Gabriel Jesus | Arsenal

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Phenomenal copa america by him. He was not boxed into a role by Guardiola and showed his dribbling and explosive runs he was showing before City.

Some compared him to Chicharito here.. Hah..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’ve never seen him as anything more than above average at City. Benefits massively from his City surroundings.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
You see that penalty miss? That one in Saudi Arabia? That dreadful kick that went off target?

You see that?

Well that was Liverpool’s fault...well Joe Gomez’s fault at the very least.

OverratedOpinion

Half decent player in a team that creates chances for fun. Not bad by any means and if he is happy with a career as backup then he is a bit of a dream.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
According to Transfer Market, his penalty taking success rate is lower than 50%.
When he first arrived at Man City, Pep dropped Aguero for him and he had a goal or assist every game. Maybe he has been found out?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's just far too casual with them.

Trying to look cool and roll them into the side netting instead of just picking a corner and hitting it with good enough power that precision isn't so important.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's just far too casual with them.

Trying to look cool and roll them into the side netting instead of just picking a corner and hitting it with good enough power that precision isn't so important.
It's almost as if he's trying to copy Jorginho.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's almost as if he's trying to copy Jorginho.
Perhaps. I think he just wants to look cool.

jorginho does a similar style with his little gallop but it actually works as he doesn’t give away which corner he’s going.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
Perhaps. I think he just wants to look cool.

jorginho does a similar style with his little gallop but it actually works as he doesn’t give away which corner he’s going.
More importantly, he actually hits the target..

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Geez, his penalty record must be atrocious. Neymar tends to pass them into the net, I think that's who he's copying more than anybody but Neymar is actually very good at that.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Been over taken by Rashford comfortably.
Funny, isn't it? Jesus was hyped up when he was at Palmeiras (?), apparently the next big thing and all that, while I reckon no one even heard of Rashford before that Midgetland game.

Jesus is a good player in his own right but Rashford is clearly superior at the moment.

TheReligion

Abusive
Funny, isn't it? Jesus was hyped up when he was at Palmeiras (?), apparently the next big thing and all that, while I reckon no one even heard of Rashford before that Midgetland game.

Jesus is a good player in his own right but Rashford is clearly superior at the moment.
I think many here preferred Jesus when he burst on the scene but he's actually a very limited player. Rashford is by far the better footballer and is still improving and adding to his game.

Funny when you consider one has pep coaching him and the other has not had any settled coach or backroom staff..

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think many here preferred Jesus when he burst on the scene but he's actually a very limited player. Rashford is by far the better footballer and is still improving and adding to his game.

Funny when you consider one has pep coaching him and the other has not had any settled coach or backroom staff..
You haven't seen much of him then, simple as that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I've seen enough to know he's well behind Rashford and is far more limited than our Marcus which is the point.
Not talking about the comparison between him and Rashford (that's another story). Calling Jesus limited makes no sense. He's shown for country and club his qualities apart from scoring, which made your comment strange at best.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not talking about the comparison between him and Rashford (that's another story). Calling Jesus limited makes no sense. He's shown for country and club his qualities apart from scoring, which made your comment strange at best.
I think he's pretty limited for a modern forward

SER19

Danny Murphy quote from two seasons ago still gets me. The best young player since Messi.

A perfect example of media madness with no big picture opinion at all. Just like a pack of dogs around a burst packet of sausages

padr81

Supports
Man City
Has a marginally better scoring rate than Rashford this season albeit in a much stronger team. Also has the same amount of assists in 800 less minutes. Rashford is the better player imho but the gap is not nearly as big as many make out.

Jesus also has 4 CL goals in 5 apps, Rashford 1 EL goal in 4.

Jesus has a far superior record at interntional level per game but I don't have the minutes to compare fairly as Rashford likely was a sub in a lot more games.

For the record though Jesus 39 caps 19 goals, Rashford 38 caps 10 goals also Rashford has played much more as a winger and likely a lot less minutes so you'd expect Jesus to outshine him here.

Last edited: