GAA Thread 2022

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
First time watching this and it’s a fun sport. Does it have any relation to Aussie rules ? As some of the rules seem similar

Charlie Foley

That's Ireland for you though, every village hates the next, despite 90% of them being related.

I'm just a bitter Dub today. :)
For sure, but there’s always been an obsession down in Kerry about “how many South Kerry lads” vs “how many east Kerry lads” vs Killarney. When I lived in Dublin I never heard anyone seriously talk about the number of south side vs north side players.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
For sure, but there’s always been an obsession down in Kerry about “how many South Kerry lads” vs “how many east Kerry lads” vs Killarney. When I lived in Dublin I never heard anyone seriously talk about the number of south side vs north side players.
No that's just it. It's not Dubs who want to split Dublin! It's everyonefeckingelse :)

Charlie Foley

First time watching this and it’s a fun sport. Does it have any relation to Aussie rules ? As some of the rules seem similar
If you hop on the bandwagon really quick you can celebrate the Warriors-Kerry double header with me. Since Kerry last won the all Ireland in 2014, I have to look up to see if that’s ever happened before in the one summer

Charlie Foley

I fully agree. Entertaining game. Nice to see teams not wearing light blue win something in GAA land.
Played in a great spirit too. No off the ball nastiness from what I saw or heard of
no Ulster or Dublin helped there I reckon

Charlie Foley

That black card non call was scandalous. Otherwise I thought the ref did well.

McDaid was mighty for Galway.