Gabriele Biancheri

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A deal has been agreed with Cardiff City for striker Gabriele Biancheri, the 16-year-old Wales Under-17 international who also qualifies to represent England and Italy.
Biancheri completed a medical over the weekend and is set to join United, signing a scholar contract and then a long-term professional deal when he turns 17 in September.
The move does not need to be done before Tuesday’s deadline but United have acted decisively to secure a player who was on the radar for a number of leading clubs.

From Ornstein

So seems the deal is completed.

OmarUnited4ever

A deal has been agreed with Cardiff City for striker Gabriele Biancheri, the 16-year-old Wales Under-17 international who also qualifies to represent England and Italy.

Biancheri completed a medical over the weekend and is set to join United, signing a scholar contract and then a long-term professional deal when he turns 17 in September.

The move does not need to be done before Tuesday’s deadline but United have acted decisively to secure a player who was on the radar for a number of leading clubs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was actually wondering over the weekend when we'd go for another striker, our youth strikers are decent but you can't really see with any with first team potential. On another note it doesn't half make me feel old when there are players joining born more than a decade after me.

kaku06

Was actually wondering over the weekend when we'd go for another striker, our youth strikers are decent but you can't really see with any with first team potential. On another note it doesn't half make me feel old when there are players joining born more than a decade after me.
Get over yourself. Here i am posting from my grave.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
We lack proper centre-forwards at youth level so this signing makes sense and I'd expect a few more to follow. There were reports of Chelsea being interested so it appears United have moved pretty quickly on this one. I haven't heard of him trialling with the U/18's at all so assume if he did come up for trails he featured for the U/16's.

From what I can gather on the internet.

Name: Gabriele Biancheri

Date of Birth: 18th September 2006 (16)

Schools:
Currently attend Corpus Christi Catholic School in Cardiff. He also runs Cross Country for the school and at U/13 level won the 2.6k XC race in 10.12 which is really quick. Obviously he will now attend school in Manchester depending upon when he arrives.

Current Club: Cardiff City but no idea how long he has been with them. He has been playing with the U/16's and featured on occasions for the U/18's, including the last few minutes of a FA Youth Cup tie. In December he was called up into the U/21's for the Premier League Cup match against Wolves and came on as a substitute.

Honours: Played for Cardiff & Vale Schools FA for a number of years and was leading goal scorer at U/12, U/13 and U/14 level. He was also U/14 Player of the Year. He has played for Wales U/16's and recently for the U/17's in the U/17 Euro Championship qualifiers. He came on a sub against Sweden in a 3-3 draw and immediately got two yellow cards. Wales have qualified for the next round.

Other Notes: I seem to remember his name being mentioned when United played Cardiff in a pre-season friendly at Carrington last August. Not sure if he impressed during that match or not...or whether David Hughes (see article) gave United the heads up when he joined our coaching staff from Cardiff City in August. He came on as a sub as Cardiff defeated United 4-2. Apparently he can also play for Italy and England but I don't know his heritage specifically.

We have missed out on a few youngsters recently, whose agents seem to be more interested in money than a pathway to the first team so hopefully our scouts can start to find additional talented juniors around the country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/footbal...hester,a professional development phase coach.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Looks a bit small for the PL imo.

khoazany

Nice to get a good striker for that U16s group. Another fullback and that group is quite set.

Glorio

I was under the impression that he played for the Cardiff senior team

We need an rvn

Nice to get a good striker for that U16s group. Another fullback and that group is quite set.
I might be wrong but I think he'll be going into the U17/18 squad and just integrate with the players for the next few months before having a pre-pre-season

I am lead to believe the U16s have their full quota of scholars after the latest cull at youth level.

Glorio

No. He has played as a substitute for the U/21's in the League Cup...he doesn't have a first team squad number and is nowhere near the first team.
Ah ... cool. Thanks for the clarification

khoazany

I might be wrong but I think he'll be going into the U17/18 squad and just integrate with the players for the next few months before having a pre-pre-season

I am lead to believe the U16s have their full quota of scholars after the latest cull at youth level.
I don’t think so, think you mixed it up with the current first year U18s. I doubt the current U16s batch have more than 8-9 players that will get scholarships.

Beaucoup

Pretty sure he’s an U16. When we get all the players back fit we should have a pretty strong U18s team next season.

We need an rvn

Pretty sure he’s an U16. When we get all the players back fit we should have a pretty strong U18s team next season.
I think he’s u16 now, but there’s only a couple of months left in the youth season and hence my thinking was that the contract signed would be for a 2 year scholar going up to u18s and the next few months would be more about bedding into how things work at United etc with the focus being next year

Who knows

bringbackbebe

Looks two footed and skilful in those videos and sort of looks like a young Julian Alvarez. Wishing him the best.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Thanks. U18s need someone in that area anyway.

Bertie Wooster

Good luck to him.

Looking forward to watching him with the Academy & U21's in the coming seasons.

Big Andy

Bloke
Every time i see "2006 born" a little bit of me dies inside. fecking 2006 born. feck off.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Also broke the Leeds captain's ankle with his first tackle. He'd be hailed a hero in the 80s

Bertie Wooster

Wales have just topped their group so have qualified for the Euro U17's Finals (for the first time, apparently!)

It was a dramatic end to the 3 game group, with all teams able to top the group until the last minute - Wales were 2-0 down to Montenegro at HT (both goals in 1st half injury time). At that stage Montenegro topped the group. They ended up bottom when Wales came back to draw 2-2. Still wasn't in Wales hands as a winner in the other game would have seen that team through as group winners, but it finished 0-0 so Wales were the qualifiers.

I wasn't able to watch it, or Biancheri, as closely as I intended as I was watching it while suffering bouts of sickness (sorry for the TMI), but he played the first 75 minutes or so - going off at 2-1 to Montenegro. He showed some decent touches and technique, and had one good spin and shot that brought a good save, but I didn't think he was in the game as much as the first match v Scotland which I also watched and he scored in. But happy to be corrected about that as, like I said, I unfortunately missed parts of the game.