GAA 2019

Eire Red United

That time again with the leagues kicking off this weekend. Could see Monaghan catching the Dubs today as they seem to have plenty missing, not that it will have much say in the grand scheme of things.

Fancy Armagh to get a result in Newbridge today, we were impressive in the McKenna Cup and Kildare are there for the taking with the amount of lads they’re missing, although we have plenty of starters missing ourselves.

Charlie Foley

Great day for Kerry GAA. Two clubs win All-Ireland’s and then a young Kerry team beat the Dubs in a great game in Tralee.

Gee Male

Kerry Dublin game was good stuff last night, very entertaining.

We were poor enough ourselves but Cavan were worse. Three wins equals safety really, so anything else is a bonus for us now.

Eire Red United

Best game I’ve seen in a while last night, would love to see those two go at it again in AI final or Semi, hopefully Mayo can keep improving as well. Would be great for the game to have 3 teams capable of winning Sam.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Best game I’ve seen in a while last night, would love to see those two go at it again in AI final or Semi, hopefully Mayo can keep improving as well. Would be great for the game to have 3 teams capable of winning Sam.
Mayo cannot win Sam.Simple.If they were 4 points up with a minute left they would find a way to fcuk up.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Championship starts tonight.

My finalists

Football
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Kerry
Connaught - Mayo
Ulster - Donegal
All Ireland DUBLIN v Tyrone

Hurling
Leinster- Galway
Munster - Cork
All Ireland - LIMERICK v Cork

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I was at the game today between tipp and us and the skill level was wide, for the first half I was behind the tipp goal and the ease which they passed it around was something to watch, whereas I was behind us in the 2nd half and it was who could good it the furthest.

Ps the cork boys have bigger arms there was way to many coming over the netting in the first half

Green_Red

Championship starts tonight.

My finalists

Football
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Kerry
Connaught - Mayo
Ulster - Donegal
All Ireland DUBLIN v Tyrone

Hurling
Leinster- Galway
Munster - Cork
All Ireland - LIMERICK v Cork
Louth are going beat the Dubs in the quarter final. Biggest upset of the year.

Eire Red United

Finally a win for us in Ulster under McGeeney. Going to be huge underdogs against Cayyvan but if we tighten up at the back and sort our kick outs, we have the forwards to rip them to shreds and plenty of lads coming back from injury.

Eire Red United

Fecking hell lads, Armagh fairly announced themselves the other day. A win of that margin against any D1 side in their back yard is impressive, even if Monaghan are on their way down. Mayo will be a different animal though, even if some of their stars aren’t the same players they were.

They’ll be missing a few but so are we unfortunately, but absolutely buzzing for this one, should be a cracker.

Eire Red United

Jesus lads. What a game, left it behind us but Jesus for us to run that Mayo team so close is something to be proud of. Give us another year to bring the young lads on more with another year in Division 2 and we’ll be flying. A real pity to see this Mayo team struggling so much with the injuries, Andy Moran deserves to retire with an All-Ireland.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
What was the anon letter requesting McGeeney's resignation. This is his best year by far. Bit silly looking for his head now. Especially when they ran Mayo so close.

Eire Red United

What was the anon letter requesting McGeeney's resignation. This is his best year by far. Bit silly looking for his head now. Especially when they ran Mayo so close.
Think on balance McGeeney deserves another year but still loads of work to be done. That letter was a load of shite though and disgraceful that the Irish News ran with it as a major story whenever the “former player” hadn't even got the balls to put his name to it.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Think on balance McGeeney deserves another year but still loads of work to be done. That letter was a load of shite though and disgraceful that the Irish News ran with it as a major story whenever the “former player” hadn't even got the balls to put his name to it.
Yeah I agree totally. Seemed like sour grapes from someone looking for the job.

Charlie Foley

Half-time and Kerry up by a point, 0-10 to 0-09. Kerry have had the better of that half with 2 good goal chances but Donegal doing well to keep in touch. Tight game, could go either way in the second half, I think Donegal will be happy with just a point in it.

Charlie Foley

Full time: 1-20 apiece. End to end game, disappointed we couldn't close it out but Donegal are a good team and it was a score for score game so a draw is probably fair. Not losing was crucial given Kerry are a point ahead in points difference and would be expected to win by a better margin than Donegal given who we both play next (Meath have lost both of their games by 9 points). Would be nice to avoid the Dubs in the semi as this Kerry team needs all the time it can get :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Full time: 1-20 apiece. End to end game, disappointed we couldn't close it out but Donegal are a good team and it was a score for score game so a draw is probably fair. Not losing was crucial given Kerry are a point ahead in points difference and would be expected to win by a better margin than Donegal given who we both play next (Meath have lost both of their games by 9 points). Would be nice to avoid the Dubs in the semi as this Kerry team needs all the time it can get :lol:
That was a great game.

I have a feeling Tyrone will beat Dublin up there so Kerry when they beat Meath will be against Dublin in the Semi.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Great game. Black cards were weird and I didnt see the red but both these teams can beat Dublin or Tyrone. I have my doubts about Mayo.

Eire Red United

Great game, can’t decide who I want to win in Castlebar in 2 weeks, can see either of those teams giving the Dubs a great rattle but feck me it would be a travesty for the likes of Moran and Colm Boyle not to win an AI and times running out sadly.

