Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That is too kind.

I think it's a meaningless word.

English isn't the most rational language, granted, but there are some rules:

Responsible: negation = Irresponsible;

Thoughtful: negation = Thoughtless;

Regard: negation = Irregardless (double negation meaning what exactly?)
So much dedication for the English language.

surf

Welbeck being back will reduce Obertan's chances of games. Welbeck can do everything that Obertan does, and more, and he is 2 years younger.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
his atrocious debut has me scarred, no where near United quality

:lol: at 0:40.

but Randall I agree, he looked like had potential then turn to poo.

I think it all truly went wrong when we lost to Leeds in the Fa Cup at home.

Sigh Ober, where did it all go wrong? you were like some sort of mixed race C Ronaldo mixed with a bit of Zidane and completely diluted with Dong.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Sigh Ober, where did it all go wrong? you were like some sort of mixed race C Ronaldo mixed with a bit of Zidane and completely diluted with Dung.
Fixed.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I actually thought he looked alright on his debut. A bit excited and taken with nerves as shown when he ran it out of play but for the most part he seemed pretty effective just lacking with his final ball.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
I stopped watching after that but decided to give it another go,

but 1:36 it gets worse

Some of these repressed memories are just coming out watching that video.

I actually thought he looked alright on his debut. A bit excited and taken with nerves as shown when he ran it out of play but for the most part he seemed pretty effective just lacking with his final ball.
He does show some good link up play, it would be harsh to let two Sunday league moments deny him that.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Maybe a loan but in all seriousness I think it might be time to get rid. Has all the attributes but seems desitined to be a nearly man who wont achieve hos potential, in his time here he's had a few chances in the first team but his bad performances have been more memorable than his good.

We have the likes of Cleverly and Welbeck back now who deserve their chance, and it may have to be at Obetans expense.

tintedsepia

With Ben arfa injured and Routledge just sold, he would get alot of first time playing time which he needs.

Like Nani I think if you just play him irregardless , he will finally just break through.
Pretty sure Ben Arfa is still at Newcastle

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
This word: what does it mean?
my apologies on the confusion of such a word (here this might be helpful: Irregardless - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary), as I merely was trying to point out that if Obertan were to play week in and week out with no fear of being dropped over mistakes I believe it would help his confidence and like Nani allow him to develop his talent.

A loan spell at a club like Newcastle who are in need of wingers would be ideal.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I had really high hopes that last season we were gonna see something special from him, sadly the confidence to do what he is capable of simply isn't there and so Newcastle looks at this point like a better place for him.

Less competition, smaller stage, more tolerant of inconsistancy. When you couple that with the amount of pre season game time on the wing that we've been giving to a fringe player like Diouf(who despite many limitations isn't affraid to play) and it doesn't look good as far as an OT career goes for Obertan.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He's a strange player. Has a lot of natural talent but he still cant do many of the simple things right and he's one of the most fragile players mentally i've ever seen on a football pitch. He literally looks like he's about to burst out crying at any given moment and he seems to have absolutely no faith in his own ability. If he makes a mistake in a game his confidence is shot and if the whole team is playing poorly he's never the sort of player that'll grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

I'd send him on loan this season but its last chance saloon for him. If he cant do the business at the likes of Newcastle, he hasnt a prayer of making it with us.

RonaldoVII

I find it odd that he isn't going on loan but he has had 2 seasons and doesn't seem to have progressed since we signed him. It was an odd signing given his circumstances but he has pace and raw ability but doesn't seem to have the confidence to use them to good effect. Hope he gets the chance to shine at Newcastle and does well.

Devilton

Another midfielder leaving United. Great cause we're well stocked in that department.

that said, I doubt Mr Potatoe head would have broken in ahead of Nani, Valencia, Park and Young so good luck to the lad. Still wish it had been a loan deal though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Adieu Monsieur Obertan

Siorac

I think Bellion comfortably won the Battle of Odd French Signings.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Another midfielder leaving United. Great cause we're well stocked in that department.

that said, I doubt Mr Potatoe head would have broken in ahead of Nani, Valencia, Park and Young so good luck to the lad. Still wish it had been a loan deal though.
I'll have to assume that first paragraph is ironic. Either that or you're genuinely stupid enough to not know the difference between wingers and central midfielders.

Hmmm...

It's a tough call.

Status
Not open for further replies.