Gabriel Martinelli

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
The sad part is if he develops well we won't be able to keep it and he will probably go to Barcelona.
Not necessarily. He went to Barca for trials but they rejected him. If he develops into a phenomenal player I'm sure the club will closely manage his contract situation and ensure he won't be available on the cheap or at all. Edu was key to signing the kid and his role as Technical Director at Arsenal will be key.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Completely untrue. Most fans want to wait and see what happens.
None of us can have any idea of the percentages but there is a hell of a lot of people that are against him because of the horrific football he us playing, the forest game and last night were enjoyable, but until he does is against top teams he is not going to be popular with the fan base, once he has the fullbacks fit it has to improve

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal have largely abandoned the tippy-tappy stuff, but it's unfair to say they are now sheet, because their results (which is the only thing that matters in football) are definitely better this season than in the last two, which is a sign of improvement. If a team is winning it makes no sense to describe their football as sheet.
We are actually pretty sheet, maybe that will change as certain players get fit but Arsenal fans are not to hopeful right now

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's too soon to say anything about the kid. Let's see if he can keep this up, let's see how he adapts when defenses start focusing on his flaws and taking away his strengths, let's see how healthy he stays, let's see how focused he is when he starts getting far more attention than he's ever been used to.

There are just so many factors beyond talent and ability to make any kind of statements about a kid his age. It's exciting that Arsenal have him on their team, but let's see how all of the above develops with him before regretting letting him get away years ago.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
None of us can have any idea of the percentages but there is a hell of a lot of people that are against him because of the horrific football he us playing, the forest game and last night were enjoyable, but until he does is against top teams he is not going to be popular with the fan base, once he has the fullbacks fit it has to improve
Really? So Arsenal are currently 4th on the table (and might even be 3rd by Sunday night), in ten matches so far they have lost only once (away to Europe's best team which is beating everybody for fun), they are playing brilliantly in Europa and Carabao winning emphatically (scoring 12 without conceding at all in 3 matches) despite fielding a largely experimental bunch of unknown kids, yet according to you they are playing "horrific football", in fact it's so horrific that "a hell lot of people" want the manager sacked? You are unbelievable, your analysis of football is very strange and weird indeed. Or you just absolutely hate the guy.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I wish I shared your optimism Che Guevara. I think we've been average at best.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That header is ridiculous. Love his movement in the box too.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I wish I shared your optimism Che Guevara. I think we've been average at best.
Average with 2 quality attacking fullbacks yet to fully come back in and 4th in the table with genuinely exciting youngsters starting ahead of duds like Mkhi who have been let go on loan. I’m pretty optimistic about this season.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Average with 2 quality attacking fullbacks yet to fully come back in and 4th in the table with genuinely exciting youngsters starting ahead of duds like Mkhi who have been let go on loan. I’m pretty optimistic about this season.
KT and Bellerin are great. And I like that we are playing our talented youngsters.

But when half your CB options include Luiz and Mustafi then you can't be expecting much.

We are also invite unneeded/unnecessary pressure due to Emery's conservative, dour and boring style.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Really? So Arsenal are currently 4th on the table (and might even be 3rd by Sunday night), in ten matches so far they have lost only once (away to Europe's best team which is beating everybody for fun), they are playing brilliantly in Europa and Carabao winning emphatically (scoring 12 without conceding at all in 3 matches) despite fielding a largely experimental bunch of unknown kids, yet according to you they are playing "horrific football", in fact it's so horrific that "a hell lot of people" want the manager sacked? You are unbelievable, your analysis of football is very strange and weird indeed. Or you just absolutely hate the guy.
Sorry but you clearly haven't watched our league games. The football has been tumescent and we've conceeded the most shots on goal in the PL

Yes against lowly none PL competition we've looked good but not in the PL. Also we got better results last season in Spurs home and Watford away

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Sorry but you clearly haven't watched our league games. The football has been tumescent and we've conceeded the most shots on goal in the PL

Yes against lowly none PL competition we've looked good but not in the PL. Also we got better results last season in Spurs home and Watford away
I'm not saying Arsenal have been playing fantastic football and smashing all opponents, or that they will win a treble. They certainly still need to sort out their defence. But to describe them as playing horrific football and to even claim most fans want the manager sacked makes no sense at all. What about the teams below them then, how do you describe their football?

Last edited:

Ekeke

I mean, its still great to be in the top 4 but yes conceding 18 shots per game and having fewer shots than United is pretty bad - although more on target than us. 3rd least tackles, 4th least interceptions. Its clear that you guys lack aggression and competitiveness in the midfield and defense.

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
He's contributed much more than I thought he would at the start of the season. We've had a few South American talents come to Arsenal only to be sent out on loan for most of their career with nothing to show for it.

