GAA Thread 2022

Charlie Foley

Well your mother needs to put him on a shorter leash.
They are sitting two rows apart actually! “Mixed marriage” tonight so this way they can’t argue/my dad doesn’t have to listen to my mother screaming as much :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Comical at times.
My club is in the All Ireland Intermediate final tomorow in Croke park.
Trojan work done by alot of us for 8 years now from junior all the way up. The manager and the players of both sides need to have the game reffed properly.

I'll probably jump the hoarding if that shit happens tomorrow.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Trojan work done by alot of us for 8 years now from junior all the way up. The manager and the players of both sides need to have the game reffed properly.

Congrats and good luck!!

Who am I cheering for then?

McGrathsipan

Congrats and good luck!!

Who am I cheering for then?
Baile Atha Troim - Meath

We are playing Steelstown from Derry - they will be hard beaten but our lads are resilient. It could be a cracker.
Ive coached alot of the lads at minor and junior level - top lads and a credit to themsleves and their families.

Im anxious as feck now.

cyberman

Baile Atha Troim - Meath

We are playing Steelstown from Derry - they will be hard beaten but our lads are resilient. It could be a cracker.
Ive coached alot of the lads at minor and junior level - top lads and a credit to themsleves and their families.

Im anxious as feck now.
That’s our neighbours. Some atmosphere about. Best of luck. It’ll be a proud day for all involved

Charlie Foley

Baile Atha Troim - Meath

Im anxious as feck now.
Good luck. Are you still involved with coaching?

McGrathsipan

Good luck. Are you still involved with coaching?
Not with the senior team - they are managed and coached by Kevin Reilly and people that know what they are doing

- Im back down the ages now and have the current U10s and assist the U7s. Im VC of the Juvenile Coaching Development Committe and the main Juvenile committee. Plenty to keep us going. Nearly 700 juvenile players

Charlie Foley

Not with the senior team - they are managed and coached by Kevin Reilly and people that know what they are doing

- Im back down the ages now and have the current U10s and assist the U7s. Im VC of the Juvenile Coaching Development Committe and the main Juvenile committee. Plenty to keep us going. Nearly 700 juvenile players
Fair play to you

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

You just got a mention on Off The Ball. I cheered. Nobody can say I haven't done my bit.

McGrathsipan

They are a fecking class act they blew us away.
They are in some shape those lads. Steelstown well deserved winners.
They will go well in Senior.
Congrats to them

We had no answers today just simply beaten by the better team

Charlie Foley

Congrats to them

Just check the result. Bit of a battering. Hopefully it was played in good spirits (I’m guessing it was by your post)

McGrathsipan

Just check the result. Bit of a battering. Hopefully it was played in good spirits (I’m guessing it was by your post)
It was a fair game - we couldnt get near them even if we wanted to get stuck in to them.

Hard luck man, sometimes the others are just better. Congrats on getting there still!
Once in a lifetime achievement for sure.

There was about 500 people back at the club for the after party.
Carnage is the only word. At 42 I dont think I am that old but feck me the young people are messy. Doing coke openly is a thing now. Normal

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Congrats to them

I'm involved with the Clara team who you beat in the Leinster final. Ye were a well organised team with a few lovely footballers. Aaron Lynch is as good a club footballer as I've seen in a few years. Getting to an All-Ireland final is some achievement. No shame in been beaten by that Steelstown team.

McGrathsipan

I'm involved with the Clara team who you beat in the Leinster final. Ye were a well organised team with a few lovely footballers. Aaron Lynch is as good a club footballer as I've seen in a few years. Getting to an All-Ireland final is some achievement. No shame in been beaten by that Steelstown team.
Aaron is a class act although he struggled yesterday- Andy McEntee was watching him that day in Navan although Im not sure Andy will have a job much longer after yesterday.

The two baldy lads on your team are machines - hard men. The final was a great game - I think the ref was to quick to give the cards too

poleglass red

Congrats to them

great achievement getting there, my mate coached the team that got heavily beaten in the 2019 intermediate final. It will stand the lads well for the future

MacGlock88

Dublin 0-12 Mayo 2-11.

Dubs with 3 points in the second half.

Well done Mayo, first time beating Dublin in the league in 10 years.

Atha Cliath Abu.

kidbob

Disappointing in the end for Kildare but at least we showed that overall we can be competitive amongst division 1. Mad end to all the other games! Still think the Dubs will be too strong in Leinster this year but hopefully we are getting closer to being able to put up a real challenge to them there.