Gabriel (Lille player) / signed for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I am still not completely convinced.

I am not saying I think Bouhafsi is making it up. I am sure he's just reporting what he's been told. However, who is the one doing the telling? Gabriel's camp? Lille? Trying to drum up interest or start an auction?

Let's see what happens from here. There are so many agendas at play during the transfer window. Agents tell journalists stuff, scouts, clubs etc. Journalists just write what they hear. Sometimes it's the reality of the situation, sometimes it's designed by their source to create pressure or push a move, sometimes it's Gaitan.

Thiagoal

I suspect (hope) Pau Torres is first choice and Gabriel is the back up plan...

-Supreme-

We haven't had any competitions in any of our recent purchases so it'd be interesting to see if we will beat other clubs to the signing.

drmuji

If Bouhafsi has said it regarding a player playing in France then that's as legitimate as it gets.
By the looks of him, he is thought of as a backup. I think Ole really fancies MagLof Partnership and as said earlier if he wants to use a back 3.
I am presuming that by next season we will have 4 CBs. As I still rate Eric as a Good defender. A proper vidic type, all in defender ...

Thanks @Tom Van Persie for such detailed and good read

OleGunnar20

Never seen him play. Looks decent if unspectacular from YouTube, good at getting a foot in and harrying his man.

I wonder from anyone who's watched him properly - is he quick / strong in the air?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
And in other news...we’re in negotiations for Badiashile. All supposedly reliable sources.

If we've been monitoring Badiashile since he was a ‘kid’ then I’d prefer to believe he’s the one we’re after

croadyman

And in other news...we’re in negotiations for Badiashile. All supposedly reliable sources.

If we've been monitoring Badiashile since he was a ‘kid’ then I’d prefer to believe he’s the one we’re after
Who reliable has linked us to Badashile

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So we are linked with Gabriel, Badiashile both left footed CB. Maybe Ole really said about left footed CB when he spoke to Ake.

SteveW

Having watched a few videos I can't pick out any obvious problems. Tall, fast, strong, aggressive, comfortable on the ball and good passing range on his left. Looks good.

There's obviously loads you can't see on a youtube video. You'd need to watch some games but on first impressions I see no glaring reasons not to trust Ole and his teams judgement on this one. They haven't got a signing wrong yet.

Dazzmondo

Never seen him play. Looks decent if unspectacular from YouTube, good at getting a foot in and harrying his man.

I wonder from anyone who's watched him properly - is he quick / strong in the air?
He is strong in the air and he's relatively quick. As an athlete he fits the bill. I'm not very convinced by his positioning though. I've seen him push forward to make a tackle and leave a load of space in behind a few times. That's exactly what Bailly does and is the type of thing we should be trying to avoid in a cb. The defence needs to be compact and communicate well. Considering I've already seen problems in this regard and he would probably also have to learn English which might make communicating even more difficult for him at the start, this makes me even more concerned about him as a potential signing.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Who reliable has linked us to Badashile
I said supposedly. Saw it on Get French Football News

I have no idea if it’s conjecture or not. I’ll leave it to the experts to tell me if it’s crap or not!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Badiashile sounds more badass than Gabrielle. Hence we should sign the former.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I said supposedly. Saw it on Get French Football News

I have no idea if it’s conjecture or not. I’ll leave it to the experts to tell me if it’s crap or not!
I don't think anyone reliable reported it. Probably We are just using that to negotiate with Lille

-Supreme-

Interesting that Duncan Castles had reported this link way ahead of everyone else, probably worth keeping an eye out for his tweets

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He's like Rudiger especially physically, pace and on the ball.

OleGunnar20

He is strong in the air and he's relatively quick. As an athlete he fits the bill. I'm not very convinced by his positioning though. I've seen him push forward to make a tackle and leave a load of space in behind a few times. That's exactly what Bailly does and is the type of thing we should be trying to avoid in a cb. The defence needs to be compact and communicate well. Considering I've already seen problems in this regard and he would probably also have to learn English which might make communicating even more difficult for him at the start, this makes me even more concerned about him as a potential signing.
Thanks for that, sounds like a definite question mark. We need someone with the pace & awareness to cover around Maguire, especially against the more skillful, pacey runners. Positioning will undoubtedly be important there.

But hey, if this turns out to be Ole's guy I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't gone far wrong with his transfer dealings up until now.

VanGaalEra

Get the feeling it’s Lille using our name tbh, trying to get the likes of Everton and Napoli to start a bidding war.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Amazing. This guy was in Dinamo Zagreb B team and was released as not good. And now he will end up in top club

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
And that’s good is it?
Depends on how you rate Rudiger, I don't rate Rudiger but some people in here actually rated Rudiger 2 seasons ago and also when he was at Roma. From what I watched in the game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this season, he's their best defender (the only one good) in their back four.

Is he better than Rojo. Yes.
Is he better than Lindelof. Not sure, need to watch him more.

Just like Rudiger, he has pace, same height, physically looks similar, his ball playing is nothing special. He won aerial duel to Tammy & Willian but lost it once to Azpilicueta.

I need to watch more games about his defending but his defending intelligent isn't that bad, he's not a rush defender like Bailly from that Chelsea game. I personally prefer Pau Torres.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How quick is this guy
Not lightening quick but quicker than the two we currently have according to what I have read.

I haven't ever watched him play but apparently he can ping a ball over the top to the forwards with deadly accuracy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not lightening quick but quicker than the two we currently have according to what I have read.

I haven't ever watched him play but apparently he can ping a ball over the top to the forwards with deadly accuracy.
Don't get your hope too much.

croadyman

Well if he is quicker than what we have and can ping a ball that's good for me

E-mal

But in all honesty though, I don't think he is good enough. He appears flawed to me. Whatever defender we get from this point should have little weaknesses, won't even mind a young prospect than another flawed defender.

nainaisson

I am not saying I think Bouhafsi is making it up. I am sure he's just reporting what he's been told. However, who is the one doing the telling? Gabriel's camp? Lille? Trying to drum up interest or start an auction?
He tweeted out/reported false information about United being interested in Fabinho to help him find a buyer, so we already know he can't be trusted. If I had to guess, I'd say he's doing the same thing here.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Okay I was watching the wrong highlights before. He looks very physically imposing and has presence similar to Van Dijk and Kabak who's my first choice for CB.

6:42 :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.