GAA 2023

Charlie Foley

Another trophy for David Clifford and hopefully they let him sleep for a few weeks now. Ugly end to an entertaining game, not surprised from the Stewartstown lads but silly from Paudie Clifford getting himself sent off with the game won. My dad used to work at the Liebherr factory out in Fossa.

Rathmore currently lead Galbally by 6 in the other final.

Rooney24

This thread is probably the best place to post this about an utter bell end......

The GAA legend being investigated for fraud hasn’t worked in years, it has been revealed.

Close friends claim he was funding his lavish lifestyle with the money he allegedly raised under false pretences to pay for cancer treatment that he never actually had.

It is understood he spent much of his time golfing and going on GAA-related trips and freebies all over the country and to many parts of the world.

But he also lived in the lap of luxury with homes at the poshest addresses in Ireland.

The one-time player funded his lifestyle for the last 10 years with money he received from other people which ranged from €100,000 to €150,000 a year.

A source who was regularly in his company said: “This guy saw himself as an elite athlete.

“He was basically a full-time professional GAA player and did nothing else until he retired.

“He might have dabbled in some unsuccessful businesses but the truth is he never actually did a day’s work, as we know it, in his life.

“All this money using the false cancer story was raised purely to finance his lifestyle, nothing else.

“He used all the cash to pay the bills and then he was robbing Peter to pay Paul.

“He loved the high life, lived in the big house, drove the fast cars and went to the best restaurants and hotels. He went on holidays to places like America and Mauritius.

“He no more had treatment for cancer than I did and he had no problem playing on people’s genuine sympathy.

‘The man didn’t have a gambling problem and the idea he would throw thousands on a horse is just nonsense. He spent the cash on himself.

“I don’t remember him ever really working.”

The GAA legend has been in hospital receiving treatment for mental health issues since details of the scandal emerged last weekend.

A relative said they are concerned for his safety and he is under huge pressure.

Gardai are continuing to contact people who gave money for his supposed treatment.

The player first claimed he had cancer in the blood and needed life-saving treatment a decade ago.

It is also known some of the richest people in the country who golfed with him at corporate and charity events also gave him large sums of cash.

One of the victims of the alleged scam said: “Everyone feels let down and cheated.”

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Another trophy for David Clifford and hopefully they let him sleep for a few weeks now. Ugly end to an entertaining game, not surprised from the Stewartstown lads but silly from Paudie Clifford getting himself sent off with the game won. My dad used to work at the Liebherr factory out in Fossa.

Rathmore currently lead Galbally by 6 in the other final.
Clifford playing Junior football is just unfair.
Man is unreal

McGrathsipan

This thread is probably the best place to post this about an utter bell end......
His sister is a scam artist as well and both of them are fecking devious lowlife cnuts

The most annoying thing is that the prick had a 9.5 million debt basically written off by AIB.
While the rest of us plebs struggle on

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I strongly fancy Derry to go all the way in the football this year. They’ll not want for motivation as I’m sure they’ve spent the last eight months wondering how they kicked away the semi-final v Galway in the opening half last July. Gallagher is an obsessive and I’m sure he’ll have concocted a game-plan better suited to capitalising when they are in the ascendency in games.

Regarding the hurling, it’s hard to see anyone toppling Limerick but then again, I really felt they’d come unstuck last year at some point but it never materialised. Gillane is a huge miss for them (should he continue to be cut from the panel) and that may be enough to disrupt their flow in an attacking sense as he’s such a unique player in that inside-forward position. I suspect come the summer Kyle Hayes will revert back into the no.11 role he filled prior to give them more options in attack but for now, he’s doing a decent job at wing-back.

Kilkenny have come back to the pack, as have Clare, so Tipperary, Cork, Galway and Waterford will all fight it out for the ‘gallant losers’ tag for 2023, I feel. Tipperary are making noticeable progress under Cahill and Bevans and I feel as though they’ll get to an All-Ireland semi-final once the team have the requisite fitness levels Cahill demands and their injury-list clears up. Their appetite for goals is noteworthy in a game devoid of teams who do this (Limerick and Galway, for example, would rather rack up 0-30 than 3-21, it seems) so that could be a strategy which pays dividends on the firm pitches of summer.

McGrathsipan

Just back from Croker.
In the hurling Tipp and Dublin was a good game. Tipp always in control but Dublin wouldn't go away. Good game.

In football Dublin beat Clare by one point which was popped over in what was the last touch of the match. Dublin were abysmal for 65 mins then scored 7 points without reply in 9 mins to win it.
From winning seven all irelands to pure crap against teams like Clare in Div 2.

Dessie Farrell is not the man.
He has some talent at his disposal and they look lost

Wayne's World

I strongly fancy Derry to go all the way in the football this year. They’ll not want for motivation as I’m sure they’ve spent the last eight months wondering how they kicked away the semi-final v Galway in the opening half last July. Gallagher is an obsessive and I’m sure he’ll have concocted a game-plan better suited to capitalising when they are in the ascendency in games.

Regarding the hurling, it’s hard to see anyone toppling Limerick but then again, I really felt they’d come unstuck last year at some point but it never materialised. Gillane is a huge miss for them (should he continue to be cut from the panel) and that may be enough to disrupt their flow in an attacking sense as he’s such a unique player in that inside-forward position. I suspect come the summer Kyle Hayes will revert back into the no.11 role he filled prior to give them more options in attack but for now, he’s doing a decent job at wing-back.

