Gabriel Jesus | Arsenal

starman

Amazed they got him for so cheap, 10m less then Moura... Think he could be one to regret not signing

M Bison

Supports
York City
Potentially a cracking front 4 at Citeh this season, Pep seems to have bought well and with minimal fuss.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
No he isn't. :lol:

I've seen all the YouTube videos & even watched a recent Brazil Olympic game to see what all the fuss was about & he looked nothing special. Players like Pogba, Neymar, Hazard were near certain Stars because of their unrivaled technique.

Gabriel doesn't seem to be on that level at all despite playing in a 3rd rate League. I'll be surprised if he turns out to be a success at City.
Hard to argue that Pogba was a certain star at 19, when he left United after being given absolutely zero first team opportunity.

I'm sure I read on here that Rafael managed a game in midfield before Pogba once.

Classical Mechanic

I remember the last young player who was eager to join a club because he thought that Pep was the best manager to develop under. It didn't work out too well in the end for the little dumpling.

sammyvine

Not even close. They're just overloading their forward positions while neglecting everywhere else.

Sane and Jesus could be future worldies, or could be future Scott Sinclairs. Just look at Sterling: if you don't make an immediate impact at City you end up cast out and replaced in the next transfer window.

When it comes to prospects from Brazil, there is no such thing as a "sure thing".
Sane and Jesus will not end up like Sinclar. Be real. Some people just hate for the sake of hating.

Yes young players can go either way and mental and hardwork play an important part in a young players development... But Sane and Jesus are so much more talented than Scott Sinclair ever was.

Also Sterling isn't a finished article yet. He's only 20. As poor as he has been he has plenty of time to turn his form around especially with a coach who will give him better coaching and mentoring than he has ever received in his career so far.

sammyvine

I remember the last young player who was eager to join a club because he thought that Pep was the best manager to develop under. It didn't work out too well in the end for the little dumpling.
Maybe he didn't apply himself and he was lazy?
I do agree i don't pep is the messiah that city fans are making him to be but there is no denying he has a great track record with young players. Coman and Costa looked really good under him last season

Classical Mechanic

Maybe he didn't apply himself and he was lazy?
I do agree i don't pep is the messiah that city fans are making him to be but there is no denying he has a great track record with young players. Coman and Costa looked really good under him last season
Costa is 25! He managed Coman for one season. It is hardly definitive proof of anything.

sammyvine

Costa is 25! He managed Coman for one season. It is hardly definitive proof of anything.
Erm yes it is
Coman has definitely improved in the year he has been at Bayern
Same with Costa. Costa was very inconsistent...why do you think it took so long for him to get out of Ukraine? You can see the improvement he has made to his game under Bayern coaching.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I actually think they've done better business than us. Seems like the roles have been reversed and now they're going for the profile of player we always used to target to create a dominant team with staying power.
You had two different squads with two different problems. Our's is a young squad in desperate need of ready made class players.
Theirs is an old squad in need of some young blood.
They've not had a better window. Their weakest area hasn't improved much. Considering their only signing is out till December.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Erm yes it is
Coman has definitely improved in the year he has been at Bayern
Same with Costa. Costa was very inconsistent...why do you think it took so long for him to get out of Ukraine? You can see the improvement he has made to his game under Bayern coaching.
Costa is still very inconsistent.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

I've seen all the YouTube videos & even watched a recent Brazil Olympic game to see what all the fuss was about & he looked nothing special. Players like Pogba, Neymar, Hazard were near certain Stars because of their unrivaled technique.

Gabriel doesn't seem to be on that level at all despite playing in a 3rd rate League. I'll be surprised if he turns out to be a success at City.
Shit, you watched some clips on Youtube AND a friendly match? Wow, I thought we'd signed a huge talent, but evidently not :(

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona

Ehhh... it was an obvious joke.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
So are they signing three players in three days? Sane yesterday, Jesus today and Moreno tomorrow?

Ruffian

Supports
Liverpool
As good a prospect as Dembele, I think. Their attack is looking formidable.

Count Orduck

I've got friends in Brazil who have been raving about this guy for ages. They were sure he was Barcelona-bound. If what they say is true, he's better than Neymar, which is a scary prospect to have at City!

So are they signing three players in three days? Sane yesterday, Jesus today and Moreno tomorrow?
Don't forget Stones the day after!

Brightonian

Should have went to a team that has a track record of developing youth players. He could easily turn to out to be the next Robinho at City.
They'll surely be different under Pep. Besides, they're terrible for their home-grown youth players. An expensive, hyped Brazilian import is hardly the same thing.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I've got friends in Brazil who have been raving about this guy for ages. They were sure he was Barcelona-bound. If what they say is true, he's better than Neymar, which is a scary prospect to have at City!

He isnt as good as Neymar.

Noc-Z

ffs
Nailed on to be a future star.

I don't think we're that attractive to young forwards. We already have Munir, Turan, Denis Suarez and Rafinha, all can play up front. Yet they won't really get that many appearances there unless in the case of a MSN injury or playing in the Copa del Rey.
Future stars are never nailed on! Some fulfill their potential many more don't.

R'hllor

There was, and I think the player himself owned a part of him as he received some of the transfer fee.
Well guess thats better option then to be part owned of some agency,Pini Zahavi type of thing for example.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Have a hard time believing that. I dont think I've ever heard anyone say they feel he's that good, even if he's touted as a potential top player.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So, in January they will have five offensive wonderkids (Sterling, Sané, Zinchenko, Ihenacho, Jesus) in an offensive unit consisting of three established top class players (De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva) and a couple of good other attackers. How in the world is Guardiola supposed to fit them all in and develop them properly? Even with the amount of games City will probably play this will be a bloody competition and one hell of a task to balance that all.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So, in January they will have five offensive wonderkids (Sterling, Sané, Zinchenko, Ihenacho, Jesus) in an offensive unit consisting of three established top class players (De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva) and a couple of good other attackers. How in the world is Guardiola supposed to fit them all in and develop them properly? Even with the amount of games City will probably play this will be a bloody competition and one hell of a task to balance that all.
Guardiola will probably try to hipster them in as wingbacks or central mids.

Noc-Z

ffs
I actually think they've done better business than us. Seems like the roles have been reversed and now they're going for the profile of player we always used to target to create a dominant team with staying power.
You cannot be serious with that statement!!! City's signings are seriously underwhelming! Unless you think Gundugon will find a cure for his chronic injury record?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:(

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I saw him at the last U20 WC. Went to all of Brazils games to watch Periera and came away thinking Jesus was Brazils best player. Dont think he is as good as Neymar though.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
This is the Guardiola effect. Bringing real quality to the side, instead of workhorses and athletic freaks. I'm not saying this kid will be the best in the world but he's way more exciting than Neymar was. But then again, I don't rate Neymar that much. I'm afraid Pepe is already turning to be a great choice for Citieh.