Funniest Biased Opinions

432JuanMata

So having read the caf for years and posted here and there I was wondering what the most biased comment you ever read or wrote here.
Being fans we all have a bit of biased Ed’s so I would like to here yours

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think my comments on Mourinho are very objective.

Lj82

So having read the caf for years and posted here and there I was wondering what the most biased comment you ever read or wrote here.
Being fans we all have a bit of biased Ed’s so I would like to here yours
Someone was so determined to discredit OGS that he "dug" into One's previous managerial experience and claimed that OGS screwed up Molde's golden age or something like that, that Molds won its first ever Championship prior to OGS joining. Problem is, said poster conveniently neglected that it was OGS who won the championship the first time round with Molde.

Said poster later claimed to be quite devine in his football analysis. Truly incredible

Paul_Scholes18

Probably to do with Liverpool and VAR last season from me. I did really think they got extra help, but it might just be shit refs since they do not get it this season.
Particular they avoided red cards in games that was totally clear.
With others it probably has to do with Moyes or Mourinho. Much hate against them after them being poor for us.
LVG also had a massive club with fans that claimed he was doing great for us and stuff and put down great foundations.

Wittmann45

I remember there was a not so objective debate during the 2007-08 season about who was better, Tevez or Torres. Lampard wasn't highly rated either for a long time.

There was also a running joke from the RAWK thread where Liverpool fans were convinced La Tallec was going to be a much better player than Ronaldo.

Cloud7

Someone once posted on here that they thought Lukaku was the best player at World Cup 2018. That was really something. It's generally stuck with me as one of the most memorable posts I've ever seen on the caf.

Paul_Scholes18

Someone once posted on here that they thought Lukaku was the best player at World Cup 2018. That was really something. It's generally stuck with me as one of the most memorable posts I've ever seen on the caf.
No it was Pogba of course! I don't think Modric was that good though after the group stage.

Robbie Boy

There were some posters years back who genuinely thought Welbeck was going to be absolutely world class despite all the evidence stating otherwise. The 'debates' became nauseating.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
There was some nutcase who was convinced that Memphis Depay was going to be the best player in the world when he signed for us.

432JuanMata

Since I started the thread I’ll throw in mine and the funniest I read from here too.

Mine was that Tom Cleverly was world class after a few games in MF with Anderson. Doesn’t sound to bad because they were class during that period until you realise when we were letting him go I compared it to losing Scholes at his best(should of gave up watching football)

The best I read was a poster then I was in the newbie section call me out on saying Welbeck wasn’t good enough for us by saying you probably are the reason Juventus sold Henry to Arsenal and he will be top 5 in the world in 4 years :eek:. That was after Welbeck scoring the game before, I think he ended up with 5/6 for the season.

Cloud7

Once upon a time, I thought Adam Johnson was going to become one of the top 5 wingers in the world. I thought he was so good.

Cloud7

There were some posters years back who genuinely thought Welbeck was going to be absolutely world class despite all the evidence stating otherwise. The 'debates' became nauseating.
Since I started the thread I’ll throw in mine and the funniest I read from here too.

Mine was that Tom Cleverly was world class after a few games in MF with Anderson. Doesn’t sound to bad because they were class during that period until you realise when we were letting him go I compared it to losing Scholes at his best(should of gave up watching football)

The best I read was a poster then I was in the newbie section call me out on saying Welbeck wasn’t good enough for us by saying you probably are the reason Juventus sold Henry to Arsenal and he will be top 5 in the world in 4 years :eek:. That was after Welbeck scoring the game before, I think he ended up with 5/6 for the season.
United fans and Welbeck was one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Never in my life have I seen so many people convinced that such a bang average player was something special. It left me wondering if there was something wrong with my eyes at times.

Tarrou

“And he shits on Fabregas.”

people did genuinely rate Anderson as better than Cesc for a year or so around 08
I think I thought we were all being ironic about that, but maybe that came later on

el3mel

Probably people who were saying Pogba is the best midfielder in the world despite Modric, KDB and Kroos being around?