Kilkenny have come back to the pack, as have Clare, so Tipperary, Cork, Galway and Waterford will all fight it out for the ‘gallant losers’ tag for 2023, I feel. Tipperary are making noticeable progress under Cahill and Bevans and I feel as though they’ll get to an All-Ireland semi-final once the team have the requisite fitness levels Cahill demands and their injury-list clears up. Their appetite for goals is noteworthy in a game devoid of teams who do this (Limerick and Galway, for example, would rather rack up 0-30 than 3-21, it seems) so that could be a strategy which pays dividends on the firm pitches of summer.
I actually think Cork might have a great chance this year, their young side seem to have take an upward curve and are growing more and more. Beating Limerick a few weeks ago would have been a massive psychological win for them since they have been on a few hidings from Limerick recently.

From a Galway point of view (where I'm from), I don't think we have much chance of winning either All-Ireland's this year. I have close sources with the Galway footballers and there's a massive divide in the camp with Joyce and the players so I think the hard work we put in last year won't come off this year and might suffer an early exit in the championship and the Hurlers don't seem to have that cutting edge anymore to go deep in it.

Rooney24

A horrific read from Rory Gallaghers wife.

can’t see him being anywhere near Clones on Sunday

Raulduke

Yeah that was a tough read alright and sounds like it has been a bit of an open secret for quite some time too.

McGrathsipan

He seems to think that its not an issue and not denying it.
Do the Derry Co Board think its ok?
Always thought he was a prick

poleglass red

am I right in understanding when he says he got full residence order that he has the kids?

Mick1991

I think so but not surprising if you read her post, this relationship has had a serious effect on her mental health.

Charlie Foley

am I right in understanding when he says he got full residence order that he has the kids?
Yes but as she said in her post she had turned to the drink which wouldn’t have helped in her case and my guess would be she didn’t bring this matter to light then as she’s doing so now and the residence order was fairly recent.

On the matter of football.
He has stepped back/down from managing the team. As he should until this is resolved.

I read somewhere, and I should probably try to verify this, apparently the PSNI gave PPS 2 files on the matter when previously raised, but PPS felt mor evidence was needed for a trial. @Damien if I should delete this let me know, not sure of forum rules on this

edit:Article confirming

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Leinster final sees Louth play Dublin.

Dublin have won this 12 times in a row which details how tough it will be for Louth but for the first time in an age I think they have a chance. Some of the Dublin performances this year have been abject. Dessie Farrell is a dour manager

McGrathsipan

Jim was similarly quiet and reserved, but at least had something likeable about him.
Jim always had a glint in his eye and you know the players would run their arses off for him. You could see the results of his management on the field.
Behind the scenes he was involved in everything in a positive way. He cared about everything and most of all the players.

Farrell is much more of a transactional type manager where his style leads to discontent and disconnect with the players plus he messes about with the team selection so much.

Louth might be worth a sneaky 10 quid bet today

always_hoping

Jim always had a glint in his eye and you know the players would run their arses off for him. You could see the results of his management on the field.
Behind the scenes he was involved in everything in a positive way. He cared about everything and most of all the players.

Farrell is much more of a transactional type manager where his style leads to discontent and disconnect with the players plus he messes about with the team selection so much.

Louth might be worth a sneaky 10 quid bet today
When I seen that Dublin starting team (much strong that what started against kildare) my thought was Louth will be lucky to get within 10 points of Dublin today. 12 point margin with 20 minutes to play.

McGrathsipan

When I seen that Dublin starting team (much strong that what started against kildare) my thought was Louth will be lucky to get within 10 points of Dublin today. 12 point margin with 20 minutes to play.
Dublin were sloppy as well for 15 mins.

Demolition job. Louth gave nothing which surprised me.

Special mention for Sam Mulroy. 10 points. Well done him

always_hoping

Dublin were sloppy as well for 15 mins.

Demolition job. Louth gave nothing which surprised me.

Special mention for Sam Mulroy. 10 points. Well done him
Dublin have found their mojo again. If they avoid Kerry in the draw it should be Dublin v Kerry All Ireland. Elsewhere Armagh must hate the sight of penalties now they are as bad as England on them, I'll never warm to penalties to decide a GAA match.

McGrathsipan

Dublin have found their mojo again. If they avoid Kerry in the draw it should be Dublin v Kerry All Ireland. Elsewhere Armagh must hate the sight of penalties now they are as bad as England on them, I'll never warm to penalties to decide a GAA match.
Derrys keeper is huge and the goals are much smaller in GAA games.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
From a Galway point of view (where I'm from), I don't think we have much chance of winning either All-Ireland's this year. I have close sources with the Galway footballers and there's a massive divide in the camp with Joyce and the players so I think the hard work we put in last year won't come off this year and might suffer an early exit in the championship and the Hurlers don't seem to have that cutting edge anymore to go deep in it.
Close sources my bollix.

strawballs ya

Charlie Foley

Typical Tyrone. Usual cnutish behaviour and as per usual getting away with it

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Mayo should be ahead really, Dublin need to cop on