Gabriel Veron

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is the right profile of player to develop but we never go for Brazilian attackers for some reason. I hope we start picking up more South American players asap.
The ‘some reason’ has usually been a work permit one in their younger years, which is now gone. The top tier Brazilian forwards were never in our reach later on in their careers, Ronaldinho is famously the closest we got.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The ‘some reason’ has usually been a work permit one in their younger years, which is now gone. The top tier Brazilian forwards were never in our reach later on in their careers, Ronaldinho is famously the closest we got.
I thought we had him. What a player he would have been for us. I’d say we may genuinely be interested in this fella and real and barca being broke won’t harm our chances.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
A really special talent from Brazil.....i rate him higher than Vinicius, Rodrygo or Antony.

Most of us are still want Sancho but Gabriel Veron with Diallo and Pellistri should give us a great chance to end our problem on the right-wing (and then it would make even more sense to go for Grealish instead of Sancho in the summer transfer window).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I thought we had him. What a player he would have been for us. I’d say we may genuinely be interested in this fella and real and barca being broke won’t harm our chances.
Yea, still saddens me til this day. Would have been great to see him at United in his prime.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A really special talent from Brazil.....i rate him higher than Vinicius, Rodrygo or Antony.

Most of us are still want Sancho but Gabriel Veron with Diallo and Pellistri should give us a great chance to end our problem on the right-wing (and then it would make even more sense to go for Grealish instead of Sancho in the summer transfer window).
I don’t see the point in buying 3 teenagers to develop/compete for one role. I feel like we have made our choice at right wing, and any other young right winger should only be brought in after a proper look at Diallo, but he’s first up to have a crack at the role long term for me. That includes Sancho, who is still a young player himself.

I guess we could maybe sign one to play on the left, but you have to assume that Rashford will play there more often than not so probably little point there too.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I don’t see the point in buying 3 teenagers to develop/compete for one role. I feel like we have made our choice at right wing, and any other young right winger should only be brought in after a proper look at Diallo, but he’s first up to have a crack at the role long term for me. That includes Sancho, who is still a young player himself.

I guess we could maybe sign one to play on the left, but you have to assume that Rashford will play there more often than not so probably little point there too.
I think to have a chance to get such a special talent is a must-buy.
He can play good on both wings.

Diallo has still no minutes for us and Pellistri will be probably be on loan in the next 18 months.

I just wanna say if the decision is between Grealish + Veron or Sancho then i would go for Grealish + Veron.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think to have a chance to get such a special talent is a must-buy.
He can play good on both wings.

Diallo has still no minutes for us and Pellistri will be probably be on loan in the next 18 months.

I just wanna say if the decision is between Grealish + Veron or Sancho then i would go for Grealish + Veron.
Diallo still has no minutes for us and we want to bring in another his same age already? Pellistri has no minutes yet eother, although he doesn’t seem of the same profile of Veron and Diallo.

I appreciate that Veron may well be a special talent, but buying two 18 year old special talents for the same position makes little sense to me that’s all. This is before we even consider 19 year old Greenwood who will also be in the same rotation.

Even Grealish, as much as I am growing to like him, has no place for me. In football we make choices. I wanted us to sign Grealish instead of Bruno last year, but we have filled the position with Bruno now. We will just end up with similar VDB situations.

We need to get rid of a forward before we add anymore I think. And the next one in should be Haaland if at all possible. But I think it’s only fair to give Diallo am actual shot. As you said, he hasn’t even player any minutes for us yet and we’re on to the next!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Same agent as Fred and the first thing I noticed about him was that he doesn't skip leg day. He's an absolute tank and difficult to knock off the ball. His tenacious style also reminds a bit of how Carlos Tevez played.

I watched him for the first time almost two years ago in the u17 world cup and even created a thread in the FF discussing the tournament. He played off the right and Brazil went on to win the tournament with Veron crowned the player of the tournament. Brazil also had a RB (Yan Couto) who was brilliant and has since signed for City.

It's also interesting that he's still playing on the right side because if I'm not mistaken he's naturally right footed and IMO would be best suited to playing off the left.

I can see the club signing him if they feel the price quoted by Dortmund for Sancho is too high and Veron's talent is considered to be of a similar level in the mid to long term. It's reported Veron will be sold for 20m which is a reasonable price for a player considered to be a hot prospect.

Veron for 20m may allow us to sign Declan Rice and a CB which Ole wants as a priority if reports are to be believed.

Devil may care

I love those low centre of gravity South American forwards, only seen the video above of him and he looks exciting with electric pace and good technique, if the price is right and can play all 3 positions in the front 3 then he could be a smart buy.

I think one of the biggest issues that puts us off signing players directly from South America is there’s often a 3rd party ownership factor that we don't like dealing with.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All sounds great until they say they want more money than Santos got for Neymar :lol: dream on

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I remember hearing somewhere about barca paying for hookers and giving neymar senior a job title and loads of cash on the sly to get that deal done. That kind of stuff is just crazy messy :lol:
Yep, imagine Woodward trying to negotiate that one!

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I think the Sancho boat has sailed. Get this guy in and spend big on Grealish, Rice and a CB in the summer.

Mata and James will probably go in the near future so that will leave us with

Grealish, Rashford, Diallo, Veron and Pellistri competing for our wing spots. It’s good competition and we all know it’s a squad game now. There’s no guarantee that all of them will fulfill their potential so even if 2 out of the 3 young ones do that will be good business.

Mason will probably compete for the centre forward position with Cavani and Martial (until we get Haaland). So that would be our squad settled for years to come.

Davie Moyes

Diallo still has no minutes for us and we want to bring in another his same age already? Pellistri has no minutes yet eother, although he doesn’t seem of the same profile of Veron and Diallo.

I appreciate that Veron may well be a special talent, but buying two 18 year old special talents for the same position makes little sense to me that’s all. This is before we even consider 19 year old Greenwood who will also be in the same rotation.

Even Grealish, as much as I am growing to like him, has no place for me. In football we make choices. I wanted us to sign Grealish instead of Bruno last year, but we have filled the position with Bruno now. We will just end up with similar VDB situations.

We need to get rid of a forward before we add anymore I think. And the next one in should be Haaland if at all possible. But I think it’s only fair to give Diallo am actual shot. As you said, he hasn’t even player any minutes for us yet and we’re on to the next!
I would love to sign them all.... however totally with you on this. Unfortunately don't think there is room for either Veron or Grealish.

reddevilz007

I would love to sign them all.... however totally with you on this. Unfortunately don't think there is room for either Veron or Grealish.
You make space for great players, so yes there is room for Grealish. We have enough young players and with the departure of Lingard and Mata, we fall short of experience and “creative” roaming wingers.

Charlie Foley

I’m sorry.

why are none of you talking about the fact that he wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a cowboy

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

I love those low centre of gravity South American forwards, only seen the video above of him and he looks exciting with electric pace and good technique, if the price is right and can play all 3 positions in the front 3 then he could be a smart buy.

I think one of the biggest issues that puts us off signing players directly from South America is there’s often a 3rd party ownership factor that we don't like dealing with.
There's also the problem we had with Caicedo of who is representing the player which seems frustratingly fluid in SA.

Schmeichel=God

I'm not even watching the highlights reel this time. Not risking excitement. If he's that good then we're not getting him. Moving on....:wenger: