GAA 2018

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
A few hours later after result has bedded in a bit, it's fecking crazy that Galway almost pulled a draw out of the bag. Insane. They would have lost a replay for sure anyway for the same fatigue reasons as today, but it's ridiculous that they got so close considering that Limerick were the better team by miles. A testament to their heart when they were clearly second best pretty much everywhere on the pitch.

Hard to begrudge this lad the win

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Tyrone have declined to interact with RTE for any coverage leading up to the final and after.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0820/986244-tyrone-and-rte-all-ireland-final-coverage/

Last week RTÉ Sport extended the same invitation to Tyrone GAA that it has to Dublin GAA, and all previous All Ireland finalists with regard to participation in RTÉ coverage across television, radio and digital platforms.

This included pre-match, day of match at Croke Park, and post match interviews.

Tyrone GAA have informed RTÉ Sport that the Tyrone management and players do not wish to participate in any such media activity with RTÉ and we respect that decision.

RTÉ Sport will now continue with its planning and preparation and we wish both Tyrone GAA and Dublin GAA the very best of luck in the final.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
That hurling final yesterday was brilliant entertainment in the last few minutes but I thought it lacked the quality of a few of the games this year. Too many nerves and lads too tired. Maybe there were too many games played by Galway including this and last year. That said the hurling championship is a great watch.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That hurling final yesterday was brilliant entertainment in the last few minutes but I thought it lacked the quality of a few of the games this year. Too many nerves and lads too tired. Maybe there were too many games played by Galway including this and last year. That said the hurling championship is a great watch.
It’s an incredible watch. So much so that football feels like a second class citizen. It can’t compare.

There was a moment in the game which almost made me start a thread in the football forum about whether professional footballers are brave enough. One of the Limerick players (can’t remember who?) dropped his hurl in an attempted tackle and when the ball broke to a Galway player who decided to have a crack at the posts, he dove full length to try and block the shot. With his bare hands.

Stuff like that makes it even harder to take when you see obscenely well paid PL defenders turning their back on a cross or a shot (naming no names!).

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It’s an incredible watch. So much so that football feels like a second class citizen. It can’t compare.

There was a moment in the game which almost made me start a thread in the football forum about whether professional footballers are brave enough. One of the Limerick players (can’t remember who?) dropped his hurl in an attempted tackle and when the ball broke to a Galway player who decided to have a crack at the posts, he dove full length to try and block the shot. With his bare hands.

Stuff like that makes it even harder to take when you see obscenely well paid PL defenders turning their back on a cross or a shot (naming no names!).
Plus Skehill throwing himself in front of a goalbound shot and ending up crocked having to go off. He got a sliothar full force in the back and a knee in the head too when he was getting back up.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool

Yeah I remember that. He was ran full tilt at Joe Canning trying to block the effort without a hurl. Could've lost a finger or two but it forced the wide which was brilliant.

On the football front I just read McGuinness' piece in the Times. He is calling for Tyrone to not engage in the Dublin tactic of trying to draw out the blanket defence from what I read. I could've picked it up wrong but he said that Dublin have evolved away from the swashbuckling footballing game they arrived with Gavin and transitioned to a handballing team which control possession outside of the oppositions 45 and look to pick holes in them. He states that the tactic that Tyrone need to employ is a fall back into their own 45 and mark up and put pressure on the Dublin play maker (Kilkenny). It's an interesting take on how to beat Dublin but I would argue that since Dublin lost to Donegal and their blanket defence they have developed a control game to bring out the opposition and pick holes in them. Dublin's control tactic was a direct response to counter attacking ultra defensive formations. I think the team that gave Dublin the biggest headache over the last 4 years were Mayo and they simply went toe to toe with Dublin and rose to the phsyical challenge while also meeting them in skill. If the game pans out the way McGuinness describes it could be dire.

Eire Red United

What do we reckon for today lads? I really don’t know myself to be honest, part of me can’t see past that embarrassment of a semi-final last year, but I’d never write Tyrone off, especially in an All-Ireland final.

For the neutrals who are we supporting? As an Armagh man I can’t stand Tyrone at all to put it lightly, but I’ll begrudgingly support them today because I just can’t stand to see another Dubs victory.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/road-nowhere-year-gaa-lost-touch-roots-175413
On a side note, have a read at this, quite a long read but interesting.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
What do we reckon for today lads? I really don’t know myself to be honest, part of me can’t see past that embarrassment of a semi-final last year, but I’d never write Tyrone off, especially in an All-Ireland final.

For the neutrals who are we supporting? As an Armagh man I can’t stand Tyrone at all to put it lightly, but I’ll begrudgingly support them today because I just can’t stand to see another Dubs victory.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/road-nowhere-year-gaa-lost-touch-roots-175413
On a side note, have a read at this, quite a long read but interesting.
Nah, at the risk of ending up in that "you can quote me" thread, surely they haven't a hope. Even if you live with Dublin for a while, they just go to their bench and wear you down.

RORY65

Nah, at the risk of ending up in that "you can quote me" thread, surely they haven't a hope. Even if you live with Dublin for a while, they just go to their bench and wear you down.
Yep, realistically Tyrone would have to be ahead by 3 or 4 points with 15 to go to even have a hope. I suspect they'll be behind by a similar amount by then and it will end up being a win by 8-10 points. I hope not because it's been a very dull Championship which can only be salvaged by a good final.

Minimalist

Gf is a Tyrone girl. In the Irish pub on holiday. Filled with Celtic fans watching Stevie G annoy their happiness.

Begging her to not make any jokes about me being a gers fan or I’ll get my head kicked in. They are a lively bunch.

Eire Red United

Great start from Tyrone, kicked a poor wide, Dubs went down the field and kicked a point, Morgan made a mess of one kick which led to the pen and it’s just gone down hill from there.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Game over now. Tyrone started well but have collapsed since the penalty. Too many bad wides from them too.

Eire Red United

Tyrone kicked themselves out of it. Fair play to Dublin though what a side and with their age profile they’ll be around for awhile.

Great game though.