Tuanzebe
Bailly
Pogba
Lingard
Pereira
Lindelof
Williams
Telles
Martial...........seems like the most likely list of players who could move on without including one of the keepers

Seems like now that Murtough and Judge have basically covered themselves in pure glory in their first window together, in order to do more business we'll have to pivot and look at moving players out.

Guys like Trippier, Kounde, Camavinga, Neves and Saul are still targets but we have to find space in the squad and money.

Chief123

Jones
Dalot
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Pogba
Lingard
Pereira
Lindelof
Williams
Telles
Martial...........seems like the most likely list of players who could move on without including one of the keepers

Seems like now that Murtough and Judge have basically covered themselves in pure glory in their first window together, in order to do more business we'll have to pivot and look at moving players out.

Guys like Trippier, Kounde, Camavinga, Neves and Saul are still targets but we have to find space in the squad and money.
I still think we’ve got room to spend without sales. Logistically we will need to ship players out but the prices we’ve got Varane and Sancho for still probably leaves us room to buy a quality midfielder regardless of whether we sell anyone.

I reckon we will be sending out quite a few on loan with the hope of permanent transfers in the future. Not many buyers in the market since covid.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Now lets see can we be ruthless for once. Williams, James, Tuanzebe and Lingard can be sold for decent price. For Henderson alone (IF Ole decides that DDG is no1) we can get 30 mil at least. Bailly can get good price too.

Infestissumam

selling Pogba to PSG and Lingard to West Ham should be enough to finance Trippier and a midfielder. Maybe a few quid for Pereira too and a couple of loan fees.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Lingard, Pogba and Andreas should raise about £60m minimum. (Hopefully more like £75m)

We could get £10m-£15m for James but I don't see us selling him.

432JuanMata

Thought this might be the case. Now I said that a top CDM and we would be in great shape but if we are to move Pogba I would want a extra CM aswell

bosskeano

Its no question they've done amazing business especially if they have the deals in place over multiple years of installments but i still believe Ole wants two more guys and there is no way that will happen without bringing in money from sales

bosskeano

Pogba has one year left, no one will be crazy enough to pay that amount.
I think we pretty much set the price point for Pogba with the Varane purchase. We will probably get no more than 50m euros for him if PSG want him.

However, that is enough money to bring in two players centrally(neves, camavinga) or a CM and RB

Infestissumam

we've just spent £34m plus £8m in add-ons on Varane, I think Pogba should pretty much fetch the same amount. Lingard should fetch £15-20m too I think, so £60m is not an outrageous thought for these three players. Should be possible.

jem

What amount is that? Lingard is likely to get around 20-25, while Andreas would likely fetch at least 5, which means Pogba would get you 30 million (if we go by the 60 million that the poster mentioned.) That hardly seems outrageous.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Which basically implies that our next signing is a few weeks away. Unless things move fast with Pogba who is the only player who will get us a decent chunk of money.

BarstoolProphet

Even if it turns out that we still can buy without selling I'm very happy with the public line the club is showing now. No more "we can do things in the market other clubs can only dream of", instead we have a discreet and sensible approach to transfers now.

-Supreme-

Lingard + James could easily fetch £40m, I'd be disappointed if either of them is here next season.

GBBQ

I think the quality of the ‘deadwood’ we’re looking to move on is better than previous seasons and points to the overall work we’ve done in improving the squad. Even without considering Pogba or a keeper there are a few players who could easily go for 20 mil+ And not really be missed in the squad.

More importantly the briefing does seem to be clear that we only need to balance the books for further sales so I think we might well see Trippier and a DM.

bosskeano

Which basically implies that our next signing is a few weeks away. Unless things move fast with Pogba who is the only player who will get us a decent chunk of money.
probably so which is kind of why i thought about making this thread as i suspect your theory is accurate. We may not see anything before August 7th which is our last warm up match against Everton.

Trequarista10

Our squad is huge and we could happily lose 5+ members of the first team squad. Especially as we have a handful of talented youngsters knocking on the door too.

Woodzy

Lingard + James could easily fetch £40m, I'd be disappointed if either of them is here next season.
Don’t think we will sell James. Ole seems to like him and I imagine he would be content with a limited role.

Realistic sales for me are Andreas, Dalot, Lingard and one of the two first choice keepers.

Then Pogba possibly as well.

lsd

The Oracle
Martial would be good to get of the books and should bring in decent money

Castia

Seems to be a brief because its been reported by multiple journalists. It's fair enough in my opinion, we've brought in 2 top players its time to cut some of the shite out of the squad

Jones (free)
Pereira (10m)
Lingard (20m)
James (20m)
Matic (10m)

Would be my pick. If a decent offer came in for Martial id be willing to let him go too.

