gea player of the year multiple times and Luke Shaw player of the year. Means sweet FA. Being the best of a mediocre bunch does not make you good and it especially meant absolutely nothing today when he was dominated by a player that cost 40 million pounds less. So pretty stupid and daft response from you.
    Silly silly post again

Enjoy the newbies

Back To Madeira

Missed the game today, thanks to @GifLord for the goal clips.

Catching comments in this thread when unable to watch is fun it has to be said. Especially if we are drawing/behind. I get the anger and frustration when the team is playing badly. We all get pissed off when our players can't string a pass together or miss numerous sitters. Heck, I was for going back on the smokes going in to stoppage time. But Wonderboy saved the day so let's all rejoice and enjoy the last minute winner. Playing shit and still coming away with the points? Lovely!

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    Missed the game today, thanks to @GifLord for the goal clips.

Catching comments in this thread when unable to watch is fun it has to be said. Especially if we are drawing/behind. I get the anger and frustration when the team is playing badly. We all get pissed off when our players can't string a pass together or miss numerous sitters. Heck, I was for going back on the smokes going in to stoppage time. But Wonderboy saved the day so let's all rejoice and enjoy the last minute winner. Playing shit and still coming away with the points? Lovely!
    We didn’t play shit! This place is full of jokers that you would not ever, ever want to be in a trench with. We played ok. We didn’t take our chances in the first half so we had to win the game in the last minute with a stroke of genius that few clubs can manage! I recall us doing similar many times under SAF .

croadyman

Because nobody wants to point the blame at the ten hag as we have already declared he is the second coming of pep...
    So you blame him for players missing chances in the first half,yes he probably should have brought Garnacho on earlier.

croadyman

If this team gets top 4 it’s because someone else was worse than us. We need a player or two in January
    What positions do you have in mind,mine would be wide forward and backup RB. I don't think there will be any top strikers available until the summer.

lex talionis

Those other posts you quoted, although over the top in their condemnation of United, were understandably frustrated with the prospect more dropped points. And until the boy came through — hopefully his WAG was prepared for his post-match celebration — we were missing glorious chances and Dave was required to put on another Zeus-like performance. It was great theater, the whiff of victory never that far off but definitely not guaranteed.

I’ll only say this: we were in this position countless times under Sir Alex and managed to find the late-match winner time and again. It’s the hope that glues us to this greatest of football clubs.

croadyman

Those other posts you quoted, although over the top in their condemnation of United, were understandably frustrated with the prospect more dropped points. And until the boy came through — hopefully his WAG was prepared for his post-match celebration — we were missing glorious chances and Dave was required to put on another Zeus-like performance. It was great theater, the whiff of victory never that far off but definitely not guaranteed.

I’ll only say this: we were in this position countless times under Sir Alex and managed to find the late-match winner time and again. It’s the hope that glues us to this greatest of football clubs.
    Yeah the frustrating games were Newcastle, Chelsea & Villa,jesus could have been in 2nd place and only 4 pts off top with wins there

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
    What positions do you have in mind,mine would be wide forward and backup RB. I don't think there will be any top strikers available until the summer.
    Agree with you. We don’t crest or score enough so a RB and a wide forward are about as much as we could expect. Then we can move rashford into CF for the rest of the season and hope he can grab a few goals while the wide platers pitch in

Offsideagain

Remember that Garnacho is just 18. He is still developing both physically and mentally. I know if you’re good enough you are old enough, but he still need to be nurtured and looked after. Start him in a few games and give him an hour and by the time he’s 21, he will be a beast. Now we have to hope this board actually have the intelligence to sign him on a long term contract. Should have plenty of money now CR7 is off.

LordSpud

Damn I wasnt expecting a full blown heel turn in this thread. Imagine watching the game and having an opinion of it in the moment? Or maybe we should just close the matchday threads altogether and just have the post match threads instead so people can reflect on the game as a whole and in hindsight rather than in real time? Such a strange, strange thing to do and be all high and mighty over...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw