Full time Devils

ShinjiNinja26

I quite like Howson myself, yeah he’s opinionated but who isn’t? I don’t agree with everything he says but puts out good content. I like the new Stretford Paddock channel. McKola’s a good guy as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Howson seems completely full of himself (On Friday he made his first posts in two years just to have a go at people who criticized him) and Rants is deluded/possibly mentally ill. Got no time for either tbh and will very rarely watch fan channel stuff. Flex has had some good interviews to be fair to him but apart from that and the occasional Goldbridge Partridgism there's nothing there for me.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I've been watching the United Stand quite a bit recently and it's not that bad to be honest. I suppose it's the last thing I would want to watch when we are awful and having crap results as I'd rather just go through a media blackout.

I like the fancams, some of the lads there seem pretty good and they don't hide their biases towards certain players and get called on it. Think Goldbridge Partidge elements are hilarious but I'm not a huge fan of the constant content when it's just him on his own.

Sweet Square

The easy and cheap access to video recorders and green screens has caused so much damage to society.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Where does the hate for United Stand come from? I know Goldbridge is a Partridge knock off but he’s been open about being a character. Flex seems like a top lad & a few others who seem insightful & humorous like Adam & KG. Ricky with his Matic fandom is quite funny too. But you can tell they are real fans just turning the volume up.

The only one who was toxic/negative was Rants & he’s gone now. That guy literally looked sad when we won & would still shit on Ole & Shaw even after decisive victories. He seemed to let race dictate how he rates players too which is sad to see.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Do fan channels ever do well by being 'good'? The only time I've known a fan channel to boom is when they have someone/people who is/are a bit quirky or mentally unstable. See Full Time Devils during Andy Tate times or AFTV right now.

Mr Smith

A little sad to see this channel die. I didn't like too many people on it but I was a big fan of Adam McKola, and I agree with a lot of his opinions.

Have good memories of how optimistic the channel was in 2014/15 when we had that mental transfer window.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Do fan channels ever do well by being 'good'? The only time I've known a fan channel to boom is when they have someone/people who is/are a bit quirky or mentally unstable. See Full Time Devils during Andy Tate times or AFTV right now.
Fan channels boom through people going on angry rants. There’s a reason why the 2 biggest are Arsenal & United & not Liverpool & City. The 2 fallen giants turned banter clubs. The team doing badly produces angry funny rants, which is what makes fan channels grow. DT & Troopz made AFTV, Andy Tate & his “Moyseh” rant made full time devils. Goldbridge flipping out like a bootleg Alan Partridge made United Stand. If United/Arsenal win, United/Arsenal fans will watch. If United/Arsenal lose, everyone will watch. The more people who watch the more money they make. This is why Bellerin accused AFTV of benefiting from Arsenal’s failure. He’s actually correct.

McKola, Robbie & Flex (straight man presenters) have little to do with the channels exploding. If Liverpool become a banter club one day RedMen TV will probably explode.

True Geordie got popular by ranting about Newcastle Utd & Ashley, his channel has next to no Newcastle content now & is more about Youtuber drama but he built his following by ranting about his club being shit. There’s big money in that.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think there’s also an inverse relationship between succcess of the club and success of the channel. Nobody would want to watch AFTV if Arsenal were winning games.

R'hllor

He’s a tw&t.. the only reason why people liked FTD was because... well people know.
All in all, i can deal with all drivel coming from United Stand, dont watch green screen guy that much, in the past, was on Flex side, when media started having a go at him due his pressence on away post match press conferences etc. He was traveling around, away games in EL etc.

On other side FTD was completely awful, trying to sell wisdom and all that shit, which is shame i guess because i kinda liked them at beggining, for what i remember.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Fan channels boom through people going on angry rants. There’s a reason why the 2 biggest are Arsenal & United & not Liverpool & City. The 2 fallen giants turned banter clubs. The team doing badly produces angry funny rants, which is what makes fan channels grow. DT & Troopz made AFTV, Andy Tate & his “Moyseh” rant made full time devils. Goldbridge flipping out like a bootleg Alan Partridge made United Stand.

McKola, Robbie & Flex (straight man presenters) have little to do with the channels exploding. If Liverpool become a banter club one day RedMen TV will probably explode.

True Geordie got popular by ranting about Newcastle Utd & Ashley, his channel has next to no Newcastle content now & is more about Youtuber drama but he built his following by ranting about his club being shit. There’s big money in that.
That's what I mean though. Remove Claude/Ty/Troopz/DT etc from AFTV and neutrals wouldn't care. Take Tate and his rants out of FTD and neutrals don't care. They can retain some of their own fans but barely.

I'd be surprised if many Arsenal supporters actually like what AFTV do, they probably see it as a bit of an embarrassment. It's far more popular with neutral supporters which follows on with Pogues point.

I think there’s also an inverse relationship between succcess of the club and success of the channel. Nobody would want to watch AFTV if Arsenal were winning games.
Yeah, that's true. A big club that is falling though. Nobody gives a shit about our fan channels for example because we are consistently average.

R'hllor

Didnt they provide some numbers last year or so, showing that positive results are on par with negative ones when it comes to views etc. I would guess that Arsenal winning week in week out would be watched by similar amount of people. Negativity usually tends to attract more in general nevermind when fanbases of other clubs join in.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Didnt they provide some numbers last year or so, showing that positive results are on par with negative ones when it comes to views etc. I would guess that Arsenal winning week in week out would be watched by similar amount of people. Negativity usually tends to attract more in general nevermind when fanbases of other clubs join in.
Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Like I said above I only started watching United Stand as we are doing good, I honestly could not be asked to what some numpty has to say after a bad result. I suppose then the other fanbases would come in there.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So basically Adam, Howson, Jay and Joe bought FTD and renamed it Stretford Paddock. Old Stretford Paddock channel is now dedicated to the football club Howson started.

rotherham_red

Mainoldo rating Goldbridge and United Stand is the least surprising turn of events I've witnessed on this forum :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So basically Adam, Howson, Jay and Joe bought FTD and renamed it Stretford Paddock. Old Stretford Paddock channel is now dedicated to the football club Howson started.

Always wondered why is it Paddock? Do they play on a farm?

rotherham_red

Nothing the United Stand do has ever come close to the quality that Sam and Ian's show had for FTD. I have to say Mark has definitely improved over the last few weeks though. He used to come across as horribly bitter and entitled (almost like those LUHG types) before but he's definitely taken a more positive approach during the lockdown and beyond.
That's more to do with the upturn in form on the pitch and his subsequent flip-flopping, which just shows to me that he's insincere. I don't like any of the YouTubers, but I do have to respect Howson and Mckola for actually supporting and backing Ole when the chips were down.

freeurmind

weak willed
I like Flex. Goldbridge is a dick, Rants is mad. The FTD crew are boring but you will actually occasionally hear something intelligent as opposed to TUS.

rotherham_red

United Stand is fake as feck. No actual fans on there just a bunch of personalities that have popped up after seeing AFTV's success. You can't convince me that Rants guy is an actual United fan. He knows feck all about the club. He claimed the other week Fergie retired because of Mourinho. Mourinho wasn't even at Chelsea when he retired. :lol:
I worked with a family member of his. Unfortunately he is a Utd fan and his opinions are very much for real, but he was never a massive Utd fan. He got on Utd Stand to widen his brand, that was pretty much it.

Even that family member thinks he's a pillock, and always said his brother (the Spurs fan) was a nicer guy.

freeurmind

weak willed
I worked with a family member of his. Unfortunately he is a Utd fan and his opinions are very much for real, but he was never a massive Utd fan. He got on Utd Stand to widen his brand, that was pretty much it.

Even that family member thinks he's a pillock, and always said his brother (the Spurs fan) was a nicer guy.
Expressions is more entertaining than both the main United fan channels put together.

Donald Silverbridge

He's an Arsenal fan, I didn't like him when he was on the United Stand, I refused to watch videos with him in it, I'm glad he's no longer on the channel.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Well that makes sense why he hates Arsenal so much then.

Based Adnan

United Stand is definitely used by other fans to ridicule United so in that sense their target audience is football fans in general instead of just United fans. Outrage and clickbait is central to what they do.

Happy with Stretford Paddock taking over Full Time Devils. I like their stuff and it's a genuine fan channel for United fans. Good to see McKola and Jay involved too. Hopefully they can takeover United Stand.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Red Issue had a lovely takedown of these putrid fan channels not so long ago. They are basically a large media conglomerate which espouses itself as separate, individual supporters’ clubs. It’s all a con. Click-baity content every week where the most controversial is king. These exploitative, toxic channels have no place in the game.

SuperiorXI

Red Issue had a lovely takedown of these putrid fan channels not so long ago. They are basically a large media conglomerate which espouses itself as separate, individual supporters’ clubs. It’s all a con. Click-baity content every week where the most controversial is king. These exploitative, toxic channels have no place in the game.
What's the con?

Viral United

FTD really lack content, most of the interviews looks same.
So many time its look like they really want to avoid to give any big statement.
I still remember in our worst days under LVG and Moyes apart from one fan (whose name I forgot) non of commentators or fans they interview really have any opinion about our manager. They simply avoid that question. And that really look strange.
To me FTD was more look like Club's experimental fan channel then real fan channel.

Mainoldo

Mainoldo rating Goldbridge and United Stand is the least surprising turn of events I've witnessed on this forum :lol:
When they told me Howson was on this thing I was convinced it was you!! This is probably his burner account.

No shock you liked the right wing channel that Died;)

Skeezix

Even though I'm a United fan, I don't enjoy United fan channels - that includes FullTimeDevils, United Stand, UnitedPeoples Tv etc.
Except Arse Fam TV when they loose. They have great (ridiculous but funny) cast of character. You watch it for the comedy.

Mainoldo

Even though I'm a United fan, I don't enjoy United fan channels - that includes FullTimeDevils, United Stand, UnitedPeoples Tv etc.
Except Arse Fam TV when they loose. They have great (ridiculous but funny) cast of character. You watch it for the comedy.
Watch Expressions.. the guy is quality. Never laughed so hard.

Mainoldo

The channels and their ‘stars’ are all manufactured and the same media group runs them all. It’s all a con.
Any chance you can show us the evidence? I take it would be all over their financial accounts?

Skeezix

Watch Expressions.. the guy is quality. Never laughed so hard.
Isn't he the Tottenham guy? I've recently watched one video of him where they lost to Sheffield United . His comments are Gold. :lol: :lol:

Cheekysports also deserve a mention - their videos, travelogues are funny too. I don't know if they stll upload though.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The fat beard guy decked out in his own merch is the most on brand thing I've seen in a while. Used to watch this stuff really early on, then we turned shit and I thought to myself "why am I watching these guys moan about how shit we are". Same goes for the pencil dick looking bloke on the other channel that a mate showed me. Then we watched 10 videos over 10 days of the exact same hysterical drivel presented from 10 slightly different angles and wondered why anyone would either watch after a week.