Pogba situation needs sorting if he's not signing a new deal he needs to be sold.

-Supreme-

Don’t think we will sell James. Ole seems to like him and I imagine he would be content with a limited role.

Realistic sales for me are Andreas, Dalot, Lingard and one of the two first choice keepers.

Then Pogba possibly as well.
I think Ole appeared to like him was mainly down to the lack of decent alternatives, same way when he kept on playing Lingard prior to Bruno arrival.

Personally I don't see the point of keeping James when we spent around £100m on two wide players in the past 6 months.

Delano

I still worry how we tend to hold players for too long. Lingard, Dalot, James all have suitors and can all fetch fees to help complete the squad with a CDM.

Pointless flogging Jones and Pereira when they provide zero funds.

El Zoido

It’s about balancing the wage bill moreso than needing the cash for transfer fee. Lingard and Jones are the obvious ones, though they’re on less than Pogba between them.

I want us to keep Martial for now, he was hot garbage last season but I just get this feeling he’s going to light it up this year..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seems to be a brief because its been reported by multiple journalists. It's fair enough in my opinion, we've brought in 2 top players its time to cut some of the shite out of the squad

Jones (free)
Pereira (10m)
Lingard (20m)
James (20m)
Matic (10m)

Would be my pick. If a decent offer came in for Martial id be willing to let him go too.

Pogba situation needs sorting if he's not signing a new deal he needs to be sold.
only reason to brief such a thing is the make teams think we're poor during whatever negotiations are going on

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba out and Saul in thus completing the trinity of signings of players we've wanted for a long time.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I still worry how we tend to hold players for too long. Lingard, Dalot, James all have suitors and can all fetch fees to help complete the squad with a CDM.

Pointless flogging Jones and Pereira when they provide zero funds.
What suitors, apart from the usual rumours?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looking at our squad, we look like a team that needs to sell. A lot of bodies there we know we'd be happy to let go, it's just about the offers we get I guess.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Getting wages off our books will be just as important. Phil Jones needs to go for a start.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Jones
Dalot
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Pogba
Lingard
Pereira
Lindelof
Williams
Telles
Martial
Jones - didn't feature at all last season and is likely to leave on a free or a negligible fee.

Dalot - a potential to be sold but I think he could be kept on if we can't sort a new right back.

Tuanzebe - can't see him leaving (at least not on a permanent basis) this summer.

Bailly - think he could go if we find a buyer

Pogba - one of the more likely departures and should command a decent fee

Lingard - think he could be kept on if Rashford goes ahead with surgery but another of the more likely candidates to leave

Pereira - he has to go but I'm not sure we'll get much for him

Williams - a loan looks most likely

Telles - can't understand the logic of selling our only proper cover at left back

Martial - we're going to want a fair wedge for him and not sure he's strictly up for sale

I think one of Henderson or De Gea could go if we can generate any interest and that's probably a more realistic departure than some of the others listed above.

SAFMUTD

I think we should at least sign one midfielder, even if Pogba stays. I dont mean a Sancho/Varane calibre midfielder, but at least someone competitive around de 30M mark. But yes, we have plenty deadwood I expect we can get around 50-60M if we sell all of them.

ChaddyP

We should sell Henderson to arsenal and lingard to hammers. That would get you most mids available on the market currently with change to spare

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Looking at our squad, we look like a team that needs to sell. A lot of bodies there we know we'd be happy to let go, it's just about the offers we get I guess.
In the current financial climate, a lo of clubs may want and need to slash their expenses rather than splash out. I think we have to be realistic as to what we can expect for players we're looking to offload.

Come the end of the transfer window I have a feeling some of the players mentioned will leave cheaper than expected

C'est Moi Cantona

Possibly.
Say we sold Lingard to fund Trippier, and sell Pogba and replace with another midfielder, what would that class as?

Sancho and Varane are clear upgrades on what we have, Trippier probably too, and if not then he'll make AWB better, but it's unlikely the Pogba replacement (if there is one) would be an upgrade, so whilst it'd be good still, it would be a shame to weaken another position, but if Pogba gives us no choice then there's not alot we can do other than sell.

Last edited:

diarm

De Gea
Dalot Bailly Jones Williams
Matic
Pereira Pogba
Lingard Martial James
Obviously we won't sell them all and the wages will put off suitors for some of them, but they should all be available. If we can't raise £80-100m from that lot there is something wrong with us.

El Zoido

Can’t see either Henderson of DDG going. The future isn’t De Gea, and it might not be Henderson, but they need to fight each other for a place for next season too. We’ll find an answer one way or another, even if the answer is “neither.”