Gabriel Martinelli

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looks like the real deal unfortunately. Can’t wait for the inevitable week to week comparisons with Greenwood :boring:
Everyone hates player comparisons when their fave is not shitting all over the other one. Seen it for years on here. Used to read so many ‘Rooney is just better than Ronaldo’ slowly change to a ‘why do we have to compare them?’ Or ‘why can’t we just enjoy that we have both?’.

Craig Ward

Think people are getting carried away - besides the goal he was poor throughout.

Like all youngsters - he is learning and will develop. It was a cool finish but how he got there was pure fortune. Awful tough, awful control and Kante just fell over.

His general play is lacking from what i've seen but of course he will get better with time. Too look good in that Arsenal team is no real achievement in truth.

All this talk of his trial with us - its no big deal. Hundreds of players get turned away here - it happens to every club.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
Think people are getting carried away - besides the goal he was poor throughout.

Like all youngsters - he is learning and will develop. It was a cool finish but how he got there was pure fortune. Awful tough, awful control and Kante just fell over.

His general play is lacking from what i've seen but of course he will get better with time. Too look good in that Arsenal team is no real achievement in truth.

All this talk of his trial with us - its no big deal. Hundreds of players get turned away here - it happens to every club.
He wasn't poor throughout, he made the most sprints on the pitch, tracked back relentlessly and caused problems on the break.
Too look good in that Arsenal team you do actually have to be a good player!
It's odd how the CAF cannot praise other clubs talents without pouring scorn on them just because he's not in a United shirt.

Gutted we didnt sign him when we had a chance. I heard it was due to LVG and basically taking our eyes off the ball.

Siorac

Nobody would pay £60 million for him just yet! Arsenal would bite their hands off if they did.
Would they though? It's not money they need most of all but actual quality in their team.

I mean, I'd be pretty bloody annoyed if we sold Greenwood for 60M even though it'd be tremendous money for him at this stage of his career. But his potential is worth more than the money we'd probably squander on some garbage.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Decent, low risk transfer from Arse that could end up being a huge bargain.
Would be cool if Edu could get us a few of these freebies even if they turns out to be just okay. Reinier was rumoured at some point but Real dropped their big dick checkbook and it was over before it even started...

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
He wasn't poor throughout, he made the most sprints on the pitch, tracked back relentlessly and caused problems on the break.
It's odd how the CAF cannot praise other clubs talents without pouring scorn on them just because he's not in a United shirt.

Gutted we didnt sign him when we had a chance. I heard it was due to LVG and basically taking our eyes off the ball.
Well said, I can confirm most forums are like this though, as for Martinelli he is an exciting talent and from what his ex coaches say he is very level headed so hopefully he keeps his feet on the ground despite all the hype, wish our fans stayed calm but nothing is more exciting than a young player coming into the side and looking good...As for the goal I was happy to see him score one that required him to think for a long time, most his goals so far have been very instinctive so was very happy so see how calm he was when finishing that goal, too much time to think has been the undoing of many a centre forward

Hoof the ball

His general play is his strength. He has superb technique and instinct for his age.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Could finish with 15+ goals this season which would be a phenomenal return. He looks a cracking player in the making, can see why Klopp is such a big fan. Super hard working and has the footballing skills to back it up. No other player put in as many sprints as him yesterday, full of energy.

Got lucky with Kante's slip but still had plenty to do after that, so called better strikers would have fecked up from there.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Could finish with 15+ goals this season which would be a phenomenal return. He looks a cracking player in the making, can see why Klopp is such a big fan. Super hard working and has the footballing skills to back it up. No other player put in as many sprints as him yesterday, full of energy.

Got lucky with Kante's slip but still had plenty to do after that, so called better strikers would have fecked up from there.
Took it reall well I thought

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Would they though? It's not money they need most of all but actual quality in their team.

I mean, I'd be pretty bloody annoyed if we sold Greenwood for 60M even though it'd be tremendous money for him at this stage of his career. But his potential is worth more than the money we'd probably squander on some garbage.
I think someone like Greenwood is different. He's a local kid the club spent years developing. Martinelli has been at Arsenal for a few months, if they could flip him for a huge profit, they would.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Saw this on Twitter

Gabriel Martinelli today: • 90 minutes played • Second least touches out of any outfield player (37) • Lost the most duels of any player (15) • 8 accurate passes (57% success rate) • 0/3 accurate crosses • 0/3 successful dribbles • 1 goal scored from an error
Very false stats from someone who didn't watch the game. Martinelli was man-of-the-match, easily the best player on the field. Brilliant both defensively and in attack. A future top player no doubt. He is 18 and he cost them £6m, unbelievable.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Hands off. Klopp can plunder the Bundesliga all he likes
Klopp talking about him back in November:

"Martinelli’s... a talent of the century, he’s an incredible striker."​

Then followed up a few days later again:

"He’s 18 years old, right? So our scouting department is all over the world and stuff like this, but I think Edu gets all the credit for that signing – he came from… wherever.​
He’s really unbelievable. So young, looks so mature already, is a proper threat. Yeah, he looks like a really decent player.​
But I didn’t want to put any backpack [pressure] on his back with this thing [his earlier remarks] but I just really like good football players and obviously he’s a very good one."​

Bid in the summer?

