Gabriel Obertan | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
shame really, i thought he had a lot to give. Guess he wasnt prepared to wait and prove himself.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I blame Kouroux as well ;)

Blanc's comments about him always worried me
As far as his United career goes I think you called this one correctly right from the start. Kudos.
You give too much credit.Obertan burned a big bridge by joining United, he took a gamble on his early career and it hasn't worked out.It doesn't mean he is doomed to be an average player for ever.There is always a hope he might develop into a decent player as he is still very young.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

:rolleyes:

From what everyone says Obertan was a great professional. Still remember him for helping us get that last minute Scholes goal v City, and for the great goal he scored against Besiktas.

Hope he goes on to fulfill all the promise at Newcastle. They could have a great bargain!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

From what everyone says Obertan was a great professional. Still remember him for helping us get that last minute Scholes goal v City, and for the great goal he scored against Besiktas.

Hope he goes on to fulfill all the promise at Newcastle. They could have a great bargain!

I can only see one great professional in that image (discounting Sir Bobby, since he no longer plays).

prateik

Good luck tanman
He will be missed... not really, but I liked him and wish him the best of luck

Kelvin

shame he couldn't make the grade for us, good luck with newcastle except against us

left pig and gibson to go now...

Robbie Boy

Never looked even close to being good enough for us. He has some raw-potential but I am not so sure that he will ever fulfil it. Good luck to him anyway as he goes to join the growing French contingent at Newcastle.

Ringo 07

I think we should think twice before investing in a french player with a kidney shaped head next time one is on the market. After Silvestre and Obertan I there is a lesson to be learned. I hope Obertan fulfils his rich potential though

twitter thread suggester
I hope we've got some kind of sell-on clause. I can see him being worth quite a bit in the future, if he finally manages to make it all click.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I think we should think twice before investing in a french player with a kidney shaped head next time one is on the market. After Silvestre and Obertan I there is a lesson to be learned. I hope Obertan fulfils his rich potential though
Silvestre was a great signing for us.

Man-United

Exactly. He played a lot of games for us and was one of our more important players when we won the league in 02/03 I'd say.

But for those who didn't watch him much until 2005, I can understand he's seen as a flop as he was injured a lot during his last few years at United and made a lot of errors. Overall though, a very good signing.

Over 350 games for us, yep clearly shite..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing him play next season now :/

twitchchris

Really? He had some great performances, especially when partnered with someone more solid, but I remember attention problems, and weird decisions letting in a number of goals.

And headbutting Freddy Ljundgberg. Not that I don't understand the urge; it just seemed to be unprovoked, and got him sent off. Fortunately the game was won already, but he was out for 3 after that.

I remember being scared of what bizarre thing he would do next, especially when Rio was serving his lengthy ban.

Shimo

I think he'll become a very good player for them. He needs games and hopefully one day there will be that switch that finally turns on that lets him look up and play the right final ball. That's the main thing holding him back from being a very good player - has everything else in his locker. Easier said than done though, lots of players are skillful, just that footballing brain part for some never kicks in.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Really? He had some great performances, especially when partnered with someone more solid, but I remember attention problems, and weird decisions letting in a number of goals.

And headbutting Freddy Ljundgberg. Not that I don't understand the urge; it just seemed to be unprovoked, and got him sent off. Fortunately the game was won already, but he was out for 3 after that.

I remember being scared of what bizarre thing he would do next, especially when Rio was serving his lengthy ban.
Four million and got 250 appearances, never a world class player, but still very very good

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Surprising. Thought we would have been more patient with him. I'm assuming we've made very little off this transfer so we could have given him longer. I guess his lack of progress must have convinced Fergie he wasn't capable.

MUFCgal

Surprising. Thought we would have been more patient with him. I'm assuming we've made very little off this transfer so we could have given him longer. I guess his lack of progress must have convinced Fergie he wasn't capable.
I think SAF is just realising we had players who aren't up to the standard or are surplus to requirements.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What the hell is SAF's thinking? Letting Obertan go will reduce the "can do the job" staff to the minimum. We can't have a team were every single player in it is good enough to actually compete for a first team role rather then merely cover it.

Ace

Good luck to him in the future. I think he'll end up a good player, he's just behind to many quality players at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.