Gabriel Obertan | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
I think he's still doing alot of gym work which was kind of distrupted in during pre-season. So you may find that he won't play too many games whilst still on the programme. Similar thing was done with Welbeck.
This makes a lot of sense. The increase in his bulk has been apparent of late.

tintedsepia

Probably not useful to compare Obertain to Possebon.

I think he looked creative, good. Yes there were some mistakes but he looks a little more polished than last season - and like he's getting his old spark back. Obviously still some way to go but at least he constantly looks to attack AND play team mates in.

zub2007

I know that Valencia being out, has increased the likely chance of Obertan getting some game time, but truthfully when was the last young player at Utd who started at resevers got a proper run out with the first team. Not a game or 15 mins here and there am talking about regular games.

Im not getting overly concerned yet. Sir Alex has probably included Bebe as our backup winger for this squad instead of Obertan, due to what he's seen in training. At the moment Obertan isn't quite at the level we expect of him. Like others have said he just needs more games to get back into his rhythm and find his sharpness again. I remember in pre-season he was looking very sharp until he sustained that injury.

Have some patience there will be plenty of opportunities for him.

Ringo 07

I reckon it will be another year or so before we start to see him make an impact in the first team! If Fergie really fancied him as a future playmaker then he probably would not have flirted with Ozil and Sneijder in the summer. But he could turn out to be an outstanding squad player if he does not become a first team regular on the wing or in the center!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I'm a bit disappointed we haven't seen a bit more of obertan and perhaps even bebe. When Valencia got injured I thought it would mean some more games being given to obertan in particular, I even drafted him into my fantasy team as a bit of a wildcard!

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
The fact that both aren't that fit and Obertan just got back from injury and hasn't done that well in the reserves are the only reason why Obertan has been kept out so far.

No one can deny that he was very "HOT" in pre-season and deservingly should get at least a bench spot.

Lets see after he gets match fitness again and wait till the right time, it'll be Nani-Park combo until Obertan and Bebe' steps up.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
he shit for the reserves and yet some fanboys think he's the answer.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He isn't any better than Richardson or Tosic for that matter. Reminds me of Bellion a little bit. Their careers certainly are similar.

Maroon Lucifer

He isn't any better than Richardson or Tosic for that matter. Reminds me of Bellion a little bit. Their careers certainly are similar.
I don't think you've watched him in the reserves lately. He has a lot more tools in his game than those three... combined! Well except for goals.

wr8_utd

:'(
Says a lot about his chances that we prefer to play no one on our left rather than give him a chance.

zub2007

Yeah Carling Cup against Wolves we shpuld seee him in action.

Aporkalypse

Looked confident on the ball, loved his strength and determination.

Also he is shite and not United quality.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yup. Would like to see him start on Sunday as part of a front 3.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He really should be getting more of an opportunity in the 1st team. Seems to have bulked up as well, but i'd love to see him be a little more positive and run at the opposition more. With a massive frame like his, he should be able to take players on and out muscle them.

dev1l

It seems that Obertan spent a lot of time at the gym lately...

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He has yet to convince me, but its early doors. What a chance he has right now to claim a spot.

Sorry Park but I dont want to see you in these type of games

MUFCgal

I couldn't believe how huge he looked, he's really been hitting the gym it seems.

Thought he did well tonight when he came on. Park isn't really doing it for me right now, I'd give Obertan a run in the side and see how he does.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm glad he's had a chance to show what some of us have been seeing in the reserves, I see a good future for this lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.