Gabriel (Lille player) / signed for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He has the face of someone who would make 17 appearances for Arsenal and then get loaned to Nantes.

dev1l

Never saw him play.

Will watch a couple of YouTube videos and then I can give you my "expert advice".
:)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
There have been rumours for months that he’s one of our targets. Maybe your interest is being used as a fake agent move as usual.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Suspect Lille are trying to shop him. He’s been on the brink of leaving for various clubs for months.

IrishMcD

Been heavily linked to Everton for months now, by some fairly reliable sources as well as far as I remember

paulscholes18

Ticks all the boxes we need for a CB, strong, quick, good in the air & decent on the ball

Ekeke

Havent seen him. Stats suggest he likes a tackle more than our CBs and decent in the air. Lille have joint 4th best defensive record in France. Likes a long ball

Might be worth interest, might not

Brophs

The One and Only
He has the face of someone who would make 17 appearances for Arsenal and then get loaned to Nantes.
But then, needless to say, has the last laugh by getting a move to Valencia, where he plays 14 games in 3 seasons, before being sold to Nimes.

Womp

idiot
Article says Napoli has agreed terms with him already, whilst we are just 'waiting for updates' on offers. Even if the source (whose reliability is really taking a hit with United news of late), is correct, then it's still a no go. Would be a good signing though. If we look hard enough, with the amount of upcoming CB talents, I'm sure we could get a very good talent for an affordable price. Can't just buy Koulibaly's every year, especially when a good chunk of our budget will probably be spent on Sancho.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Interesting. Thought he was pretty nailed on for Napoli, must be a few interesting options then.

ovoxo

I think if we were in for him we’d have heard more. The only real links from memory is the Duncan Castles one. I think he’ll still end up at Napoli.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Napoli leading Everton in the chase for the Lille CB according to L'Equipe.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think if we were in for him we’d have heard more. The only real links from memory is the Duncan Castles one. I think he’ll still end up at Napoli.
There are rumours he was on Mourinhos list, so could just be a hangover from that. Castles was much more reliable then.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There are rumours he was on Mourinhos list, so could just be a hangover from that. Castles was much more reliable then.
Duncan Castle is only reliable if it has something to do with Mourinho. Other than anything related to Mourinho, he talked BS.

-Supreme-

Our success rate has been relatively poor when other clubs are heavily linked over the past two years, it will be interesting to see how this one goes if the rumour is to be believed.

davidmichael

Has anyone actually seen him play ? I mean actually watched him regularly rather than YouTube highlights ? I was under the impression Ake was City bound and if Napoli and PSG are also after Gabriel then he must have something about him.

I read he’s left footed so I’m taking it as he’d be understudy to Maguire seeing as Maguire favours the left side. I’d be happy to see the back of Bailly, Jones and Rojo so bringing Gabriel in alongside Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and a returning Smalling works for me.

macheda14

Has anyone actually seen him play ? I mean actually watched him regularly rather than YouTube highlights ? I was under the impression Ake was City bound and if Napoli and PSG are also after Gabriel then he must have something about him.

I read he’s left footed so I’m taking it as he’d be understudy to Maguire seeing as Maguire favours the left side. I’d be happy to see the back of Bailly, Jones and Rojo so bringing Gabriel in alongside Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and a returning Smalling works for me.
I mean it’s odd though because Ole said to Ake that we are looking for a left footed centre back. So you’d assume we might want to push Maguire to the right.

Zoo

That French paper said we bid for Pepe last year so their relability is questionable despite what GFFN says.

ArjenIsM3

Lille just bought Sven Botman from Ajax, who is a LCB. Said in an interview they told him he's been bought to be a starting player. Gabriel's replacement has been bought then.

Status
Not open for further replies.