Also people who thought Herrera was better than prime Kante. Now I really like Herrera but this one was stupid.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I do wonder, what is the point of being biased? Why not remain objective at all times?

Jam

Probably people who were saying Pogba is the best midfielder in the world despite Modric, KDB and Kroos being around?

Also people who thought Herrera was better than prime Kanye. Now I really like Herrera but this one was stupid.
Exactly. How people thought Herrera was going to drop a better album than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is beyond me.

Mindhunter

Januzaj being the new wonder-kid who everyone and their grandmom would be jealous of.

el3mel

Exactly. How people thought Herrera was going to drop a better album than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is beyond me.
Urgh the auto corrector changed Kante to Kanye. I fecking hate writing on Mobile to be honest.

Ibi Dreams

I genuinely thought Clevz was and would be much better than Jordan Henderson

Cloud7

That season where we started off with the Anderson-Cleverley midfield, Rooney, Welbeck, Nani and Young up top and demolishing Arsenal and Chelsea, I thought we were going to win the Champions League that season.

432JuanMata

That season where we started off with the Anderson-Cleverley midfield, Rooney, Welbeck, Nani and Young up top and demolishing Arsenal and Chelsea, I thought we were going to win the Champions League that season.
Looking with hindsight on them players that was a awfully poor side. SAF really was a genius

432JuanMata

Someone was so determined to discredit OGS that he "dug" into One's previous managerial experience and claimed that OGS screwed up Molde's golden age or something like that, that Molds won its first ever Championship prior to OGS joining. Problem is, said poster conveniently neglected that it was OGS who won the championship the first time round with Molde.

Said poster later claimed to be quite devine in his football analysis. Truly incredible
The best one on Ole at Molde was when he came here a caf remember wrote they just won the league without him see he’s holding them back etc (which wasn’t the worst) until they wrote about the LVG the actual next day saying he build foundations here which I replied with his Ole comment saying then Ole build foundation at Molde. I got a reply saying “completely different circumstances” though I don’t see the difference :lol:

Strelok

Biased? You gotta ask Jose fanboys. Some still think he did a great work here and failed miserably only because of the board.

Bondi77

The great man saying that Nick Powell would play for England was a bit of a howler.

Bondi77

Biased? You gotta ask Jose fanboys. Some still think he did a great work here and failed miserably only because of the board.
It still cracks me up when Jose talks about the Community Shield as one of the trophies he won with us :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There was a thread on here shortly after Martial signed proclaiming (in all seriousness) that the poster wouldn’t swap Martial for Messi.
Hiya

Should add it was more of a question of philosophy than purely a “who is better?” thread so I still stand by it because I get a huge amount of pleasure watching Martial grow and develop alongside Rashford.

GueRed

Same with Tom Cleverly

I got dogs abuse on another forum around 9 years ago for saying Cleverly was nowhere near Paul Scholes quality :lol:

every year we have 1 or 2 future world class players coming through apparently

GueRed

TBH back in the 90's got caught up in the John Curtis hype

thought he would be future United and England captain

GueRed

Just go on twitter and you'd find the funniest biased opinions

Pogba FC
Martial FC
The anti-Mourinho brigade (which extends to certain journalists and media)
The Mourinho fan-boys

real funny shit

Last edited:

flappyjay

There was a thread on here shortly after Martial signed proclaiming (in all seriousness) that the poster wouldn’t swap Martial for Messi.
To be fair it was all about potential. We were hoping he would turn into a o.g Ronaldo and Thierry high breed. In hindsight some of us look moronic for that one.

Right now if you asked me if I would swap Greenwood for Lewandowski I would say absolutely not.

RashyForPM

To be fair it was all about potential. We were hoping he would turn into a o.g Ronaldo and Thierry high breed. In hindsight some of us look moronic for that one.

Right now if you asked me if I would swap Greenwood for Lewandowski I would say absolutely not.
I agree but at the same time, I’m willing to debate with anyone that Greenwood is already better than Martial NOW. The guy is a starboy. Cut the off pitch crap out and he’ll win many Ballon D’ors. Martial was never generational. Mason is. The boy is already one of our best players.