Gabriel Jesus | Arsenal

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Thought he was the second coming...
Been a bit wrecked by injuries, he hasn't been the same since he got injured during the World Cup. Think Arteta isn't sure where to play him ATM. Gave him a chance to potentially get his CF spot back today which didn't go well..

Robbie Boy

Been a bit wrecked by injuries, he hasn't been the same since he got injured during the World Cup. Think Arteta isn't sure where to play him ATM. Gave him a chance to potentially get his CF spot back today which didn't go well..
He was a promising player when he was younger but imo, he's nothing more than a squad option for a top club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He doesn't want to play CF, think Vickery even said that as they had the same problem with Brazil. He's like Rashford in that regard. He's a wide forward and will get you a lot of goals from that position in a good team.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
He was a promising player when he was younger but imo, he's nothing more than a squad option for a top club.
It's looking that way. He is so good technically but can't stay fit for long enough and can't finish. Not that I'm complaining. Another cameo like the one vs Bayern would do me just fine.

Mike Smalling

How does he only have 4 league goals this season playing for this Arsenal side? Somehow Nketiah has more.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
How does he only have 4 league goals this season playing for this Arsenal side? Somehow Nketiah has more.
Hes admitted that he’s still playing with pain in his knee ever since the World Cup injury. We all know he wasn’t the most clinical anyway but he still added lots to the team, however his performances haven’t been the same since. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll go for another operation to try and solve the issue.

The problem for him as I don’t think Arsenal will stand still and wait on him. So he might find it tough to get back into the team as bona fide first choice.

Bole Top

he's just a decent forward that doesn't really score goals even when he's playing at great teams such as City or current Arsenal. Porto, Villarreal, Dortmund... that's more his level as a main striker/forward.

Mike Smalling

Hes admitted that he’s still playing with pain in his knee ever since the World Cup injury. We all know he wasn’t the most clinical anyway but he still added lots to the team, however his performances haven’t been the same since. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll go for another operation to try and solve the issue.

The problem for him as I don’t think Arsenal will stand still and wait on him. So he might find it tough to get back into the team as bona fide first choice.
Fair enough. Yeah, Arsenal shouldn't wait on him - if a reliable goalscoring striker that fits the system becomes available, I'd go for that. Sometimes it seems like Arsenal could really use something different up front than the small, quick and technical type that Saka, Martinelli, Jesus, Trossard and Nketiah roughly fit in to. A new Giroud, if you will.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Fair enough. Yeah, Arsenal shouldn't wait on him - if a reliable goalscoring striker that fits the system becomes available, I'd go for that. Sometimes it seems like Arsenal could really use something different up front than the small, quick and technical type that Saka, Martinelli, Jesus, Trossard and Nketiah roughly fit in to. A new Giroud, if you will.
I almost think Havertz is becoming that type of player, but even then he’s not a reliable goal scorer.

Honestly, I’m really struggling with who i think is the best forward target.

Are guys like Toney, Gyokeres, Solanke really level raisers? Do you decide to gamble and get a younger striker and develop them like Utd with Hojlund, so a Sesko, Zirzkee, Ferguson type player?

2 names for me stand out. Osimhen, but it’s a hell of an outlay in fee and wages, and I think teams like PSG might offer him the world.

The other name is Isak, but again you are talking about a massive fee, and you’re really relying on Newcastle being forced to sell for PSR reasons, and we don’t even know if that will really be the case and they would really loathe to do.

Its a big decision and 1 I’m glad I don’t have to make, because unlike with Declan Rice, I don’t think there’s a candidate really screaming out at you.

Mike Smalling

I almost think Havertz is becoming that type of player, but even then he’s not a reliable goal scorer.

Honestly, I’m really struggling with who i think is the best forward target.

Are guys like Toney, Gyokeres, Solanke really level raisers? Do you decide to gamble and get a younger striker and develop them like Utd with Hojlund, so a Sesko, Zirzkee, Ferguson type player?

2 names for me stand out. Osimhen, but it’s a hell of an outlay in fee and wages, and I think teams like PSG might offer him the world.

The other name is Isak, but again you are talking about a massive fee, and you’re really relying on Newcastle being forced to sell for PSR reasons, and we don’t even know if that will really be the case and they would really loathe to do.

Its a big decision and 1 I’m glad I don’t have to make, because unlike with Declan Rice, I don’t think there’s a candidate really screaming out at you.
I’d go for Toney. I think he has that bit of arrogance needed, he’s mature as a player, and provides something Arsenal doesn’t currently have. He’d fit like a glove.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I’d go for Toney. I think he has that bit of arrogance needed, he’s mature as a player, and provides something Arsenal doesn’t currently have. He’d fit like a glove.
Toney is really good, he is also the closest thing to Kane in terms of style. He has such a positive impact wherever he finds himself on the pitch. In Dutch we call it gogme, he just makes good decisions a lot of the time and can get shots off so easily.

Robbie Boy

Toney would be an instant upgrade but I'm not sure if he's good enough either tbh.