Television Funniest single episode of a sitcom ever

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Had this debate at work last week and thought it would make for a good discussion here, as the title suggests, what is the funniest single episode of a sitcom in your opinion and why?

I will start with Cigarettes, Alcohol and Rollerblading - Father Ted. As a very lapsed Catholic, I remember some of the odd behaviours during lent and this episode captured all that in the most hilarious manner.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bottom - Finger (Eddie dresses up)
IT Crowd - The one with the gay musical
Alan Partridge - The zombie one

Things like Father Ted, Only Fools and Fawlty Towers are so consistent that you couldn’t really pick one.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
“Harvest Festival” - Parks & Recreation

Because it was the first episode I could think of that’s truly memorable as a one-off, but there’s other episodes from that show that are up there.

Edit: “Flu Season” would be a good shout actually.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
“Modern Warfare” - Community.

The first paintball episode. Enough said.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
“Harvest Festival” - Parks & Recreation

Because it was the first episode I could think of that’s truly memorable as a one-off, but there’s other episodes from that show that are up there.

Edit: “Flu Season” would be a good shout actually.
Jerry's fault! Jerry's fault! Jerry's fault!

L'il Sebastian and Two Parties have to be up there too.

Also Stress Relief from The US Office

And yeah, you could pick almost any Father Ted episode.

Deery

Dreary
Father Ted when they go on holiday to the caravan was a pretty funny episode.

Abizzz

The IT Crowd where they tell the gal she's doing a presentation on the internet has got to be up there.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Jerry's fault! Jerry's fault! Jerry's fault!

L'il Sebastian and Two Parties have to be up there too.

Also Stress Relief from The US Office

And yeah, you could pick almost any Father Ted episode.
Two Parties was brilliant :lol:

Actually “Flu Season 2.0” was another classic, the one where Ben got smashed on blueberry wine with Ron, they randomly bumped into other Ron and then Leslie told him she was pregnant. That was an amazing episode.

Oldyella

Chardee Macdennis from always sunny or
Remedial Chaos Theory from Community.

For a single scene though, not sure I have ever laughed as much as Jeremy pissing himself at Marks wedding in peep show.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
“Modern Warfare” - Community.

The first paintball episode. Enough said.
Good shout. But „Pillows and Blankets“ is the best one in my opinion. I love mockumentaries.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Good shout. But „Pillows and Blankets“ is the best one in my opinion. I love mockumentaries.
There’s so many standalone classics from that show, and yes that’s another great shout.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Just pick something other than "A Star is Burns" from season six of The Simpsons. Better than anything already mentioned.

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
Top Banana - Arrested Development
This was going to be my second shout for Community, the fabled darkest timeline episode. Absolutely brilliant.
I never liked the "Darkest Timeline" episode. I always thought it was the beginning of the show's decline. Season three introduced Inspector Spacetime and Abed suddenly got too weird. I didn't care for these things.

Arrested Development is a weird one. It's the best sitcom of all time in my opinion – even seasons four and five are decent. But I struggle to name a standout episode. They were all consistently brillant. Maybe the one where Tobias breaks into the not-so-blind chick's house?