Mayo to beat the Dubs in the semi and lose to Kerry in the final.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I can see one massive game left in this Mayo team but they need to fall over the line until the final. Injuries have not been kind. Also David Moran is a bit injury prone for Kerry.

Gee Male

Exciting weekend ahead.

Dublin clearly should have too much for us, we just have question marks over the fitness of too many players for us to put it up to them like we have in the past. The bookies are offering a handicap of 5, I think Dublin will beat that fairly comfortably. Unfortunately.

Kerry Tyrone is harder to predict. Kerry's backs are still brutal, so I'm just giving Tyrone the edge in this. Will be close though, if a couple of the Kerry forwards can hit the ground running then I could easily be proven wrong, but the fact that their young lads like O'Shea and Clifford are yet to win a senior game in Croker doesn't bode well against an experienced Tyrone side.

Can't wait now though, hopefully two good games.

Eire Red United

Exciting weekend ahead.

Dublin clearly should have too much for us, we just have question marks over the fitness of too many players for us to put it up to them like we have in the past. The bookies are offering a handicap of 5, I think Dublin will beat that fairly comfortably. Unfortunately.

Kerry Tyrone is harder to predict. Kerry's backs are still brutal, so I'm just giving Tyrone the edge in this. Will be close though, if a couple of the Kerry forwards can hit the ground running then I could easily be proven wrong, but the fact that their young lads like O'Shea and Clifford are yet to win a senior game in Croker doesn't bode well against an experienced Tyrone side.

Can't wait now though, hopefully two good games.
We’d need the pick of the 3 teams to beat these Dublin feckers.

Charlie Foley

Dublin pulling clear now, anyone watching?
I was at it. Unfortunately sat next to some twat who’s involved with no club at all and shouted bollocks the whole time. Always the risk at a Dublin game. Bandwagon is something else. So too is Brian Fenton though. I don’t know how you legislate for a player like that lining up opposite you. We were club mates growing up. His year was phenomenal at underage all the way up but I don’t think as a kid he was ever the standout player.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I was at it. Unfortunately sat next to some twat who’s involved with no club at all and shouted bollocks the whole time. Always the risk at a Dublin game. Bandwagon is something else. So too is Brian Fenton though. I don’t know how you legislate for a player like that lining up opposite you. We were club mates growing up. His year was phenomenal at underage all the way up but I don’t think as a kid he was ever the standout player.
Hes something else. Wasnt even at his very best today.

Eire Red United

So many superb players on that team. Fenton, Cluxton, McCaffrey will all go down as one of best players ever in their positions when they retire. Mannion is excellent as well. And thats without mentioning the most talented out of the lot in Connolly. Lord knows how many AI’s the likes of Con O’C will retire with at this rate.

Just a shame for that Mayo team that they couldn’t have one at least one final when they were in their pomp as they were definitely more than a match for Dublin. Andy Moran is too much of a class act to retire with no All Ireland.

padr81

Supports
Man City
This Dublin team is easily the best in my lifetime probably of all time. There was a time when Mayo could put it up to them but Mayo have dropped a level and Dublin have risen one. The chasm between the 2 was clear today and when Dublin came out 2nd half and got on top they tried to pound half the Mayo side into retirement.

Like any team they can be beaten but the chances of doing so is really, really slim. My dads from Mayo, mum from Manchester so I have a soft spot for them, they'll go down as probably the best side never to win and All Ireland but their chance is gone, they needed to take one of the game when they were capable of going toe to toe with Dublin. That day is long gone, the fact they gifted Dublin so many scores first half from Mayoing it up is a shame. Dublin I don't think had a decent score from play in the first half. With a bit of discipline Mayo could have went in 5 points up which would have made a real game of it but 2 points was never gonna cut it.

Charlie Foley

Worst half of football I’ve seen in a long time. Stadium is very flat.

The gap between Dublin and the rest is only getting bigger. Kerry and Mayo could have beaten them in 2015/16 and were unlucky not to. No one close to them now.

Charlie Foley

Feck it. We’ll lose the final but no shame losing to that Dublin team. What a second half from a young team today. Tommy Walsh changed the game.

Eire Red United

Feck it. We’ll lose the final but no shame losing to that Dublin team. What a second half from a young team today. Tommy Walsh changed the game.
Fair play to you’s. Love watching that Kerry team play and best of luck in the final. In fairness Deegan rode Tyrone a brave bit but you’s were the better team. Shocking low attendance for a Semi Final.

Charlie Foley

Fair play to you’s. Love watching that Kerry team play and best of luck in the final. In fairness Deegan rode Tyrone a brave bit but you’s were the better team. Shocking low attendance for a Semi Final.
It was poor but very expensive to get up and €50 for a ticket not cheap.

Deegan did not ride Tyrone any worse than he did Kerry. There were two clotheslines on Tommy Walsh and earlier on the goalie that were disgraceful. Anyway let’s not get into that-the point is Deegan is incompetent and a dreadful ref. Compared to the cork ref in the other semi yesterday and the difference is laughable. The man is a disgrace to himself, his family, Stradbally, Laois, the GAA and the entire island of Ireland.

Charlie Foley

I pray to god we can win the final but I don’t see it. Getting to a final through everyone good bar Dublin is about as well as we could have expected coming into the championship