Gabriel Jesus | Arsenal

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Are we just going to forget he’s been awful for the 3 years previous?
This is categorically untrue. He was outstanding when fit in both of our title-winning seasons. Unfortunately he suffered bad injuries halfway through both and never got back into the team until the next season because of how good Kompany/Laporte/Otamendi were.

Right now Torres is looking bang average too.
As did Leroy Sané in his first season under Pep, as did Sterling, as did Cancelo, as did Rodri, as did Bernardo Silva and Gundogan and Kompany and Zinchenko and Mahrez.

This is because playing for Pep Guardiola is really really bloody hard. Especially for younger players. Torres has been pretty decent despite his age and fitness issues. If he's still not playing too well in a couple of years then by all means call him a flop. History has shown us that writing off City players too early, more often than not, just makes you look stupid later on.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Clearly John Stones is a different person both on and off the pitch. I know he had personal problems last season but why dwell on his performances in the past. The fact is that he has been absolutely brilliant this season and thank God he wasn't sold last summer.

As a parallel to Stones I must say that Luke Shaw is now also playing brilliantly. Things also looked pretty bleak for him at one point in the past. As far as I am concerned they should both be certain starters for England in the summer.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Gotta love how Stones has been playing for only 3 and half months and was behind Ake in the pecking order and now he’s suddenly “definitely not a flop”. Gotta love how fickle fans are. Nearly every city fan would have admitted he was a flop before coming back into the team. The fact he cost £50m was putting him up there as one of the worst prem signings ever due to his cost. Yes he’s looked decent for the last 3 months but like I said Dias is a huge factor towards that. Even Phil Jones has had spells with Utd where he’s looked a world beater.
By your logic Luke Shaw has been a flop too.

What an ignorant outlook.

Ranie

With the rumour that Jesus will become available this summer and that Arsenal are in for him, would you take him to United?

I mean, he’s 25 and a pretty good finisher with a good work rate. Him being a City player would definitely make things more complicated but if City are willing to sell and we are ready to fork out a few quids I’m not so sure it will be an issue. Thoughts?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If Jack Grealish is available, will Man Utd want him to replace Pogba? He is not playing for City atm.

iamking

Gabriel Jesus was an unfettered beast today. He is usually hot and cold, but if he goes purple the whole season, Arsenal will nick the CL spot.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's really good to see him as the main man. Interested to see his level over a full season, he looked quality during the first part of the game but like the rest of the team the levels dropped after Arsenal took the lead. It's only the first game but I think he's a top signing.

EngimaMK

It's really good to see him as the main man. Interested to see his level over a full season, he looked quality during the first part of the game but like the rest of the team the levels dropped after Arsenal took the lead. It's only the first game but I think he's a top signing.
Spot on. If he stays fit, he will be awesome for them this season. Worrying for us.

Bwuk

I must have been watching a different game. He was barely in the box.

Nero

Hate United, hype everyone else. It's the Redcafe way.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I must have been watching a different game. He was barely in the box.
Great for about 20 minutes then basically disappeared. Anderson handled him very well Plus he doesn’t seem to have the penalty box instincts you’d want in a top striker. Arsenal created very little overall but there were a few dangerous passes into the box where he was nowhere to be seen.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Great for about 20 minutes then basically disappeared. Anderson handled him very well Plus he doesn’t seem to have the penalty box instincts you’d want in a top striker. Arsenal created very little overall but there were a few dangerous passes into the box where he was nowhere to be seen.
Speaking of Anderson, I like the lad, he's got a great pass on him, remember him in his first season at Fulham and we were linked then. Good player.

Bwuk

Agreed.

Can see why he played wide more often at City.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Had one nice run but other than that didn't do much. I'm sure he will do well for them but there is a reason why he never could cement a place as a CF at City.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He was good last night but like City he will snatch at some chances. He never struck me as a player that was clinical but he will upgrade them compared to Lacazette for sure. They do need Martinelli and Saka to chip in with goals to ensure that they get top 4 but last night again showed that they can. I think his aim is so their front 3 can be quite fluid. You could play Saka RW or LW, Jesus RW or CF, Martinelli LW or CF etc. Gives them a lot of options and versatility in attack.

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
This guy has been in phenomenal form since he left City. Always had the talent but performing at a class level since becoming the main man at United.

One question I have. Stephen Howson seems an intelligent United fan. I recall him calling Gabby Sh*t at least 5 times on his podcast. Why doesn’t he rate him as a player ? Would love him at United.

Mike Smalling

If he put more time into target practice in football instead of Counter Strike, he might have more than 3 league goals this season.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

If he put more time into target practice in football instead of Counter Strike, he might have more than 3 league goals this season.
I must be getting old because I have no idea what that Tweet means. :nervous:

Mike Smalling

I must be getting old because I have no idea what that Tweet means. :nervous:
VAC is Valve Anti-Cheat. Valve is the producer of the video game Counter Strike, a first person shooter game played on PC. A skin will make your weapon look different in the game - some of these are rare and therefore expensive (yes, it’s stupid).

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He's been using an Aimbot and/or wallhack allegedly.

He should have got the football aimbot instead.
Aimbot? Wallhack?! :(

VAC is Valve Anti-Cheat. Valve is the producer of the video game Counter Strike, a first person shooter game played on PC. A skin will make your weapon look different in the game - some of these are rare and therefore expensive (yes, it’s stupid).
Becoming slightly clearer now. Feel like I’m in a role reversal, remember when I was explaining gaming lingo to my dad! :rolleyes:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Aimbot? Wallhack?! :(

Becoming slightly clearer now. Feel like I’m in a role reversal, remember when I was explaining gaming lingo to my dad! :rolleyes:
Automatic aim so you don't miss and wallhack so you can see through walls and shoot people through them who can't see you in return.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
38k of skins, absolute madness. Why would you spend that when they can just ban your account and you lose it all. Mental.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

38k of skins, absolute madness. Why would you send that when they can just ban your account and you lose it all. Mental.
It's pretty likely that he has been gifted a lot of those, if his account name is public knowledge (like if he streams it live).

PaulScholes99

38k of skins, absolute madness. Why would you spend that when they can just ban your account and you lose it all. Mental.
I mean, while i don't understand at all why anybody spends money for stuff like a skin in an online game, 38k for someone like Gabriel Jesus isn't much, as he probably earns it in a day. Think it's way more crazy if some "normal" person spends like 200+€ on an online game, just for skins.