Only downside to this is Nketiah. Whilst he's doing well on loan at Leeds I worry that when he returns he'll be 4th choice striker and end up leaving. Arsenal really need to manage the situation carefully given Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, Martinelli, Nelson, Saka, Pepe, Smith-Rowe are all vying for just 3 spots.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I mean, its still great to be in the top 4 but yes conceding 18 shots per game and having fewer shots than United is pretty bad - although more on target than us. 3rd least tackles, 4th least interceptions. Its clear that you guys lack aggression and competitiveness in the midfield and defense.
I blame Emery. Boring tactics that invite unnecessary pressure.

Torreira should be starting every single game he can. The ideal midfield would be Ozil ahead of Ceballos and Torreira, but we will never see this.

But now Xhaka is the captain he won't ever drop him.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure why you are so heated over this. First of all if you are going to highlight a part, make it a part that is wrong, I mean no one knowing the percentages is a feck and secondly yes the football has been horrific, though if you are basing it on having watched us I can imagine it was pretty exciting, I mean a team almost playing without a midfield is great to watch, unless you support that team of course and yes obviously you are not going to take the word of actual Arsenal fans but you can do your own homework on it because I see no point in debating with someone who does not want to believe something even from people who might see the unrest themselves

The cups games have been great though frankfurt could have been well ahead before we even scored, only the forest and liege game have been convincing and forest were more interested in their championship game on the Friday for obvious reasons and wenger showed how easy the group stages in Europa league as well so its hardly an achievement

As I think I said as the fullbacks come back a lot of fans a hopeful the football will look a lot better

Ekeke

I blame Emery. Boring tactics that invite unnecessary pressure.

Torreira should be starting every single game he can. The ideal midfield would be Ozil ahead of Ceballos and Torreira, but we will never see this.

But now Xhaka is the captain he won't ever drop him.
Normally I'd say that sounds too offensive but... what can you possibly lose when you already give away the most shots? Maybe it would be 19 instead of 18 shots you face. But you'd gain a lot going forward

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Not sure why you are so heated over this. First of all if you are going to highlight a part, make it a part that is wrong, I mean no one knowing the percentages is a feck and secondly yes the football has been horrific, though if you are basing it on having watched us I can imagine it was pretty exciting, I mean a team almost playing without a midfield is great to watch, unless you support that team of course and yes obviously you are not going to take the word of actual Arsenal fans but you can do your own homework on it because I see no point in debating with someone who does not want to believe something even from people who might see the unrest themselves

The cups games have been great though frankfurt could have been well ahead before we even scored, only the forest and liege game have been convincing and forest were more interested in their championship game on the Friday for obvious reasons and wenger showed how easy the group stages in Europa league as well so its hardly an achievement

As I think I said as the fullbacks come back a lot of fans a hopeful the football will look a lot better
I'm not bothered about whether Arsenal win anything or not, frankly I couldn't care less. But reading your comments about horrific football and the manager shd be sacked etc, they make no sense even to an outsider. That's all I'm saying.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
I'm not bothered about whether Arsenal win anything or not, frankly I couldn't care less. But reading your comments about horrific football and the manager shd be sacked etc, they make no sense even to an outsider. That's all I'm saying.
They make no sense to you, plenty of outsiders are laughing at both us and utd for the football we are playing and plenty of Arsenal fans don't like emery, for what its worth I defended him all of last season and only started to dislike him because of the football we are playing this season, just look at the shoots on our goal and its obvious to tell there is a problem, we actually looked slightly more solid against utd so hopefully with players coming back it will improve and emery will win people back over, saying the football this season has been horrific is something a lot of people will tell you though

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
How would you feel if St Johnstone got 31 shots on your goal and managed to pull off a well deserved 2-2 draw with Celtic? Because that's what happened with us and bottom side Watford

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Apparently our genius youth directors didn't approve his try out.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Could have scored a hat-trick and put the game to bed but yeah he's pretty good. Seems to always be in the right place.

ash_86

One of those players who exactly knows where the ball will fall and where the goal is. Reminds me of Chitarito in that aspect.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
This kid is ridiculous - how did other clubs miss out on him? Edu made it his missions to bring him to England when he took the job at Arsenal.

I did some research as to why he wasn't at a top Brazilian side (Santos, Sao Paulo etc) - turns out he was with Corinthians but moved away at a young age with his family so trained with Ituano.

He has a bit of Luis Suarez in the way he plays.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
This guy looks the real deal. Insane record for an 18 yr old new to the country.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like the look of him.

Skilful, hard working and an eye for goal. Arsenal should really stop shoehorning Aubameyang on the left and stick with this kid.

Raw

8 goals and 2 assists in 696 minutes is mighty impressive. Even if they mostly came against minnows.

He looked great against West Ham, direct and threatening and a big part of why they woke up in the second half.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
He has that Sanchez, tevez South American work rate and hunger. It’s amazing to see this guys hunger and desire and you see someone like Reiss nelson who has been in arsenals academy most of his life and being spoiled

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Arsenal’s best signing this summer.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Kid looks pretty good to be honest. He's got a great drive and urgency in his game.