Drainy

Klopp talking about him back in November:

"Martinelli’s... a talent of the century, he’s an incredible striker."​

Then followed up a few days later again:

"He’s 18 years old, right? So our scouting department is all over the world and stuff like this, but I think Edu gets all the credit for that signing – he came from… wherever.​
He’s really unbelievable. So young, looks so mature already, is a proper threat. Yeah, he looks like a really decent player.​
But I didn’t want to put any backpack [pressure] on his back with this thing [his earlier remarks] but I just really like good football players and obviously he’s a very good one."​

Bid in the summer?
But not deemed good enough for Man Utd after four trials with the club :lol:

He must have a weird gait or something

Craig Ward

think your missing the point, im happy to praise the good in other teams players, just dont get the way he's over hyped because of one goal.

All this "gutted we missed out on him" is nonsense talk - like i said, hundreds of youngsters come for trails here and we pass up on them. It's the way it is.

Saka was way better on the night, but no ones mentioning that? Martinelli scored a decent goal - thats it.

Murali

Saw this on Twitter

Gabriel Martinelli today: • 90 minutes played • Second least touches out of any outfield player (37) • Lost the most duels of any player (15) • 8 accurate passes (57% success rate) • 0/3 accurate crosses • 0/3 successful dribbles • 1 goal scored from an error
How it is 0/3 successful dribbles. When he actually dribble past kante (slipped)
to score that goal

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
think your missing the point, im happy to praise the good in other teams players, just dont get the way he's over hyped because of one goal.

All this "gutted we missed out on him" is nonsense talk - like i said, hundreds of youngsters come for trails here and we pass up on them. It's the way it is.

Saka was way better on the night, but no ones mentioning that? Martinelli scored a decent goal - thats it.
The hype isn't based on 1 goal. He is hyped because of his 10+ goals which for an 18 yr old in his first season in Europe is exceptional.

The fact that he was passed up on and the we then sign players who'll be nowhere near this lad is what is wrong with the club.

Craig Ward

The hype isn't based on 1 goal. He is hyped because of his 10+ goals which for an 18 yr old in his first season in Europe is exceptional.

The fact that he was passed up on and the we then sign players who'll be nowhere near this lad is what is wrong with the club.
We pass up on hundreds of players - you cant judge the club because one of them has started to do well.

This kind of thing happens to every single club - its just bashing our club for the sake of it

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
You're bashing a player for the sake of it, genius.

Exciting talent, still a long way to go but very promising performances so far. Looks up for the fight with the big boys which is good to see.

Davie Moyes

How old was he when we passed him up? Did I read 14 somewhere? A player can come on leaps and bounds in a short space at that age
Or maybe he did not do himself justice at the trials. I think this constant mentioning of Utd passing him up is the usual sticking the boot into Utd when we are down. The funny thing is our academy has been turned around and doing really in the last couple of years.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
As tick follows tock...

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He is our brightest prospect, has a strong relationship with Edu, appears to get along well with Arteta, has a contact until 2024, and likely will be getting a new contract before the year is out. He will probably leave one day but it won't be for many years and I highly doubt the destination will be Liverpool.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Ronaldinho tips Martinelli to follow in the footstep of L.Ronaldo.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...lli-follow-footsteps-Brazil-icon-Ronaldo.html

Is he really that good? I thought he is more or less equal to Greenwood at the moment, both are only 18 and had already scored 10 goals this season.

Looks like Arsenal has hit the jackpot.
Too early to say. So far he is a just a promising young player and there is no point to overhype him as the next R9, and he definitely isn't imo. Arteta definitely gives him chance in the team so it is good for his development.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Big blow for the kid.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Looks a good player.

Has he been picked purely because Aubameyang was dropped or has he been picked even before that a bit regularly by Arteta?

Seemed like I only really saw him come on as a sub before.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Looks a good player.

Has he been picked purely because Aubameyang was dropped or has he been picked even before that a bit regularly by Arteta?

Seemed like I only really saw him come on as a sub before.
Laca was picked ahead of Auba.

Martinelli got into the due to an injury from Smith-Rowe and Gabi has instantly impressed. And there is only one place next to Ödegaard and Saka.