Gabriel Veron

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, trash source but an interesting link.
It'll be interesting to see if the report is corroborated by someone else. It's also interesting to see that both Hopkinson and Colman have put their name to the story like they might know something.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
They're reporting that United want to send him on loan and Sporting CP is a option.

Not the most reliable report but he definitely has the ability to be the versatile forward in the mid to long-term.
Would potentially be a very shrewd move that. You get a good look at him in a relatively high pressure environment and you wouldn't expect to make a massive loss on him whatever happens.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It'll be interesting to see if the report is corroborated by someone else. It's also interesting to see that both Hopkinson and Colman have put their name to the story like they might know something.
Exciting prospect.

I've watched him on a number of occasions in the Libertadores or the Brasileiro. I will admit I wasn;t fully focused on him watching the games but a number of times he has caught my eye. Well worth a punt for ~£10 Million

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Exciting prospect.

I've watched him on a number of occasions in the Libertadores or the Brasileiro. I will admit I wasn;t fully focused on him watching the games but a number of times he has caught my eye. Well worth a punt for ~£10 Million
@TwoSheds

Agreed, it would be a good move potentially and the lad has potential to develop into a very dangerous threat all across the front line.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Exciting prospect.

Yes. Money saved from the FdJ negotiation can be used on him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems to be a wide forward? Odd that we sign and target so many young kids for that role but no CFs.

Dazzmondo

Kept meaning to watch some full games of this kid but never got around to it. All I've seen are highlights and I'm aware he's supposed to be one of the brightest young Brazilian talents. How talented as compared to Pellistri when we signed him for example, I'm not sure. Interestingly another one of his teammates is also called Gabriel (Menino) and he's supposed to be one of the best young Brazilian cms. I'd probably prefer for us to target a player at this stage in his career in Menino's position tbh since I think Garnacho, Amad, Pellistri and Elanga are all probably at a similar level to Veron currently (just based on relative reputations and what I've seen, as mentioned I haven't seen him enough to say with any certainty).

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Kept meaning to watch some full games of this kid but never got around to it. All I've seen are highlights and I'm aware he's supposed to be one of the brightest young Brazilian talents. How talented as compared to Pellistri when we signed him for example, I'm not sure. Interestingly another one of his teammates is also called Gabriel (Menino) and he's supposed to be one of the best young Brazilian cms. I'd probably prefer for us to target a player at this stage in his career in Menino's position tbh since I think Garnacho, Amad, Pellistri and Elanga are all probably at a similar level to Veron currently (just based on relative reputations and what I've seen, as mentioned I haven't seen him enough to say with any certainty).
I agree with this. I’d rather a second contract CM or ST. We have enough pacy wide forwards that we aren’t getting any use out of

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He was much higher touted at youth level, where he won U17 WC. In the pros he hasn’t set the world on fire and had inumerous injuries. He is rapid but his injury record at his age is worrisome, and he’s very pace dependant as he isnt a virtuoso

Bojan Djordjic

He was much higher touted at youth level, where he won U17 WC. In the pros he hasn’t set the world on fire and had inumerous injuries. He is rapid but his injury record at his age is worrisome, and he’s very pace dependant as he isnt a virtuoso
Would we not be better off going for someone like Endrick or Matheus Nascimento if we're scouting Brazilian youth?

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Would we not be better off going for someone like Endrick or Matheus Nascimento if we're scouting Brazilian youth?
Endrick - The whole world wants him

Nascimento - Looks like Tostão at youth ranks, has looked bang average as a professional, although its normal for his age.